• Forward

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Ruck

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Utility

Votes: 31 26.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm with ya mate it's so annoying, they should be playing him there right now.
At the moment a broken down tow truck is a better option than Lonergan.

We'll find out about CS on Thursday night, and find out about the players themselves on Friday night.
Any ideas on how to sneak a lemon cannon into the stadium? best position for Blicavs might be on all fours. ;)

I love Blitz, but right now his development is being hampered by being asked to play midfield.
He needs to go back to the VFL to learn how to play KPD, he doesn't have the instincts a midfielder needs to be able to run to the right spots at the right time.

If he were to go back all he has to worry about is beating his direct opponent, allow them to take him to the ball just worry about his positioning on that man.

I'm with ya mate it's so annoying, they should be playing him there right now.

I get the sense they're not far off pulling the trigger on that one. To me it was telling that Chris Scott raised the Blicavs-as-a-key-defender idea without any prompting whatsoever during his Footy Classified interview. It does seem to be an idea the coaching staff are seriously considering.

Bartel on The Age's Real Footy Podcast said he thinks Blitz should be made into a defender. Says Scott "missed a trick" in not preparing him for that role once the third man up rule was brought in.

At prese
Bartel on The Age's Real Footy Podcast said he thinks Blitz should be made into a defender. Says Scott "missed a trick" in not preparing him for that role once the third man up rule was brought in.
nt I'd play him as a defensive forward, nick Riewoldt type role

At present we have too many defenders

At prese

He seems suited to that type of role. Is he a good kick at goal ?

Sent via HAL

He seems suited to that type of role. Is he a good kick at goal ?

Sent via HAL
His goalkicking is probably the only thing he's improved this year, I'm pretty confident in his set shots now.

Edit - to add some numbers he's kicked 4.2 this year with a record of 23.25 for his career before season 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the sense they're not far off pulling the trigger on that one. To me it was telling that Chris Scott raised the Blicavs-as-a-key-defender idea without any prompting whatsoever during his Footy Classified interview. It does seem to be an idea the coaching staff are seriously considering.
He played a couple of games there at the start of one season (2014?) before being shifted. Think part of the coaching staff have always wanted him as a KPD.

At prese

Beat me to it.

I'd sit him down in a room and make him watch Nick Riewoldt highlights.

They have a very similar build / key attributes.

We have plenty of tall backs & run with midfielders, what we lack is a CHF...

The worst thing is he won the Carji, what does that say about the rest of our list.

It says that there were a lot of underperformers/injured players in 2015 and we know that the coaches are overly enamored with Blicavs. He was getting votes on the basis of how well he was doing relative to his background and experience with the game as opposed to overall contribution. It was more of a 'pat on the back for trying hard' Carji than anything. I think we need to forget about that accolade when judging him, especially given it was handed to him by the same coaching staff who continue selecting him despite persistently deplorable form.

He has one outstanding attribute, does he use it? Does the game plan allow him to use it?

He needs to run ALL game and be used as a link player. Mahlepi mentioned Riewoldt.... he needs to be a early days Riewoldt, not the Riewoldt of today. Start deep in the forward line and then run to the wings, then across the centre to the other wing, and keep running into space.

As early Riewoldt, defenders can't keep up and they need to switch off him. Now there is a interchange limit they are going to be limited in their ability to get off the ground. So when a defender is switched off Blicavs then the new opponent of the exhausted defender needs to run him around again....and thus we have a forward that is probably going to be free.

Everytime our defenders have the ball Blicavs needs to run to space across the centre/half forward line and the defenders need to look for him. Our running defenders and midfielders need to then sprint to the spot he gets the ball to take a handpass to then run it into our attack.

He needs to be the pivot that turns defence into attack.

He has one outstanding attribute, does he use it? Does the game plan allow him to use it?

He needs to run ALL game and be used as a link player. Mahlepi mentioned Riewoldt.... he needs to be a early days Riewoldt, not the Riewoldt of today. Start deep in the forward line and then run to the wings, then across the centre to the other wing, and keep running into space.

As early Riewoldt, defenders can't keep up and they need to switch off him. Now there is a interchange limit they are going to be limited in their ability to get off the ground. So when a defender is switched off Blicavs then the new opponent of the exhausted defender needs to run him around again....and thus we have a forward that is probably going to be free.

Everytime our defenders have the ball Blicavs needs to run to space across the centre/half forward line and the defenders need to look for him. Our running defenders and midfielders need to then sprint to the spot he gets the ball to take a handpass to then run it into our attack.

He needs to be the pivot that turns defence into attack.
Agree. It's the only place that can utilise he's advantage. Despite being short a key forward for years we've never tried him there.

It says that there were a lot of underperformers/injured players in 2015 and we know that the coaches are overly enamored with Blicavs. He was getting votes on the basis of how well he was doing relative to his background and experience with the game as opposed to overall contribution. It was more of a 'pat on the back for trying hard' Carji than anything. I think we need to forget about that accolade when judging him, especially given it was handed to him by the same coaching staff who continue selecting him despite persistently deplorable form.
The 2015 best and fairest awards really should be wiped from the records. Blicavs gets an award for effort rather than contribution and SJ gets handed the coaches award and then gets dumped from the club for apparently not following coaches instructions on the field.

The 2015 best and fairest awards really should be wiped from the records. Blicavs gets an award for effort rather than contribution and SJ gets handed the coaches award and then gets dumped from the club for apparently not following coaches instructions on the field.
He shouldn't be in the side right now. But stop making crap up. This is getting ridiculous.

Did you make this up or do you have a link?

Back