The Interesting Scorecard Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously the 10/11 scoring centuries together stood out and the two guys taking 7 wicket hauls both doing so at the cost of over 100 runs (one of them over 200).

But the first thing that genuinely caught my eye as odd across four innings? Not sure why, but the fact that no one scored 40-49.

Can we use this thread for all future "interesting scorecards", I come across at least one every few weeks

Was trying to find a place to post this as well. Kotian usually bats higher up, but it looks like Mumbai have stacked the batting this game, and the night watchman was activated as well. Musheer Khan scoreed 203* in that game as well (he is the younger brother to Sarfaraz Khan)
Though this guys stats are impressive. with an unbeaten 89 in the following game, where Shardul Thakur scores a century from #9.
Anyway Kotian averages 45 with the bat and 27 with the ball, definitely a look in for West Zone selection in the Duleep Trophy and possibly Rest of India in the Irani Cup

Obviously the 10/11 scoring centuries together stood out and the two guys taking 7 wicket hauls both doing so at the cost of over 100 runs (one of them over 200).

But the first thing that genuinely caught my eye as odd across four innings? Not sure why, but the fact that no one scored 40-49.
Yes, only the second time ever in f-c cricket that the #10 and #11 have each scored a century. Interestingly, on the other occasion both the batsmen made it to the 120's as well.

I only discovered this scorecard via the latest Ask Steven column, in which he also addresses the instance of the bowler taking 14-312 in the same match, which you also mentioned.

Can we use this thread for all future "interesting scorecards", I come across at least one every few weeks

Was trying to find a place to post this as well. Kotian usually bats higher up, but it looks like Mumbai have stacked the batting this game, and the night watchman was activated as well. Musheer Khan scoreed 203* in that game as well (he is the younger brother to Sarfaraz Khan)
Though this guys stats are impressive. with an unbeaten 89 in the following game, where Shardul Thakur scores a century from #9.
Anyway Kotian averages 45 with the bat and 27 with the ball, definitely a look in for West Zone selection in the Duleep Trophy and possibly Rest of India in the Irani Cup
Good thinking 99, I will see if I can get the title amended. :)

Edit - Done. I didn't realize I could do it myself. :)

Imagine having your opponent 9 down and having to bowl another 40 overs.
At risk of looking like a goose because this is your subtle joke, but NZ went close bowling another 32 overs before dismissing Hazlewood in the last test.

Imagine having your opponent 9 down and having to bowl another 40 overs.
It happened to Victoria last Shield match (well, 33.2 overs, but close enough!).

One of my favourite all-time scorecards.
Fair turnaround.

One wonders with these if there was some plausible explanation, can't see anything obvious here like injured/absent players. Conditions perhaps?

Also 'Lord Tennyson' gives me a chuckle. Imagine somehow one of these types playing for England against Australia in the peak sledging era. Would have loved to have the stump mike turned up for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair turnaround.

One wonders with these if there was some plausible explanation, can't see anything obvious here like injured/absent players. Conditions perhaps?

Also 'Lord Tennyson' gives me a chuckle. Imagine somehow one of these types playing for England against Australia in the peak sledging era. Would have loved to have the stump mike turned up for that.
The day was described as "damp": Hampshire beat Warwickshire after being bowled out for 15 - Cricket Country

Incidentally, when people say associates' results shouldn't count as full international because occasionally sides get rolled for single-figures, it's pretty easy to point to scorecards like this. IMO, one of the most beautiful things about cricket is that weird s**t happens all the time.

That's why I've never been a fan of the follow-on when there's plenty of time left.
That was a pretty freakish game though, and it often requires freakish events to turn games around after the follow on is enforced.

After being bowled out for 15, Hants were 6-177 in their second knock, still 31 runs from making Warwickshire bat again.

It was only the fact that the last four wickets added 344 runs - including 110* from the #10 who ended up with a f-c average of 15 - that turned the situation around.

I won't post the scorecard but I signed up for Cricket Archive recently and, as you do, started searching for people I knew.

Which is how, after almost 20 years of knowing him, I came to ask my brother-in-law: "Can you tell me about the time you dismissed Wasim Akram?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back