Toast The Hill brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
These two fellas on the weekend we're absolutely epic,reminded me of when I used to watch the winners and you'd get to see legendary Krakourer brothers just putting on a clinic for the kangaroos.

Is going to be awesome watching our version grow together!

Their family/friends must be so proud of these two ripping footballers.

Light it up on the MCG this weekend fellas.

These two get me excited the most.

I watched the replay again last night and as much as I have been praising Brad's game, I now think Steven's was even better. Was a monster in the last qtr and probably the reason we won it.

Loving the 2017 version of Steven. Same class and skills but with some extra toughness. He has stepped up this year. He was also one of the very few who seemed to give a stuff at the loss to port.

These two will become the main attraction soon. They are anywhere and everywhere and seem to link up a lot.

Anyone know where the 3rd brother is at? Realise he'd only be around 10 or so but anyone's boy play footy with him? Is he showing any potential?

The exciting thing is they are only going to get better.
Shilly said before Bhilly was drafted that there should be a "brother/brother" rule.

Parker, Burton, Longmuir brothers kinda killed that potential rule with one being so grossly incompetent in comparison :D

I'm sure there were other dudd brothers we drafted (not including Carr, who was traded etc.)

I do love the sentiment of keeping it in the family, however

I think Stephen is finally playing with someone who understands his game inside out, and he equally trusts his brother. There were a few occasions on the weekend where Stephen did something a little more attacking than he did in the past because Brad was there to assist in some way - either by being an option or just providing run.

Rad Hill looks like himself again, He works well with his Brother and looks like he's really enjoying his footy again, Sucked to let him go but you've got a keeper, he can butcher it and isn't a great kick at goal but he works his ass off and always does the right thing.

Early days but I think both Stephen and Brad are playing some of their best footy ever. I was quite concerned that Brad's impact would dip after coming out of the Hawk's systems but I actually think it might have had the opposite effect. He is taking more responsibility and flourishing imo. Starting to look really settled in already.

Both are very good players in their own right and even better together, it's exciting to watch and they will get better too. I am amazed how much ground Billy covers during a game, just a running machine and always in space with no opposition near him.

SHill seems to be the silver lining of losing Fyfe and Sandi last year. The combination of filling in as an inside mid and having to fight for it without Sandi's silver service has really taken him to a level I wasn't sure he'd reach. He just never seems flustered.

Pair that with BHills raw pace and endless gut running to space and... Wow. They're gonna be putting bums on seats for years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early days but I think both Stephen and Brad are playing some of their best footy ever. I was quite concerned that Brad's impact would dip after coming out of the Hawk's systems but I actually think it might have had the opposite effect. He is taking more responsibility and flourishing imo. Starting to look really settled in already.

Yeah when you look at how a few others with 3 medals are stinking it up for the hawks it's a credit to him the work he does in games. He could easily have come and realised D Pearce was his only competition for a spot and put the feet up

Both are very good players in their own right and even better together, it's exciting to watch and they will get better too. I am amazed how much ground Billy covers during a game, just a running machine and always in space with no opposition near him.

Yeah you just see him deliver & then gut run to another position up the ground to link the play again,we've lacked this in spades of late....I still can not believe we were able to swap Mayne for B.Hill.

I confess to feeling a quiet satisfaction after all those years ago arguing with the haters who said Stephen was a wasted pick and would never amount to anything, counselling patience and saying he was a shy kid who had come into the harsh glare of the spotlight, been bashed from pillar to post by the oppos best taggers and retreated into his shell but that he had character, a strong work ethic and massive talent and we wouldn't start seeing his best till he reached 25/26.

I loved him from the first moment I saw him throwing his skinny frame into contests with West Perth, playing kick to kick with Casey Sibosado at our 2009 pre-season scratch match and running around like a young colt with that incredible grace.
Getting Brad is the best thing we've done for years. He's gone to another level.

I reckon considering his durability he's just about the best player out of the 2008 draft. People will still put Naitanui in front of him but I reckon pound for pound Hilly has put up more good footy than Nick or anyone else from that draft.

I confess to feeling a quiet satisfaction after all those years ago arguing with the haters who said Stephen was a wasted pick and would never amount to anything, counselling patience and saying he was a shy kid who had come into the harsh glare of the spotlight, been bashed from pillar to post by the oppos best taggers and retreated into his shell but that he had character, a strong work ethic and massive talent and we wouldn't start seeing his best till he reached 25/26.

I loved him from the first moment I saw him throwing his skinny frame into contests with West Perth, playing kick to kick with Casey Sibosado at our 2009 pre-season scratch match and running around like a young colt with that incredible grace.
Getting Brad is the best thing we've done for years. He's gone to another level.

I reckon considering his durability he's just about the best player out of the 2008 draft. People will still put Naitanui in front of him but I reckon pound for pound Hilly has put up more good footy than Nick or anyone else from that draft.

Must get RTB smiling seeing these two working together.....I'm daring to dream but imagine throwing a fit HB in with these two?

Yeah you just see him deliver & then gut run to another position up the ground to link the play again,we've lacked this in spades of late....I still can not believe we were able to swap Mayne for B.Hill.

Not sure if the opposition can't find anyone to keep up with Billy or they just think he won't hurt them too much but either way the Hill synergy is building into something to marvel at, exciting times ahead.

Mayne for B. Hill, we win big time $$$$$$$$$$ Well done to those who managed to engineer this outcome for Freo.

Yeah when you look at how a few others with 3 medals are stinking it up for the hawks it's a credit to him the work he does in games. He could easily have come and realised D Pearce was his only competition for a spot and put the feet up
He's said his main goal is to get a medal for his brother.

If you look at games played and stats, although very different players Hill wins hands down. I've always thought we won when we got S Hill.

Didn't they grow up together??
There's a chance Stephen will let Nic lace his boots.
Stephen and Brad certainly grew up together!
The Hills and Naitanuis less so. Northern suburbs are a fair away from Midvale. But they did play for WA together.
Walters and Naitanui and Yarran grew up on the same street. I reckon we did pretty well out of those three too.

Love the new aggression we've been seeing from Shilly the last few years, not just in his play but also in giving back as much argy-bargy that he takes. I also love the way both Hillys feed off each other. It's really exciting to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back