Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Justice Lee - "Mr Lehrmann raped Ms Higgins."

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Last edited:
Author and columnist Peter FitzSimons has asked the Federal Court to order Bruce Lehrmann to pay his costs of producing documents during the former Liberal staffer’s high-stakes defamation case against Network Ten and Lisa Wilkinson.

The application, filed on March 14 and released by the court on Tuesday, will be determined at the same time as Justice Michael Lee deals with the legal costs of the proceedings generally.
This saga becomes more laughable by the day

Author and columnist Peter FitzSimons has asked the Federal Court to order Bruce Lehrmann to pay his costs of producing documents during the former Liberal staffer’s high-stakes defamation case against Network Ten and Lisa Wilkinson.

The application, filed on March 14 and released by the court on Tuesday, will be determined at the same time as Justice Michael Lee deals with the legal costs of the proceedings generally.

The 20 minute phone call will magically have left him $27,000 out of pocket but the invoice will have disappeared.

I’ve always said that my ‘ideal’ is Lehrmann getting a peppercorn figure from 10 / Wilkinson for shoddy journalism on the rubbish obstruction of justice claims.

Now my new ‘ideal’ is that exact scenario, only with Bruce paying his $1 ‘winnings’ to Pete FitzSimons for his “document production costs”.

Looks like Bruce and his coke habit would have been better suited to a career in the AFL.

Meanwhile, the inevitable new defamation case (Thai massages) from the claims and counter claims between Lehrmann and Auerbach, has reached first base, with Lehrmann on the defendant side of this.

'Bruce Lehrmann hit with legal threat from ex-Seven producer over masseuse denial

March 28, 2024 — 11.55am

Bruce Lehrmann’s denial about his involvement in a drunken night at the apartment of a former Channel Seven producer with two Thai masseuses has sparked a defamation threat against the former Liberal staffer.

On Wednesday, Taylor Auerbach, 32, a former producer on Seven’s Spotlight program, sent a concerns notice, the first step in defamation proceedings, to Lehrmann, 28.

Auerbach is claiming that he has been defamed by Lehrmann, who issued a press release effectively calling the former producer a liar after stories about the night in question emerged last week.
Lehrmann issued a statement saying that he was in Sydney with the staffer on the night but he denied using the services of the Thai women.

“It’s an untrue and bizarre story from a disgruntled ex-Network Seven producer,” Lehrmann told News Corp. “Network Seven [has] only ever covered reasonable travel for filming and accommodation.”

Auerbach’s solicitor Rebekah Giles said in the concerns notice: “We are instructed these comments are false.

“The press statement is likely to devastate Mr Auerbach’s professional reputation,” Giles said.

She said that Lehrmann’s press statement conveyed a defamatory imputation that “Taylor Auerbach lied to the press about Bruce Lehrmann being bought a massage by a Seven Network employee”.

She also stated that on March 22, 2024, the day after Lehrmann’s public denials, Sky News Australia terminated Auerbach’s employment as an investigations producer.
...'

Lehrmann issued a statement saying that he was in Sydney with the staffer on the night but he denied using the services of the Thai women.

Hahahaha.

'They turned right and I turned left and I never saw them again'.

Surely the 2 Thai masseuses realise that they are in for a massive payday if they go to Channel 10 and offer to tell their story of what really happened that night.

Last edited:
Surely the 2 Thai masseuses realise that they are in for a massive payday if they go to Channel 10 and offer to tell their story of what really happened that night.
Maybe an illicit drug component (if any) of the alleged massages, made up 90% of what was paid to the masseuses or who they were working for.

I speculate that there was maybe lots of watching and no touching.
Possibly a male and a female supplied.
Basically a private sex show?

Maybe an illicit drug component (if any) of the alleged massages, made up 90% of what was paid to the masseuses or who they were working for.

I speculate that there was maybe lots of watching and no touching.
Possibly a male and a female supplied.
Basically a private sex show?
Speaking from experience?

I can tell you that brothels are normally very keen to protect their reputation. I used to work for a charge card company and often individuals who would refuse to pay for brothel charges. Once they got taken to court and the brothel owner had described in very specific detail what services were provided the debtor would normally pay up smartish.
If this does go to court then Lehmann better get his story straight or this could backfire big time on him. His reputation is pretty trashed already.

If this does go to court then Lehmann better get his story straight or this could backfire big time on him. His reputation is pretty trashed already.
I speculate that the alleged defamed's ex Spotlight employer will intervene in some way that will keep this away from the Courts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Bruce and his coke habit would have been better suited to a career in the AFL.

"The Daily Mail reported last month that the astonishing photo where Bruce Lehrmann appears to snort a white substance off his dinner table was being hawked to media companies for money.

However, Mr Lehrmann revealed the image was taken as a joke and actually shows Mr Lehrmann pretending to snort plain flour.

Mr Lehrmann then supplied another photo himself to prove it was a joke.

“Very clearly this is a joke at the last few days of amateur reporting,” he said.

“This has been an inappropriate invasion of my private life and a violation of my privacy.

“Any direct or indirect insinuation that something nefarious was happening is grossly defamatory.”

1711866934308.png

And Monopoly money, if I'm not mistaken.....

"The Daily Mail reported last month that the astonishing photo where Bruce Lehrmann appears to snort a white substance off his dinner table was being hawked to media companies for money.

However, Mr Lehrmann revealed the image was taken as a joke and actually shows Mr Lehrmann pretending to snort plain flour.

“Very clearly this is a joke at the last few days of amateur reporting,” he said.

“This has been an inappropriate invasion of my private life and a violation of my privacy.

“Any direct or indirect insinuation that something nefarious was happening is grossly defamatory.”

View attachment 1945411

So he stages a photo and then pretends it's an invasion of privacy?

View attachment 1945411

Well played! 😁😂

More specific details in the below article, where Lehrmann has allegedly been caught out lying yet again.

And claims that Auerbach's legal action against Lehrmann might not be the only legal action he takes.

'Ten seeks to reopen Bruce Lehrmann defamation case after ex-Seven producer Taylor Auerbach’s evidence'

'By STEPHEN RICE'
'6:23PM MARCH 31, 2024
It is understood Ten has been given new evidence about how the Seven Network’s Spotlight program came into possession of material it used in its interview with Mr Lehrmann, including recordings of a five-hour pre-interview meeting between Lisa Wilkinson, her producer Angus Llewellyn, Brittany Higgins and her partner David Sharaz.

Mr Lehrmann has long denied that he was the source of the recordings, and of vision of Ms Higgins and Mr Lehrmann inside Parliament House which was used on the program.

However it is believed that affidavits have been provided to Ten by Mr Auerbach, who left the Spotlight program last year, claiming that the source of the information was from Mr Lehrmann.

Mr Lehrmann was provided with evidence obtained by police during their investigation of the rape allegations against him by Ms Higgins, but such evidence is provided on the understanding that it is not to be used beyond the scope of the criminal trial.
It’s also understood Auerbach is considering legal action against other parties relating to reporting of his alleged interactions with Lehrmann.
...'

Meanwhile, the inevitable new defamation case (Thai massages) from the claims and counter claims between Lehrmann and Auerbach, has reached first base, with Lehrmann on the defendant side of this.

'Bruce Lehrmann hit with legal threat from ex-Seven producer over masseuse denial

March 28, 2024 — 11.55am

Bruce Lehrmann’s denial about his involvement in a drunken night at the apartment of a former Channel Seven producer with two Thai masseuses has sparked a defamation threat against the former Liberal staffer.

On Wednesday, Taylor Auerbach, 32, a former producer on Seven’s Spotlight program, sent a concerns notice, the first step in defamation proceedings, to Lehrmann, 28.

Auerbach is claiming that he has been defamed by Lehrmann, who issued a press release effectively calling the former producer a liar after stories about the night in question emerged last week.

“It’s an untrue and bizarre story from a disgruntled ex-Network Seven producer,” Lehrmann told News Corp. “Network Seven [has] only ever covered reasonable travel for filming and accommodation.”

Auerbach’s solicitor Rebekah Giles said in the concerns notice: “We are instructed these comments are false.

“The press statement is likely to devastate Mr Auerbach’s professional reputation,” Giles said.

She said that Lehrmann’s press statement conveyed a defamatory imputation that “Taylor Auerbach lied to the press about Bruce Lehrmann being bought a massage by a Seven Network employee”.

She also stated that on March 22, 2024, the day after Lehrmann’s public denials, Sky News Australia terminated Auerbach’s employment as an investigations producer.
...'

I couldn't download the full article, as it's behind a paywall. Here is the same story on news.com

What a twisted tale!

It seems Taylor Auerbach is a former game show contestant, winning $50k on Millionaire Hotseat. He also competed in Come Dine With Me, where he came 3rd out of 5 contestants. Goodness knows how you jump from that to TV producer?

Anyhoo, more drama!!

THIS POST IS EMBARGOE'D UNTIL 00:01AM AEST 01/04/2024

In a surprise twist, Bruce Lehrmann has legally changed his surname to LEE.

To compliment this name change, a legal request has been issued to all media and social media requiring (in the next 24 hours) any references to his previous name to be changed to his new name, including all historical posts, comments and articles.

When asked for comment on this change, all Bruce had to say was

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."
and that having successfully lit some fires, he was now going to "blow some wind" to try and put out the fires.

THIS POST IS EMBARGOE'D UNTIL 00:01AM AEST 01/04/2024

In a surprise twist, Bruce Lehrmann has legally changed his surname to LEE.

To compliment this name change, a legal request has been issued to all media and social media requiring (in the next 24 hours) any references to his previous name to be changed to his new name, including all historical posts, comments and articles.

When asked for comment on this change, all Bruce had to say was

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times."
and that having successfully lit some fires, he was now going to "blow some wind" to try and put out the fires.
1711888328839.gif

Last edited:
Is there a scoreboard somewhere listing all the legal action that fateful night in parliament house has generated?
I assume that you're interested in the civil legal actions?

The criminal proceedings up until Drumgold dropped the case are well-documented in the Timeline that Kurve set up:

We may need a sequel for civil proceedings, government payouts and Boards of Inquiry.

What stands out to me in this whole shitshow, is the unbelievably low amount of "legal action" prior to a Sharaz-encouraged Higgins going to Maiden and The Project:

Monday, April 1 2019
  • Ms Higgins meets with the Australian Federal Police (AFP) unit at Parliament House.
Monday, April 8
* Ms Higgins meets with AFP at Belconnen police station.

Saturday, April 13
* Ms Higgins tells police she won't continue with her complaint, citing her current workplace demands.

Tuesday, February 2 2021
* Ms Higgins records an interview with Lisa Wilkinson for The Project.

Thursday, February 4
* Ms Higgins contacts the AFP to reopen her police complaint.
Fairly close to 2 years and the amount of "legal action" was 5 days in earnest and generally on the AFP's radar for 11 days. Not remotely enough time to do anything.

For reference:

Thursday, February 4 2021
* Ms Higgins contacts the AFP to reopen her police complaint.

Saturday, February 6
* Ms Higgins has a preliminary meeting with AFP's Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Team. She alerts police she has taken part in an interview with a journalist and is advised media coverage may jeopardise an investigation and subsequent prosecution.

Wednesday, February 24
* Ms Higgins undertakes her first evidence-in-chief interview with AFP officers.
It took 20 days to get to a full interview on the second contact with the AFP, which was only done after The Project interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back