The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. I honestly cant see why people would want Pyke to continue. I have nothing against Pyke other than I feel he is harming our club. He is one part of a major problem which could be fixed by removing Chapman, Burton, Riccuito. Roo talks a big game but he has been the chief architect of our problems along with Chapman. One of their biggest errors was hiring Pyke. Not that he was a bad coach but he just wasn't the right man for our club. Their other major mistake was hiring Burton. Riccuito backed by Chapman has history in looking after his ex team mates and giving aging player's contracts they didn't deserve. No wonder younger players left. They forced their hands by their mismanagement of our list. I guarantee if these men arent removed nothing at our club will change.

I don't think Pyke is the major problem - but I think the trust and relationship between the coaching/ops panel and the players is irreparably broken.

On that basis, he has to go. The only tiny proviso there is that if Pyke actually hates Burton as well, and the blame for the stupid actions can be attributed primarily to Burton, and not Pyke. If that is the case, maybe Pyke gets a reprieve... but it is a pretty big IF.

I also agree that our players might be soft, but, in this case, I do not think it is fair to criticise them. Our Club is a ******* rabble, and the way we've treated our players over the last 18 months is a disgrace.

Saying nothing, no emotion. Same monotone voice, don't worry folks we can still make it. Just have to beat the dogs!

Can't wait for the results of a Burton and Fagan lead internal review. FMD, just gets worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke referred to the baby boomers as a generation of realists. That's some class A delusion right there. I know plenty of boomers. Half of them don't even believe in climate change.

I only heard a little bit re the review:

“We always review and we bring in external consultants, so I’ll talk to Andrew and Brett what shape that takes”

So that doesn’t sound like a full blown external review but that’s not a discussion for those 3 who would only be covering their arses, this has to be a board demanded review

Just try harder.

Great strategy.
When you have no ideas on what to do next that's all you can do. We don't exactly have a box full of great thinkers. Mattner and Godden probably get no input given they're rookies, Hart is awful, Campo being a "strategy" coach is a deadset joke and Pyke can't decide what he wants us to be anymore.

Nice article from Tredrea - even Chapman and Fagan copped a little whack.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/7886b5338eb99157820d152af8981b3a

"Supporters want finals series’ appearances and premierships; they couldn’t care less about making financial budgets and hitting KPIs. In their eyes, if you have a top-class football program, the rest takes care of itself.

Unfortunately for Adelaide, that’s a thing of the past."

Why do people post links to articles that are blocked and not just copy/paste the blocked content.

As in the way it was read?
The way it was written or let me guess... stuck up for Rosemary

Supporters like Rosemary are there to remind us how change is impossible at the AFC. They are clueless.

You have to remember a huge chunk of the AFC supporterbase are Glenelg, South, West, Sturt, North supporters who have spent a lifetime living with mediocrity from their club.

Ben Hart;

"We'll have a review, whether that is internal or external, I'm not sure... but we always constantly reviews ourselves."

Rowey called that out as bulls**t, good on him.

I actually can't stand listening to the BS that these w***ers spew anymore. Everytime I hear them/see them I change the channel. That includes anything that comes out of Walkers mouth. How dare he question his teammates when he himself constantly wimps out of contests.

Ben Hart;

"We'll have a review, whether that is internal or external, I'm not sure... but we always constantly reviews ourselves."

Rowey called that out as bulls**t, good on him.

Like us you can tell Rowe wants to unload on the club but knows if he criticizes the Adelaide SA machine to much it will be the end of his career. It wouldn't surprise me if he is on this board venting his frustration anonymously.

Pyke referred to the baby boomers as a generation of realists. That's some class A delusion right there. I know plenty of boomers. Half of them don't even believe in climate change.

What was the context of this quote? Because the baby boomers kind of ****ed a lot of stuff up for most of the planet.

I only heard a little bit re the review:

“We always review and we bring in external consultants, so I’ll talk to Andrew and Brett what shape that takes”

So that doesn’t sound like a full blown external review but that’s not a discussion for those 3 who would only be covering their arses, this has to be a board demanded review

This is a very excellent point.

Whether we have a review or not must decided at Board level - as everybody should be in the view of the review (ie, Fagan); ideally, the Board itself as well.

The biggest problem is that the players haven’t tried in a lot of games. How do we address that?
I’m not in the sack Pyke club or am desperate to keep him either.

Game plans don’t work without effort, skills and a steeled determination. Pyke has it working well in 2017 but now it’s not.

We will see if the club actually do an external review and actually act on it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm afraid that even were that true it wouldnt really form a defence.

I mean, what's the suggestion? That we have a coach who's players repeatedly quit on him but who either hasnt been able to identify it, or keeps picking them in a deluded belief they won't do so again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back