Training The house is coming down - it's training time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Third hand info but reliable source:

'So apparently one of our players who had played for six or seven years now said to the club if they try and do that camp again then he's out. And was dead serious, by the sound of it, it was way over the top'

Watts, Tyson, Melksham, Tmac, Gawn, Spencer, Frost... can't think of anyone else off the top of me head in that age group

I'll have more info this Saturday or next but I will refrain from naming or hinting at which player if I find out, tbh want to know the general consensus on the camp from the whole group.

It's piss easy to to tell em to harden up but guess we don't know the details. If it was run as a military exercise it's obviously been done before so I don't understand anyone complaining

I actually think it was a bit OTT, but I'll see what I can find out.
You must be a ******* princess. Need the lil asain guy going well did you die? The whole exercise would of been to push ya limits and when you think you have nothing you can actually give more and to build a trust and bond with ya team mates.. im sick to * of being s**t campaigners and now hearing oh we are a young team we will wear out towards end of year or our ******* pissweak mental state where we let a team get a run on and do * all but roll over and get ****ed. Obviously Goodwin has noticed we are weak as piss mentally and thought im gonna get you campaigners good.. any player who is being a lil baby back bitch and will quit over pushing their precious mind n body to their limits i dont want and they can * right off... but * me dead OTT ya reckon nothing is OTT in the pursuit of getting this team strong and fighting for a ******* flag. Been pissweak for way 2 long.. end rant

You must be a ******* princess. Need the lil asain guy going well did you die? The whole exercise would of been to push ya limits and when you think you have nothing you can actually give more and to build a trust and bond with ya team mates.. im sick to **** of being s**t campaigners and now hearing oh we are a young team we will wear out towards end of year or our ******* pissweak mental state where we let a team get a run on and do **** all but roll over and get stuffed. Obviously Goodwin has noticed we are weak as piss mentally and thought im gonna get you campaigners good.. any player who is being a lil baby back bitch and will quit over pushing their precious mind n body to their limits i dont want and they can **** right off... but **** me dead OTT ya reckon nothing is OTT in the pursuit of getting this team strong and fighting for a ******* flag. Been pissweak for way 2 long.. end rant

Im entitled to my opinion and we need to wait to know if it was a success or not in regards to our mental toughness, but right now all the camp has given us is Salems concussion, Tysons knee and talk of a few players thinking it was a waste of time. You can abuse me all you want but neither of us will know for at least another 6 months.

Would be interesting to hear Jordan Lewis' point of view on the difficulty of the Camp. Without knowing the details, players do not dictate to the coaches and the club. The leadership group should deal with players if they are giving ultimatums to the club on the back of a training camp. The tail does not wag the dog.

Would be interesting to hear Jordan Lewis' point of view on the difficulty of the Camp. Without knowing the details, players do not dictate to the coaches and the club. The leadership group should deal with players if they are giving ultimatums to the club on the back of a training camp. The tail does not wag the dog.
Spot. On.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im entitled to my opinion and we need to wait to know if it was a success or not in regards to our mental toughness, but right now all the camp has given us is Salems concussion, Tysons knee and talk of a few players thinking it was a waste of time. You can abuse me all you want but neither of us will know for at least another 6 months.
Its a given in Salem getting a concussion and Tyson getting a knee injury. Salem would get a concussion from his misses sitting of his face. Tyson is always injured have we ever seen him 95% Im all for our club doing whatever it takes even if there are casualties. Wonder what Viney thought of it all. Would rather players complaining it was too hard and OTT than not.

The only issue I had with it was the report that the players had to drive home afterwards...considering that they barely slept for four days, not the best idea.

The only issue I had with it was the report that the players had to drive home afterwards...considering that they barely slept for four days, not the best idea.
That seems seriously dumb, should have organised a bus and taxis home. Sleep deprivation is as bad as intoxication for its effect on your driving.

Could it have been said tongue in cheek? As in the player was having a laugh and joked if they did something like that again he's out?
Last time someone said something tongue-in-cheek the club was finded a cool half mil for 'not tanking'

Full blown military style sleep deprivation over 4 days does sound a little questionable.

Apparently the players weren't advised or prepared for the camp so I imagine that would have been the main shock for them.

I think maybe the shock value is a little much for football players. Even the SAS training course has participants who go in with full knowledge.

But other than that, you would hope that the club now has an evironment where objections to coaches decisions can be heard, and responded to in a respectful manner. They might not get the answer they want, bu they should get a reasonable justifucation or response.

Didn't they do a similar camp last preseason (although a little bit less than this preseason) run military style featuring sleep deprivation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back