Roast The booing of Monfries

Remove this Banner Ad

It was very isolated. From what I heard it was around Aisle 10 to about 1 (Lloyd end) which was right above me, a bit on the opposite flank but that's it

Was poor form, considering he was such a good servant and stuck up for Jobe last week. Sadly, knew the boos were going to come for him.

Don't know what it sounded like at the game but it was very obvious on the broadcast, got louder as the game went on also

That can be directly of where the microphones are.

It's nothing in comparison to what McPhee copped.

And like I said, level 2 on the outer wing / flank, there was nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I was hurling abuse, especially when he ran 35 meters to exert himself on a push and shove. It was the toughest thing that monfries done at etihad. Ever.

Stunned when people booed him. Seriously, what the *?

This guy regularly tore Carlton a new one everytime we played, for that I'm forever grateful to Gus. The guy still loves his mates down at EFC

Was poor form, considering he was such a good servant and stuck up for Jobe last week. Sadly, knew the boos were going to come for him.

You ever think that he publicly supported Jobe on the social media platform around to attempt to avoid the same fate, knowing what was coming his way this week.

Let's be honest, at best he was an average player for us, the majority of essendon fans were disappointed with his performance when he was at the club, so their opinion of him wasn't going to improve having left the club.

I don't find the booing of Watson or monfries surprising. What I do find surprising is the amount of people that are surprised by it. In media with negative attention (ie. Milne, Hall, Fevola, Watson) = boo from crowd, same goes for first game against old club and potentially every game against old club.

Or maybe he actually got into good positions where we didn't man him up and took advantage? He was great today, we of all clubs should've been aware of what he can do.

1 rushed behind rule 1 play had clearly stopped and pears basically gave him the ball will give him credit for the other ones

Or maybe he actually got into good positions where we didn't man him up and took advantage? He was great today, we of all clubs should've been aware of what he can do.

His first 2 goals were cheap, don't really know how anyone could argue against that. His other 2 were earned through good play and superior positioning & smarts, I'll give him that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You ever think that he publicly supported Jobe on the social media platform around to attempt to avoid the same fate, knowing what was coming his way this week.

Let's be honest, at best he was an average player for us, the majority of essendon fans were disappointed with his performance when he was at the club, so their opinion of him wasn't going to improve having left the club.

I don't find the booing of Watson or monfries surprising. What I do find surprising is the amount of people that are surprised by it. In media with negative attention (ie. Milne, Hall, Fevola, Watson) = boo from crowd, same goes for first game against old club and potentially every game against old club.
He has mates at the club, it's cynical beyond belief to think his defense of Jobe was a way to get on our good side. He left the club on good terms and is doing well, he didn't deserve the abuse he copped.

Why are we making such a big deal and apologising for a few peanut supporters. We have them, 18 AFL clubs have them. Watson will be boo'd until the investigation and findings are delivered.

I don't care if people want to look stupid by participating, because only those equally as stupid will tar us all with that brush.

If 40,800 people booed him, the sound would have been 100x louder than it was.

The birthmark thing was really weird. It looked like he was saying something like "what's going on there?" indicating around his chin, but they were teammates last year. Strange. The booing was pretty rank, I winced when i heard it. Was loud down on level one where there are a few more colourful folk. My mate couldn't hear it up on level two where the more civilised chaps were. Makes sense. Was still ****ed and I didn't like it.

Oh, jeez. :rolleyes:

Man up, seriously. Almost an unwritten law that someone's going to get booed for leaving a club without getting turfed. Bit different from the Watson scenario, I'd say.

This is the pantomime that Gerard Whateley spoke of next week, not the crap that happened at Subiaco. I'm more than happy to celebrate Monfries' time as an Essendon player when he's stopped playing altogether, but he's just another opposition player until then. Chiding your fellow supporters for giving him a bit of lip, especially when he thought it was fair game to be a smart-arse himself, is more than a little sanctimonious.

Honestly didn't even notice and who cares it's a man sports stop being so pedantic! Supporters can boo who they want it just makes it all the more sweet when we win! He's not one of us now so f... Him

Where I was sitting I could barely hear it. The Baugley incident was super odd, had a smile on my face when Angus played on and missed.

Booing former players is part and parcel of the game....whether they leave on great terms or not, whether they played 100+ games at a good level or not. Its just ironical booing. Who cares.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back