Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Since 2017 have we drafted one midfielder who has cemented their position? Our development bar a few has been criminal
Hamish drafted duds

Jones an ok junior mid. But obviously, akin to the fat kid in u/12s who dominates and then fails once everyone else hits puberty I u/13s and onwards.

Hamish hasn't drafted any genuine talent in the first round since.

And hasn't drafted a genuine elite mid since Dangerfield.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was just watching a video about the Demons, and Simon Goodwin quoted Paul Roos speaking about a 'veil of negativity' surrounding the club in its cellar-dwelling days.

That's what it feels like now for the Crows - nothing is going our way, every decent player is out of form, others are just spuds, and we bloody JUST signed up a coach who has shown himself to be useless. It's like buying a car that has a major mechanical failure a week later which will cost more than the value of the car.

I think a lot thought we would have to deal with life after Tex next year.

It doesn't look like he will make through this year.

I'm not even joking but we seriously could see Elliot in and Tex out for a decent period of this year.

Nice little snapshot of what a ******* mess we actually have.
Toby Murray in the mid season draft looking highly likely

F*ck me we are bad. Looks like 2020 levels of bad. Except now we've spent 3 years "rebuilding" and we have nothing. NOTHING! To show for it. Can’t beleive how much we must’ve loved ourselves over the preseason and all the talk of being destined to play finals obviously had us thinking it was a given. Weak a p#ss and I’m embarrassed with the efforts we’ve showed. With our season effectively on the line we had laid 3 tackles in the third quarter with about 2 mins remaining, shows how little we care.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the 3 game quarter score board is

3-9

Crows have literally played just 3 good quarters regardless of the score in 3 games.

1. Last quarter against Gold Coast
2. 3rd quarter against Geelong
3. First quarter against Fremantle.

Our scoring shot tally Opposition
14 20
22 26
14 24
---- -----
50 70

4.10 34 9.15 69
11.11 77 14.12 96
8.6 54 8.12 60
--------- -----------
23.27 165 to 31.39 225

Average score for 55
Average Score against 75

There is seriously nothing good to take away from any of our games. Not one!

I'm completely indifferent to who coaches, it's been fundamentally the same at the Crows for over a decade.

nothing is going to change until the club culture changes from favouring seniority and continuity to favouring talent and punishing poor performances.

I'm completely indifferent to who coaches, it's been fundamentally the same at the Crows for over a decade.

nothing is going to change until the club culture changes from favouring seniority and continuity to favouring talent and punishing poor performances.
We need a hard nut as a coach. Not a nice guy who cares more about your family history and where you came from rather than your ability to play footy

What should we do differently in Rebuild 2?

Everyone knows the First Rebuild doesn't take. So, we botched it. Big deal. Lots of clubs have had multiple goes at it.
Get on the blower to Carlton, maybe they can tell us how to skip the 3rd and 4th rebuild.

Back