Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its fine. Patience. Its cool that we are being coached by a bloke that was a running punchline in Tasmanian football before he somehow got kissed on the &*&^ and got a gig at Hawthorn. Nothing to see here. Patience. We will emulate Geelong and Richmond - she'll be right - its all great. Stay the course. Keep Bolton - he's great.
Post content polar opposite of username

Our culture of excellence, commitment, discipline and ruthlessness on and off the field really shining through now.

Players have lost interest - going out getting pissed two days before a game says it all. They couldn't care less the older guys, just collecting a paycheck.
No respect for the club, the coach, the fans, nobody. it shows on field. I was hoping this rebuild would turn the culture of the club around but all it seems to be doing is bringing these issues to the fore even more.

Which are:

- poor habits on field
- poor habits off field
- no confidence as a club at all - which includes players. I was sitting at the Collingwood game and knew when we were in front we would lose. Sat at home watching the Hawthorn game, when Hawks came, knew we'd lose. Sat at the Sydney game and knew we'd lose that too! deep down that permeates through the whole club, players and all. The feeling is so overwhelming its easy to see why we fail. I'd question anyone to sit here and tell me that you all didn't feel the same in those moments... I know you all did!

we have a history now of turning talented players into ones that literally don't give 10 hoots due to the above which is so cultural and embedded in the club that one wonders if it will ever turn. Bring back Ron Barrassi!

Had a look at my Local team Heathcote Saints on Saturday, the opposition Whitehills had a player named Jed Lamb who kicked 8.

Nearly sacked for disciplinary issues before first game.

As for Daisy.... what a d--k head. Fairdinkum!! He had actually won me over this year and last, particularly after his selfless act re. his contract.
But I had quite a few years of serious mental conflict after Malthouse bought his mate across on whopping dollars and we lose Eddie Betts ( same wage I remember $700,000.) at time. To say nothing of Waite. (another chapter in the systematic raping of our club by Malthouse).
I still remember the press conference and Malthouse said we were getting an A grade on baller. Never went near the middle and still hasn't??
Never been near an A grader at Carlton either.

Sorry but he has lost me again, such a bad example to our young list and has completely undermined his leadership credibility.
Saw Bob Murphy say he should never play again. He might be right.

Last edited:
Turning up to games when you’re 3 wins in about 2 years and still thinking you can win every one of them.. Blind faith, eternal optimism, maybe even a bit of brain damage, but we’ll be there again Sunday and believing we can win. If nothing else, we get that moment of pleasure of simply seeing our team run out onto the ground wearing that magnificent jumper of ours. Go Blues!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Although I / we / club do not condone what Daisy did and his suspension was justified and absolutely the right decision by the club leaders, he is going through some issues off field atm. Wont elaborate, and its not an excuse, just putting it out there for those of you on the personal attack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What fills u with confidence about them?

The things i mentioned in my post.

Obviously this is just from an outsider looking in perspective, but key positions seem to have good people in them now. Most new additions.

CEO - Liddle. Too new to judge but done well on the commercial side of things imo given our on-field results so far.
Footy Director - Judd. Don't know enough about what he does but seems a smart and capable guy who knows his footy. Been in elite environments before at WC, helped get us Brad Lloyd.
Footy Boss - Lloyd. New to the club and his first notable action was convincing Russell to break his contract and join us.
Director of High Performance - Russell. Respected as one of the best in the business with extensive experience and has had success at every club he's been at. Our injuries aren't as bad as last year and i think we'll improve a lot with another pre-season under him.
List Boss - Silvagni. Hasn't got everything right, but done a great job given the list he inherited. We can thank him for having McKay, Curnow and Cunners on our list due to his smart trading and drafting. Players he's brought in will look better under a better coaching group.
Captain - Cripps & Docherty. IMO two of the best captains a team could want in the league.

The head coach and assistants is the last big piece of the puzzle and i'm confident Judd/Liddle/Lloyd will give us every chance to find the right people.

They would appear to be big improvements on the guys before them like Trigg, Hughes, McKay and Crowe(?)

Obviously this is just from an outsider looking in perspective, but key positions seem to have good people in them now. Most new additions.

CEO - Liddle. Too new to judge but done well on the commercial side of things imo given our on-field results so far.
Footy Director - Judd. Don't know enough about what he does but seems a smart and capable guy who knows his footy. Been in elite environments before at WC, helped get us Brad Lloyd.
Footy Boss - Lloyd. New to the club and his first notable action was convincing Russell to break his contract and join us.
Director of High Performance - Russell. Respected as one of the best in the business with extensive experience and has had success at every club he's been at. Our injuries aren't as bad as last year and i think we'll improve a lot with another pre-season under him.
List Boss - Silvagni. Hasn't got everything right, but done a great job given the list he inherited. We can thank him for having McKay, Curnow and Cunners on our list due to his smart trading and drafting. Players he's brought in will look better under a better coaching group.
Captain - Cripps & Docherty. IMO two of the best captains a team could want in the league.

The head coach and assistants is the last big piece of the puzzle and i'm confident Judd/Liddle/Lloyd will give us every chance to find the right people.

They would appear to be big improvements on the guys before them like Trigg, Hughes, McKay and Crowe(?)
Good post.

yeh nah
no offence but that's all wishful thinking

Judd hated meetings as Captain

I don't think I remember him saying anything great

and he adds not much to the dour culture we have

remember when they all went to meet rockliffe?

Chris Judd might be ok at school and IT but football is a very different beast!
Lloyd did nothing remarkable at Freo
Liddle has never been a CEO before!
they all have an opportunity to prove themselves but you can hardly say with what we know that they make you feel CONFIDENT!

My word Cain Liddell is an outstanding public speaker but our president leaves a lot to be desired, he bumbles through sentences and lacks any sort of presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back