Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 37, Henry Hustwaite - Debuts against the Dees!

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember one of their big sticking points was that said we wanted a bigger midfielder, but then we chose the midget 188cm Cam McKenzie, instead of the giant 190cm Ruben Ginbey.

FAIL!

I remember one of their big sticking points was that said we wanted a bigger midfielder, but then we chose the midget 188cm Cam McKenzie, instead of the giant 190cm Ruben Ginbey.

FAIL!
We also added the namesake of this thread, and Weddle who we planned to transition into a midfielder.

"They wanted to draft bigger midfielders, but they didn't draft the bigger midfielder we thought they should"

Nice read on Huss with his development/growth over summer:

Assistant coach Kade Simpson said post-game: “Henry is just really eager to learn and not afraid to match it with the big guys. All summer he has been going up against guys like Jai Newcombe, James Worpel and Conor Nash. He’s been challenging himself against them – and they’re quality midfielders – so now stepping out against guys like Tom Liberatore is not that much of a big step up for him because he’s been doing it all summer.”
Hus and Cam = siky mofos. Forget about it

Besides his clean hands, one of the things that stands out to me about Hustwaite is just his ability to get involved, Conor MacDonald to me is similar in that vein. If the ball is in their area they’ll get touches and be involved in the play. They understand what’s happening and their place within it and have the skills to contribute and capitalise. Exciting times.

Two year contract extension!

boom smile GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news! Although we haven't seen much of him yet, there's a quiet confidence and composure that he has shown already from limited opportunities. Should be an absolute beast when he fills out his frame and starts getting some Brownlow votes.

He seems to be a good tackler despite his pencil frame, he really wraps up players in tackles. If he can fill out I think he's going to be a impossible to dispossess and will drop players in tackles.

On a side note, Nash, Hustwaite and Newcombe all seem to be good at getting the ball out whilst being tackled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back