2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the Norwood /Port Power reserves game.
Norwood have an impressive crop of players who all know their role. Baulderstone and Dawe were very impressive in ruck. Both are pretty agile blokes on the ground and their kicking better than half the full timers in our team.
Liked the look of Chippendale and Wilson who has a ton of pace.
They really are a professional unit for a non AFL team.

Nathan Bassett really turned us around

I think that rule has been brought in to close a loophole Port exploited to keep Summerton.

I agree with the rule - Port and the Crows should not be out trying to poach senior SANFL players.

Summerton is a hypocritical w***er

Thought it was very interesting to see that Kelly was with the rest of the Crows boys (Danger, Rutten and Otten) at the AFLPA Awards last night. Is this an indication he might be getting an upgrade?
He lives at "the performance center" (I.e. Danger's house) so it is probably more them being good mates. Having said that I think he is likely to get upgraded

Have they though ?

Seems to me that rules still allow for Port to play Sommeton, Slattery, Krakouer and co next year. I was under the impression that it was only supposed to be a one time deal.
The new rules aren't retrospective so any players currently on contracts are not affected yet. But as these rules are reviewed on a yearly basis there is no guarantee what might happen in the coming seasons. Hardly an environment for these players to thrive. I think I would be looking elsewhere.

The new rules aren't retrospective so any players currently on contracts are not affected yet. But as these rules are reviewed on a yearly basis there is no guarantee what might happen in the coming seasons. Hardly an environment for these players to thrive. I think I would be looking elsewhere.

Why would these players such as Krakouer, Slattery, Sommerton & Co look elsewhere - where else could they get $400 per league game or $100 per reserves game :D They obviously play for the love of the club

After watching a few SANFL games this year with the 2's team coming in, I reckon to get full benefit from it, something has to change. The umpiring style of the SANFL is stuck in the 80's.

It's like watching a different game. Holding the ball is a bounce almost every time, deliberate OOB doesn't exist, are a couple that stick out among so many inconsistencies.

I know the main benefit of having our own team in the SANFL is having them all play together, so the players get game plan and positional consistency, ect. but IMO while the umpiring is so different, there is still too much of a change for players going from SANFL to AFL ranks.

I reckon its time the SANFL threw out Shane Harris and his old'n days umpiring style and brought in someone who has a connection to the modern world of umpiring.

Do any of our Victorian based fans go to VFL games? What is the umpiring like over there? Are they stuck in a time warp too?

Can someone post the twitter exchange between the crows and rucci over what to call port's reserves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching a few SANFL games this year with the 2's team coming in, I reckon to get full benefit from it, something has to change. The umpiring style of the SANFL is stuck in the 80's.

It's like watching a different game. Holding the ball is a bounce almost every time, deliberate OOB doesn't exist, are a couple that stick out among so many inconsistencies.

I know the main benefit of having our own team in the SANFL is having them all play together, so the players get game plan and positional consistency, ect. but IMO while the umpiring is so different, there is still too much of a change for players going from SANFL to AFL ranks.

I reckon its time the SANFL threw out Shane Harris and his old'n days umpiring style and brought in someone who has a connection to the modern world of umpiring.

Do any of our Victorian based fans go to VFL games? What is the umpiring like over there? Are they stuck in a time warp too?

I suppose you want to get rid of the 25m penalty too :rolleyes:

The Crows chose to enter the SANFL, they need to play by the SANFL's rules.

No one's going to come out of this a winner, unless this is a sign the club is losing patience with Rucci's conduct in recent years.
They did a while ago, it's part of why he can no longer get any info about what's going on..
Been a few little smart twitter comments between them over time..

I suppose you want to get rid of the 25m penalty too :rolleyes:

The Crows chose to enter the SANFL, they need to play by the SANFL's rules.
Yes. I do.

I really think the SANFL isn't the best place for the Crows reserves if they aren't going to evolve with the rest of the football world.

That's why I asked if the VFL has chosen to follow the AFL in regard to the evolved rule interpretations. What about the WAFL? Do they play by the modern day rules?

I suspect it is Shane Harris who is holding back the SANFL evolution. Its not just the players. SANFL umpires (except boundary umpires) are almost extinct in the AFL these days.

Yes. I do.

I really think the SANFL isn't the best place for the Crows reserves if they aren't going to evolve with the rest of the football world.

That's why I asked if the VFL has chosen to follow the AFL in regard to the evolved rule interpretations. What about the WAFL? Do they play by the modern day rules?

I suspect it is Shane Harris who is holding back the SANFL evolution. Its not just the players. SANFL umpires (except boundary umpires) are almost extinct in the AFL these days.

If the Crows don't want to play by the SANFL's rules, they know where the door is. Why should the SANFL change it's rules to suit one club?

Also, when were SA-based (and WA-based for that matter) field umpires ever more than a token 1-2 on the umpiring panel...

If the Crows don't want to play by the SANFL's rules, they know where the door is. Why should the SANFL change it's rules to suit one club?

Also, when were SA-based (and WA-based for that matter) field umpires ever more than a token 1-2 on the umpiring panel...
I'm not the Crows. Just a dude who see's an antiquated system falling further behind the modern world and asked why don't they evolve with the game? It isn't to suit one club its to play the same game we know as Australian Rules football these days. I wonder if the SAAFL plays by modern rules or if they play by SANFL rules?

and they always will be under the current SANFL umpiring panel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back