The afl app is even worse than it normally is this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

My app froze the scores halfway through the second quarter and didn't update again until the match ended. The AFL site wouldn't load for me either. A+.

We need a friggin campaign!!! Everyone who hates the new app design, Just rate it as 1 star and leave a review on app store! Also tell peope not to buy the live pass either. Only way I can think where Telstra might gave to give it some view.

It's so pathetic. It's pretty clear reading some of the reviews that some are fake reviews where people are giving it 5 stars... fake review farming at its worst!

Screenshot_20170324-074042.png
Its ok guys. If you want stats. Just wait till the next morning after the game. They finally decide to load by then.

Although it takes about 6 hours to look at them because of all the down and side scrolling due to the 85% screen wastage.

This was also happening on Spotsbet and Crownbet apps and websites, not limited to the AFL app.

I couldn't find the radio for a quarter, at the same time the AFL site went down.
On the Sportsmate app too.

Got a feeling that the AFL's online stats feed was playing up across the board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm reasonably tech/app literate and it took me almost 15 minutes to find where the audio streams were last night. Last year when they were listed with the premium video stream it was reasonably intuitive, this year it's nuts.

For anyone else like me who couldn't find them for half an hour, you drag up on the app when you're in the match centre, they are the play button in the middle at the bottom of the screen.

View attachment 349181
Its ok guys. If you want stats. Just wait till the next morning after the game. They finally decide to load by then.

Although it takes about 6 hours to look at them because of all the down and side scrolling due to the 85% screen wastage.

See mine says Richmond 13 on the ipad app
Wont do triple digits

Pretty sure Danny Gorog (the tech guy who joins the SEN Run home program) said his company made the old perfectly well functioning app and were replaced by someone else (a telstra crew, an overseas mob in India or China, who knows).

Probably telstra's call not the AFL's but Gil has to take responsibility when he signs out deals with businesses for the max dollar that they'll still deliver a quality service. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Telstra are stretched thin paying top dollar for the digital rights so have gone and outsourced the app and website to the cheapest possible option and it's just not up to scratch.

They are always trying to complicate everything with zero optimisation. The AFL website is ridiculously bad as well.
Their app last year was actually half decent but now they've added an extra 2 clicks to get game stats...not very user friendly at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back