Review The good, the bad, the shat - vs Fremantle R3 2024

How many games will we win from our first 10?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How is the coach saying he's got the whole team out of form an excuse anyway?

Getting your players into form for the season is literally your job.
One or two players out of form is the individual player's issue. It happens.

Whole team is the coaching groups fault.

Suggests poor gameplan rather than actual "form".

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think a lot thought we would have to deal with life after Tex next year.

It doesn't look like he will make through this year.

I'm not even joking but we seriously could see Elliot in and Tex out for a decent period of this year.

Nice little snapshot of what a ******* mess we actually have.

Tex will play every game he puts his hand up for. Same with Smith and Sloane, senior players are more important than performance.

I’m 25 and have never seen a flag.

I’m getting to the stage where if you’d offer me the guarantee of one in my lifetime but that was it, I’d probably take it.

Well you might get to see one, I’m 62 and resigned I won’t see another one.

At least when I start to get dementia (my mum has got it so I understand the impacts), I’ll remember 1997/1998 fondly thinking it was yesterday.

******* sad state of affairs.

I think there's a lot more.

Imagine strutting around bragging on a forum about the number of posters you had blocked for voicing criticism of the club, as if constructing the world's stupidest echo chamber of opinions that think one of the worst sporting organisations on the planet is a great success story is meritorious and then turning up all sad face wanting sympathy when you're surprised that the team is a rancid infected ball sack.

Haven't visited or logged in since August last year but had to come in and have a read after the season's start.

- There was massive bathwater drinking and back slapping over the offseason. The Keays goal/behind allowed the club to pretend the rebuild was over - "we should've made finals" - Olsen went full PR politician, came out all tough, everyone felt sorry for us, whilst avoiding what would've been a ten goal Elim smashing against Carlton at the G. They got the credit of making the finals without making the finals.

- Nicks has made everyone feel nice about themselves. He's not a finals coach's ars*hole. His re-signing was as laughable as his 8-man leadership group. He is now blaming players for the results - good luck putting that genie back in the bottle.

- We lost 6 games by less than a goal last year. Rather than keeping with the attack and trying to kick one more goal a game, or focus on two minute drills, we completely overhauled it and went defensive, too quickly. Players have no confidence. That is 100% on the coaches.

- The actual club itself is dysfunctional in a high performance sense. Said it for 20 years. It's summed up by the baffling decisions the administrators make over a long period. For example, John Reid engineered the Kurt Tippett saga that decimated our draft capital and credibility with trading, so we appointed his son as list manager two years later and despite only 3 finals appearances in 12 years, is still the list manager.

That is the Adelaide Football Club. It's a side hobby and wine-and-dine experience for the Board when they're not spending money building pubs, buying MPs or starting law firms.

Anyway, my two cents, I will jog on and maybe check in by August. Cheers.
You aren’t wrong.

Haven't visited or logged in since August last year but had to come in and have a read after the season's start.

- There was massive bathwater drinking and back slapping over the offseason. The Keays goal/behind allowed the club to pretend the rebuild was over - "we should've made finals" - Olsen went full PR politician, came out all tough, everyone felt sorry for us, whilst avoiding what would've been a ten goal Elim smashing against Carlton at the G. They got the credit of making the finals without making the finals.

- Nicks has made everyone feel nice about themselves. He's not a finals coach's ars*hole. His re-signing was as laughable as his 8-man leadership group. He is now blaming players for the results - good luck putting that genie back in the bottle.

- We lost 6 games by less than a goal last year. Rather than keeping with the attack and trying to kick one more goal a game, or focus on two minute drills, we completely overhauled it and went defensive, too quickly. Players have no confidence. That is 100% on the coaches.

- The actual club itself is dysfunctional in a high performance sense. Said it for 20 years. It's summed up by the baffling decisions the administrators make over a long period. For example, John Reid engineered the Kurt Tippett saga that decimated our draft capital and credibility with trading, so we appointed his son as list manager two years later and despite only 3 finals appearances in 12 years, is still the list manager.

That is the Adelaide Football Club. It's a side hobby and wine-and-dine experience for the Board when they're not spending money building pubs, buying MPs or starting law firms.

Proof that we should all post quality over quantity. Great post.

Ask yourself why some of our very best ball users are suddenly using it terribly. Jordan Dawson can’t hit the side of a barn door at the moment. We’ve gone from being one of the most efficient teams going inside 50 last year to losing a game where we had 13 more inside 50s and going at 29% and 31% in the other two.

That’s coaching.
Look I think Nicks has to go but our ability to hit a simple target is nothing to do with coaching. Milera booting into the man on mark, Hinge missing about 5 kicks, Dawson thumping it out on the full, Loopy laird kicks.

Given how close we were to playing Finals you would think you probably only want to tweak the game plan a bit. At least we seem to be able to switch between them in game so it's not too late........maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, what?

Concrete hands Obrien?

Dude got to the fall of the ball like 50 times and I can't remember him marking it. Or disposing of it effectively. Or being effective once it hit the deck.
And besides all that 7 disposals and 3 turnovers.
Burgess had 1/2 the hit outs to advantage in 1/5th of the hit outs.

Look I think Nicks has to go but our ability to hit a simple target is nothing to do with coaching. Milera booting into the man on mark, Hinge missing about 5 kicks, Dawson thumping it out on the full, Loopy laird kicks.
Of course it has to do with coaching. The coaches are in charge of devoping or honing skills.

I don’t think this is the case, players are horribly out of form

the club did say over preseason that we needed to tighten up on our ability to defend but do that without removing our strengths

I think our problems start with the midfield, for 18months we have had NFI on what our best midfield mix is, Crouch was on the outer, now he is our best mid, Dawson was a defender, now a midfielder, Berry couldn’t get a game last year, then he starts round 1.

Not only do we have NFI on the right midfield mix. we don’t trust ourselves to give more minutes to Pedlar, Izak and Rachele or introduce players like Dowling. Now the pressure is on to win we convert back to Crouch, Laird and Dawson

Fix the midfield and it’s a big back of the solution to get back the attacking style of play and the connection with the forwards

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This 100000000000%.

Its been the issue for years now and continues to be the issue.

Our defense is solid and our forward line is chock full of talent.

Our midfield is utterly atrocious. Has been for years.

Rory Laird is not a midfielder. He’s not even a midfielders a-hole. Never has been and never will be.

He’s surely have to be the least most damaging midfielder per possession than any other mid in the history of the comp..

Of course it has to do with coaching. The coaches are in charge of devoping or honing skills.
One of my favourite Blight-isms was every first session back for a new Pre-Season Blight would get every player to kick a ball for him to make sure they remembered how to kick properly post-holidays.

Tex will play every game he puts his hand up for. Same with Smith and Sloane, senior players are more important than performance.
No one could actually accuse Nicks of not playing kids in the last few years, in fact there is an argument that we are paying for too many senior players gone. The problem is not being prepared to play our youth in the most important positions. Laird, ROB and Crouch are simply not good or fast enough to bring out the talents of our kids.

Back