Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Ruck

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Utility

Votes: 31 26.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh Rabs… but its your opinion.:thumbsu:

I have to say he did some pretty good things in defense last week ( I say defense as that's where he was when I noticed his acts) reading the play and getting either across to intercept mark or just get his hands in the way to deflect and intercept close in possession balls.

He is getting better weekly. Not necessarily by taking a game apart but just in the little things he is doing. Funny what happens when you keep getting games..

As for position, I could see him almost being the first player to rotate between a 3rd defender and a MF rotation. Its usually up forward but with his growing ability it is possible. Not there yet - far from it.

Go Catters

I think it's still too early to tell.

He's shown good sign as a defender and is the right size that we need as a Domsy replacement, so it's tempting to keep grooming him there.

I think it's too early to say he should be a mid without an extended run there but definitely worth trying based on last weeks final quarter. A guy of his size, stamina and hand speed could change the game if it all 'clicks' for him.

has to now be backup ruck unfortunately.

People think Stanley is a first choice ruck, despite getting spanked last week in that role. But as soon as Blicavs came into the middle to help, Stanley looked more capable.

No doubt in my mind he can become a terrific KPD. Hope Simpson can keep on improving and eventually get back into the side again which would then release Blicavs into defence.

I don't think he can really play as a forward and clearly isn't a number 1 ruckman, but he does ok competing at times through the ruck.
Could develop into a solid defender and would have no trouble playing on tall forwards with endurance he also seems to have good reach which helps to spoil.

But if he can develop into a midfielder what an asset he'd be so big and with such great running power he'd be very hard to match up on (although let's not see him on a wing against Hill or other speedy types).
He has very quick hands and his kicking is improving but the help he could provide third man up in ruck contests then a big body in the contest.

I keep wanting him (and others) to develop in the VFL but every couple of games you can see how much he improves. Some people don't like that the AFL is taking athletes and developing them into AFL players but I love it. It's the best game round and good luck to anyone that has the privilege to play it at the highest level.

I will say that in the wake of last weeks game the " Blitz is not a footballer's a-hole" posts seemed eerily absent….

Its only one week - but his momentum is building..

GO Catters

Harsh Rabs… but its your opinion.:thumbsu:

I have to say he did some pretty good things in defense last week ( I say defense as that's where he was when I noticed his acts) reading the play and getting either across to intercept mark or just get his hands in the way to deflect and intercept close in possession balls.

He is getting better weekly. Not necessarily by taking a game apart but just in the little things he is doing. Funny what happens when you keep getting games..

As for position, I could see him almost being the first player to rotate between a 3rd defender and a MF rotation. Its usually up forward but with his growing ability it is possible. Not there yet - far from it.

Go Catters
He's acquitted himself fairly well when he's gone forward, too, daz- can take a solid mark and kick a goal, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say that in the wake of last weeks game the " Blitz is not a footballer's a-hole" posts seemed eerily absent….

Its only one week - but his momentum is building..

GO Catters

I was one of those after the Freo game, and he made me eat my words last week, thought he was very good in defence. See how we go this week.

in a premiership team he would be 22nd man.

but these days we let anyone play, smedts? so his the replacement for lonergan

to my surprise this year he has been better then most, hasnt got much attacking nous to his game thou, just like his above suggested replacement

clearance mid

he cant win hitouts or take contested marks so he is useless as a ruck

defensively he is poor but could be used in emergencies in the backline, his lack of contested marking also makes him a weakish defensive option

he cant be an outside mid cos he is one paced and his skills aren't good enough

if he can improve his work inside then no reason he can't be a hard running clearance midfielder, his size makes it tough for other mids and we know he can run all day

with SJ looking cooked, Bartel injured and Caddy/GHS/Guthrie all ordinary clearance players I'd have Blicavs at stoppages most game

I genuinely don't know where his best position will be. I think he may well be a jack of all trades, master of none... not necessarily good enough to play full time in one particular role but good enough to pinch hit really effectively anywhere

So I guess that means a utility really :D

The one where he doesn't have to kick or make decisions. Seems to be an alright mark.

a serviceable second ruck option, can mark and makes position his disposal will improve.

The one where he doesn't have to kick in the back half of the ground.
I remember the lateral kick off right hbf to Guthrie he missed that led to a turnover goal. Was a bad miss no doubt. Not gonna prosecute him for that one miss.

Go Catters

Back