The fight for 8th

Remove this Banner Ad

North seem to have the wood on us 'when it matters'

I don't think the past has much influence on the present, just going to come down to plays better on the day, there isn't a massive difference in top 8 teams.

Maybe the top 2 is cemented but from 3 down it's certainly still up for grabs. Port has a game in hand so you could argue they're equal 7th, 5th to 10th is only separated by percentage. 3rd and 4th are only 1 game ahead of 5th to 10th. Ade and gws are still in the conversation, they're still good enough to tip someone out of the 8.

The 8 is far from confirmed IMV.

Considering WC have a worst percentage than Tigers and Melbourne and are playing the Swans away next, then their next away is Crows, then Pies at G 2 weeks after. I can see WC losing all 3 of those. I don't think the top 2 is cemented at all.

Considering WC have a worst percentage than Tigers and Melbourne and are playing the Swans away next, then their next away is Crows, then Pies at G 2 weeks after. I can see WC losing all 3 of those. I don't think the top 2 is cemented at all.

On current form, I'd argue you win the crows and pies and a sneaky at the scg. In fact wouldn't be surprised if wc go in as favourites in all 3.

Also take into account wc are a game clear and rich a game clear of melb. Form would have to drop off dramatically for wc to fall out of the top 2.

We will see, right now I'd be tipping Melbourne- but as I've always said (as with all the top sides), injuries will play a key role. Whoever has the least probably wins.
Not really. Purely venue related.

GWS still a decent chance for top 8
Get past the Suns this week and I expect we will. 6-10 after the bye would most likely do it. 7 gives us 13 1/2 wins which will.
Our NEAFL side has won it's last two games for the first time since 2016. From last weeks squad we have De Boer, Shipley, Buntine, Cumming and Sproule available as depth. Adam Kennedy resumes in the NEAFL this week as well. Dylan Buckley certainly no superstar but I do like his fight if we need him.

Add that depth to Lobb getting match fitness and improving every week, Jezza's toe hampering him less and Patton regaining form and things are looking up.

We have the Tigers at Spotless, Eagles at Optus, Swans at Spotless and Melbourne at the G to come. All are hard but if we lose all 4 we dont deserve to play finals. The rest are winnable.

We've used all our slack and cant afford another slump though.

Haha please... this ain’t the 2015 tigers anymore roo boy. We’d tear you apart.

Yeah nah. Didn't tear us apart when we played a few weeks ago.

Yeah nah. Didn't tear us apart when we played a few weeks ago.
We won not getting out of 2nd gear at a ground we don’t like. Trust me you would crumble at our fortress in front of 90,000 in September. Anyway it’s all semantics as you most likely won’t be there. Nice to dream though hey?

Big week for Adelaide, if they manage to lose then they are a chance to miss the 8 all together. Hard run for them coming up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is Norths run not Geelongs mate
Haha oh yeah that's right, no one is allowed to have an opinion on anything football related unless it's about their own team.

If I was talking about Geelong's run there would be a lot more W's.

On current form, I'd argue you win the crows and pies and a sneaky at the scg. In fact wouldn't be surprised if wc go in as favourites in all 3.

Also take into account wc are a game clear and rich a game clear of melb. Form would have to drop off dramatically for wc to fall out of the top 2.
If we win our home games and can win the Adelaide ones we should be okay. But a long way to go, a lot of footy to be played.

melbourne looks good on paper, getting some exciting gameplay, got the glitz and glammer.........much like adelaide in 2017. Injury now has claimed lever which is one of the more important defensive cog. Will there be a stage freight come september, how will melbourne go against the more whole team defensive lock down nature in the final. How will melbourne fare in an attritional battle. Forward setup certainly look exactly now that watts is gone and this frees up hogan and mcdonald the step up is fantastic. Gawn dominant like dusty for richmond. very interesting indeed to see. could turn out to be a gws, adelaide, geelong type where you will fill up a top 4 spot but at PF will get blown away. i foresee wc sneak in with a win to get into gf but ultimately richmond by 57 as gf is played at mcg, homeground fortress.

Haven't beaten 1 team currently in the 8 only played 3 so far (Hawks, Gws & Cats) for 3 losses.

Looking at their draw it looks likely they might only play each side currently in the 8 once.

Hawks and GWS aren’t in the 8. So what are you banging on about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back