Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe he is in the leadership group. He signed that long term deal and his conditioning looked poor when he came back, was injured 2 years straight. Not only that he refused to play anywhere other than down back.

Brodie Smith, Lachlan Murphy, Wayne Milera, Darcy Fogarty, Riley O’Brien, Mitch Hinge plus Jordan Dawson.

Yep, there is group you would want to go into battle with.

FMD, our playing group surely didn’t pick these lot. Seriously?

Reckon what happened is players picked a different group of players and then the coaches said, no way, this is the group we want.

And this is 100% correct !

Our best Qtr of footy, was the one Crouch was hardly in the midfield .....there's zero doubt Laird has slowed down with age .....but as expected the opposition are treating our midfield as traffic cones

“As expected”, you had us competing for a flag 3 weeks ago. Now you knew our midfield was one paced and lacked damage? Just admit you got it horribly wrong.

“As expected”, you had us competing for a flag 3 weeks ago. Now you knew our midfield was one paced and lacked damage? Just admit you got it horribly wrong.

I think most of us were looking in anticipation for the season however our coaches have tinkered with our game plan and literally screwed it up.

How on earth do you go from the best attacking team to the worst?

Cornes was genuinely making me feel ill after the call, partly because I was nursing a raging hangover this morning as well...

Basically scoffed at anyone who suggested Nicks needed to go as if they were someone that was dragged from an insane asylum. Secondly his comments about 'other teams just having more talnet' was literally the biggest ******* copout ever. Because, it's either true and if it is, the entire recruitment staff need to be sacked now as well because we;ve been in the ******* bottom 8 since 2018 for christs sake or it's not true and Nicks still needs to be sacked.

Gold Coast, Geelong and Fremantle are absolutely sides we should be beating if we want to be taken seriously.

It's not like we've played Collingwood Carlton and Brisbane in the first three weeks

I think Tex is playing injured and shouldn't be. Don't believe he could fall off the cliff to this extent.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Tex couldn't even bend below his knees. Every time the ball was down there he'd fresh air a hack off the ground attempt.

Awful delivery but it begs the question as to why didn't we give him another week or two to get the back right.

Tex couldn't even bend below his knees. Every time the ball was down there he'd fresh air a hack off the ground attempt.

Awful delivery but it begs the question as to why didn't we give him another week or two to get the back right.
Exactly... we effectively played 1 short with Tex clearly hindered.... bringing him back was desperation.

We just love to play injured players... then many say he is struggling for form.

We simply can not let this club spend our first pick on Petty. Just can’t happen. It MUST be spent on a mid, whether an 18 year old or someone like LDU. Simple as that.
We don't do mids.
Not even mid table finishes at this rate.

Sometimes fleeting thoughts enter my mind of internal sabotage going on. Some of what we do, wouldn't be done by Ballet experts running our AFL club. It blows the mind.

Begs the question why he’d put his hand up to play. We’ve been told that the coaches trust the senior players’ understanding of their ability to play. People need to realise that Tex is no less self indulgent than Rory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puck 5 gets elite mids. Blowing it on a small forward should be made illegal by law. Rankine as a small forward is barely worth a late first.

Rankine was the most special talent to come out of the state in a long time, we hadn't seen a prospect like this since Wingard.

2022 was quite open after Wardlaw went. We could have gone Philipou but I have no issue with the club taking Rankine.

That's a bit of a weird pick. He only had 10 hitouts to advantage, and a grand total of 2 score involvements.

And I know it isn't the sum total of a ruckman's game, but Jackson had more disposals in the final quarter than O'Brien had for the entire match.
O’Brien is a symbol of our side.
Can be ok, worst is terrible, ultimately not good enough and time to move on from him.

Begs the question why he’d put his hand up to play. We’ve been told that the coaches trust the senior players’ understanding of their ability to play. People need to realise that Tex is no less self indulgent than Rory.
Now you are throwing dirt even at Walker.....SMH.

Rankine was the most special talent to come out of the state in a long time, we hadn't seen a prospect like this since Wingard.

2022 was quite open after Wardlaw went. We could have gone Philipou but I have no issue with the club taking Rankine.

Getting him not an issue, glad we have him. Paying 5 if he’s not becoming a full time mid is inexcusable.

Our history in this is horrendous.
People a lot of the time put the blame on the senior players for that. The club is incompetent in so many areas and this is yet another one.

The management of Brad Crouch's groin issues and delaying his operation, pissing him off. Management of others. Playing a number of players over the years injured including in finals.

I mentioned a few years ago I knew the advice was for Tex to not play with his foot issues but they pushed ahead and ****ed his foot right up for a few seasons.

His back is stuffed right now (it's like most forget he missed round 1 with it) but they'll push him through. You don't go from playing like a KPF D.Jarman to not being able to move in a couple months. Look at him, he doesn't even want to bend. Not stretching high to mark the ball, sticking one hand up.

Now you are throwing dirt even at Walker.....SMH.

Walker has been amazing the last couple of years and was a great captain. But let’s not forget the club turned to crap under his and Sloane’s leadership. And let’s not forget how average he was the years prior to his year to year extensions. Tex is as much part of our cultural malaise as Sloane. Difference is he performs when uninjured. Whereas Sloane is a straight up liability.

Gold Coast, Geelong and Fremantle are absolutely sides we should be beating if we want to be taken seriously.

It's not like we've played Collingwood Carlton and Brisbane in the first three weeks
Ah, so evidently we don’t want to be taken seriously

Back