• Jai Newcombe

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • Denver Grainger-Barras

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Connor Downie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you throw a blanket over DGB, Bramble, Jai and Brockman (based on the upside) as becoming ong term high level performers. Kosi only not in that group because they have a bit more polish, but you can argue he looks like being just as valuable given he runs around like a madman smashing bodies, taking marks and kicking goals. He will get better too.

Best 22 next year will be all of those, and Reeves if fit. Heck, you could argue they all are already.

On that note Reeves is going to be something else also, but is likely a bit further off a regular gig unless they play him whenever he is fit.

Jeka didn't get a good enough run at it to show his full tool kit I don't think. Downie showed enough preseason to think he belongs also, and his last game was good during the season proper.

Exciting times, particularly given the high pick in DGB looks like working out well, we grabbed two potential B/B+ graders out of the bush leagues, and we nailed a guy who looks like Mark Williams on steroids in Brockman. Throw in turning a career back into a forward (not that common) and a pick that looked like (but wasn't) nepotism turning into a likely boom recruit as well (in an area we have no depth in no less).

Duke had the best debut.

Bramble was our best first year player IMO.

These 8 say a lot about our direction though. Can't be all doom and gloom once you add the breakout seasons of Moore and CJ alongside them as well.

I went with Jai,purely on his efforts without a preseason under his belt.
This won't be popular but I'm still bitter Bramble let Stack of the chain,then the silly kick out free kick resulting in 3 goals and cost that last win
for Silk and Clarko... That said, he was terrific in all other games.

I love the work rate and contest that Kosi brings to the team. Just hates the opposition getting the ball, especially in the air. Really important for our forward structure and I think we saw that in the last few games with Lewis back as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Favourite debutant this year would be Bramble, he is not just going to be a role player for us. He has the tools to be a genuine A-grader which is ridiculous given his background and how long it took him to get on an AFL list. He’s quick, clean, composed, has a big tank, has brilliant skills and vision and is good in traffic. I have hopes that he could be the explosive inside/outside mid we so desperately crave 🤞

The most exciting thing about our kids this year is that they all have genuine upside. Any one of Bramble, DGB, Brockman and Reeves could be A-graders. I also think Newcombe potentially has that type of upside too. And we haven’t even seen Seamus Mitchell yet.

Add in Day, CJ, Moore, Scrimshaw, Kosi and Worpel and there is a hell of a lot to be excited about with this list!

Bramble. Jet. But I reckon in time Reeves will be the pick of the bunch. He’ll be every bit of Max Gawn

That's a really exciting group for just one year.

Found it hard to split them but I went with Brockman is my fav, with a few close behind. What I saw from him told me that he can be one of the top players in the AFL for his position with some hard work over the next 3-5 years. His ceiling is very high and I reckon he could jump high enough to touch it, turn to protect the ball and land on his feet :p

Reeves might be my second favourite. Young ruckmen just don't go from where he was in 2019/20 to what he did in 2021. So exciting. Gawn, Nic Nat, Goldstein, Grundy could soon become Darcy, Draper, O'Brien, Reeves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like many, Bramble was a standout for me this year. He just took to AFL so quickly, is a bit more mature than the others and will most likely have the biggest impact in 2022. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he made the AA squad next year, playing from a wing.

Grainger-Barras remains the most important long term player of the eight listed. He will take longer to develop, but if he can become our Weitering, Andrews or May it just elevates our list so much in the long term.

Kosi and Newcombe will make blokes walk taller for the rest of the decade. Reeves and Brockman are serious talents. Downie will make it.

Kosi being criminally undersold here. After years of frustrating inconsistency from all of our key forwards, we finally had one whose endeavour could never be questioned, provided some structure and was a reliable finisher in front of goal.

A great find considering the very low expectations coming into the season.

Like many, Bramble was a standout for me this year. He just took to AFL so quickly, is a bit more mature than the others and will most likely have the biggest impact in 2022. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he made the AA squad next year, playing from a wing.

Grainger-Barras remains the most important long term player of the eight listed. He will take longer to develop, but if he can become our Weitering, Andrews or May it just elevates our list so much in the long term.

Kosi and Newcombe will make blokes walk taller for the rest of the decade. Reeves and Brockman are serious talents. Downie will make it.

With all the onballers the AFL needs to fit into the AA team, does not leave much room for genuine outside/running players like Bramble.

Did anyone see that article listing each team's top 5 fastest players in any particular moment in any match?

Turns out for us (rather surprisingly) it was Kosi.

Did anyone see that article listing each team's top 5 fastest players in any particular moment in any match?

Turns out for us (rather surprisingly) it was Kosi.
Also saw the most distance covered on avg for Hawthorn, the most distance in one game and so on is all Bramble no1.

Kosi our best bet at a Gunston replacement (although Sicily is also an obvious one)

he has a few more tricks than lead, mark, kick
Really? But for the colour of the jumper, I see almost no resemblance.

Yes, but Moore wasn't so surprising.

Moore was a hell of a lot more surprising to me than Kosi.

Taller guys tend to have higher top speeds they just accelerate slower because of lever length, Moore is short and has poor acceleration so I never thought I'd see him anywhere near our top 5.

Back