Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

2015-16 was a fruitful year at Hawthorn for father-son qualifiers with Schoenmakers, Bruest, Suckling, Stratton, Shiels, Smith and Puopolo all crossing the magical 100 games mark for the club.

Next cabs off the father-son rank are: Brendan Whitecross 97 games and Taylor Duryea 86 games.

There is a bit of a dearth after that with next 2 being: Ben McEvoy on 55, Jonathon Ceglar on 50 and Will Langford on 46
In 20-25 years we might have quite a few F/S to qualify for Hawthorn.

Article on the AFL website by Callum Twomey about club's upcoming father-son potentials.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-09/jackson-edwards-headlines-2017-fatherson-crop

Unless I missed him I see no mention of Langford.v3. There is however mention of Derm's son Devlin Brereton.

So maybe one of our posters in the know might be able to shed some light. Maybe this is just an oversight by Twomey and not a reflection of player ability.

Article on the AFL website by Callum Twomey about club's upcoming father-son potentials.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-09/jackson-edwards-headlines-2017-fatherson-crop

Unless I missed him I see no mention of Langford.v3. There is however mention of Derm's son Devlin Brereton.

So maybe one of our posters in the know might be able to shed some light. Maybe this is just an oversight by Twomey and not a reflection of player ability.
James is draft eligible, his just been playing school footy. He will however be playing with oakleigh this year.
Finn maginess is also eligible and I know there are big wraps on him internally at the club.

James is draft eligible, his just been playing school footy. He will however be playing with oakleigh this year.
Finn maginess is also eligible and I know there are big wraps on him internally at the club.
Ash Browne, if you read this please sssshhhhh.

Thanks for the info. Do you know where Finn will be playing his footy this year?

Also, did you mean eligible this year, or just F/S eligible for HFC? From what i can see he was playing U15 last year. Not sure if that's right though.

Met a kid who knows Nate Dear (son of Greg?). In year 8 at a great footballing school and said he is easily
the best player there. l suppose we have to be patient with this one.

Been told Wright is not sure about him yet. Looks like he's not a standout atm.

Has not been mentioned in any early phantom drafts and their has been no talk of him being a decent prospect apart from on these boards.

I would suggest unless he has an outstanding year he will be lucky to get rookied the same way as Lachie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizzare. I thought all the wraps had been very high on him? Got lazy? Didn't progress? Or maybe just needs a break out yet.

Ironic really given Will probably has to have a massive year also to stay on the list.

If they both have great years they could be playing together next year. Alternatively it seems if both have less then average years neither will be on our list next year.

Ironic really given Will probably has to have a massive year also to stay on the list.

If they both have great years they could be playing together next year. Alternatively it seems if both have less then average years neither will be on our list next year.

Will is contracted to 2019 I think. He is around for a while yet.

Bizzare. I thought all the wraps had been very high on him? Got lazy? Didn't progress? Or maybe just needs a break out yet.

He's been playing school footy and school players don't get noticed as much as TAC cup players. Look at Ollie Hanrahan this year, he played school footy and nobody knew anything about him but we took him as a rookie. I have been told James was a good player at school level but how that translates in the grand scheme of things who knows but what I have seen of him he looks like a jet. Time will tell.

Thanks for the info. Do you know where Finn will be playing his footy this year?

Also, did you mean eligible this year, or just F/S eligible for HFC? From what i can see he was playing U15 last year. Not sure if that's right though.

I think he is in year 10 at Scotch, a mates kid played against him last year, apparently very good midfielder, also a pretty good middle distance runner in Athletics as well. If he is good you would expect he would be playing 1st football in the APS comp this year. Still would be under 16 in year 10 so maybe not TAC Cup yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back