2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

Kids will be inconsistent. I didn't see the game, caught most of the 2nd half on the radio. They had CEY as our best and mentioned Spina a few times doing good things. I agree to an extent re CEY though, he can definitely burn it trying to do too much.

CEY was holding onto the ball as we didn't have a forward presenting. He wasn't going to kick to no one and he very often didn't have a player free unless he went backwards.

We were playing that stupid zone back into the forward 50 that we week trying yesterday.

That comes back to the stupid game plan they are trying to use. We had a really inexperienced side on the park and they just didn't have the fitness, concentration or ability to stick with it. That may work with an experiences side but not with a very inexperienced and young side.

North Adelaide were far too slick, fast and experienced and simply showed it today.

The forward line was also non existent today as they were stuck across the half back flank and by the time the ball was up that way, we turned it over with poor skills between half back and half forward.

I was quite surprised by some of the terrible skill errors and it wasn't confined to just the top-up players either. They pretty much handed North the game in the first quarter with them.

The best positive I could find for Adelaide was that someone went to the effort to make a decent sized banner for your first game, the second positive is that some of your young guys kept working all day. I really was expecting a better drilled team but it really came across as a bunch of individuals out there.

I was quite surprised by some of the terrible skill errors and it wasn't confined to just the top-up players either. They pretty much handed North the game in the first quarter with them.

The best positive I could find for Adelaide was that someone went to the effort to make a decent sized banner for your first game, the second positive is that some of your young guys kept working all day. I really was expecting a better drilled team but it really came across as a bunch of individuals out there.

True but that's kinda expected with the development list we have.

As long as the league side is playing a particular gameplan, the SANFL side will do the same whether it works for them or not, because they'll be about preparing the rest of the list to be able to drop straight into the league side at short notice and understand the plan and the role from the get go.

In other words you were expecting our reserves to play better than our senior team.:confused:

CEY was holding onto the ball as we didn't have a forward presenting. He wasn't going to kick to no one and he very often didn't have a player free unless he went backwards.

We were playing that stupid zone back into the forward 50 that we week trying yesterday.

I don't agree with your assessment of CEY, but I do respect any crows supporters that were prepared to go out and support their developing players today, and even though I think AFL teams don't belong in the SANFL I sure wasn't going to be giving cr*p to supporters who had nothing to do with it and are actually the most loyal of fans.

I hope you improve, just not against North.

As long as the league side is playing a particular gameplan, the SANFL side will do the same whether it works for them or not, because they'll be about preparing the rest of the list to be able to drop straight into the league side at short notice and understand the plan and the role from the get go.
Interesting to see how s**t the game plan was in this league too. Skill errors were awful.

I don't agree with your assessment of CEY, but I do respect any crows supporters that were prepared to go out and support their developing players today, and even though I think AFL teams don't belong in the SANFL I sure wasn't going to be giving cr*p to supporters who had nothing to do with it and are actually the most loyal of fans.

I hope you improve, just not against North.

I didn't hear anything negative at all. I heard some good jovial fun when a few senior crows did some errant kicks but nothing negative from the fans at all.

NAFC were very respectful.

Well done to the 2 hundred Crows supporters who rocked up today and well done for complaining that North supporters were too loud.
Talked to a couple of Crows officials after the game and they're already regretting the decision, a few including Porplezia struggled to walk after the game as they got hit harder than AFL games.
2 sorts of football supporters in this state, Crow EATERS and those who are un-South Australian.
0-4 now, Enjoy. Reserves football is serving a treat.

Well done to the 2 hundred Crows supporters who rocked up today and well done for complaining that North supporters were too loud.
Talked to a couple of Crows officials after the game and they're already regretting the decision, a few including Porplezia struggled to walk after the game as they got hit harder than AFL games.
2 sorts of football supporters in this state, Crow EATERS and those who are un-South Australian.
In English?

Yes I was surprised how few Afc fans turned up , but I thought in general the Roosters supporters were pretty soft on them , wait and see the different type of treatment they are bound to receive at say Elizabeth or Alberton ovals .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it , half way through the season injuries will really start to take a toll , as they do with everyone , and you don't have a fully fledged ressies or u18's to fall back on.

What??

We'll have more players back by then. We have seven or eight first 18 players out. No wonder both of our teams are a bit s**t.

You should take your mediocre grasp of English somewhere else.

if nothing else good comes from the SANFL side, at least the coaching staff get to see the plan fail twice as often which will hopefully lead to it changing sooner.

How many are you expecting to go to two games a weekend?

You made your cash grab. The SANFL is not a financially viable league, so you should be glad the a Crows have been there to underwrite the nine sides.

Ok Pinocchio

Yes I was surprised how few Afc fans turned up , but I thought in general the Roosters supporters were pretty soft on them , wait and see the different type of treatment they are bound to receive at say Elizabeth or Alberton ovals .
Yes, some don't follow the AFC, but you do know a heap of these SANFL supporters who are going to be so scary to AFC supporters actually follow the AFC too?

To those who went, how was Martin?

He didn't have many touches early but stat wise he stormed home.
I still think he's our best option for the green vest

I honestly don't understand the angst of SANFL fans. North Adelaide had a big win to start the season today...why have a sook about us being in the competition? The alternative is they would've had the bye, how is our presence a bad thing?

And then to come on here and gloat as if we actually give a f- about the result?

Everyone's a winner today, they got their 2 points in their parklands league and our blokes who aren't good enough to get a game got a run. Why can't we all play nice?

To those who went, how was Martin?

He didn't have many touches early but stat wise he stormed home.
I still think he's our best option for the green vest

He was quite good today. Kicked a lovely goal on the run and got his hands on the ball.

However, he is a very good SANFL player - not good enough for the AFL.

He is in the same mould as the Gowan brothers, Symes, et el

I went along today. Some of my thoughts could fit into other threads but here goes.

Official Crows Cheer squad was on hand with a banner for the boys. Then after that, they all sort of dissipated around the Farmer End. There were Crows supporters around the ground, but not in one area together, there was nothing organised for us. There were no banners, or support for the AFC.

This resulted in no noise when the Crows scored & no vocal pressure on the umpires. The very pro North crowd, got the umpires attention all the time.

If this Pride Crows Cheer Squad, want to make a mark, get down to the SANFL games and make some noise.

CEY was the best of the Crows. Kept winning the ball and taking the game on. Deserves a run in the AFL. Atkins had a bit of it early; Brodie Martin showed some good dash at times & kicked a sweet goal. Jake Kelly looked alright.

Porps body language at quarter time break was not good, not looking at the coach, head down. Angus Graham – gets in a good spot, can’t take a grab. That 50 he gave away…just really dumb.

It was the case of the same s**t, different day. Not enough intensity from Osborn or Graham. Most of the the goals coming from mids.

Our skills are awful even for SANFL level. I don’t understand how they can be this bad. North smashed us in smart, precise, footy.

The game plan is an abomination. Watching it from Level 5, Riverbank Stand yesterday and at ground level today, we don’t give our forwards any hope. Loads of sideways handballs at the back the square. At the front of the square, forwards are running between the wings in a pack.

Nobody leads to or from the goal square. Scoring is such a battle, due to the lack of system and desire to apply score board pressure. Attacking players like Cameron don’t have a chance. The Crowbots are back and I don’t understand why.

The current AFC game plan is a morale killer and its showing at both levels. Watching North I wished we played like they did. Smart, intelligent, skilful. It was typical North Adelaide. In fact that used to be typical for us. Their game plan upheld the characteristics of their club beautifully.

That’s what we have lost. The years of defensive football have eroded the attacking spirit we used to have. We’re scared to back an exciting game plan and kick goals. Ditch the handball obsession, and develop a modern version of our 90’s dashing style and reinforce the clubs character. Sadly, I don’t think we have the leaders to do it at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back