Scape Goat The "Is There A Derby Banter Thread?" Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads would be far more exciting if we had actually won a derby lately.
The whole concept of the derby has become quite meh over recent years. This is the first one of interest for a long time. Here in Melbourne it doesn't even show on TV.

The whole concept of the derby has become quite meh over recent years. This is the first one of interest for a long time. Here in Melbourne it doesn't even show on TV.
But why would they put it on TV when there's the blockbuster from Victoria of Bulldogs V Demons. That game will be a cracker.

2015 marks the 100th anniversary of ANZAC Day.

To mark the occasion the AFL has arranged for an encore performance of 'Simpson and his donkeys'. Their appearance in April warmed the hearts of hundreds of thousands of Dockers supporters, unfortunately only a select few were able to enjoy the spectacle live. Tomorrow's display, for the benefit of 40000+ Freo members, is certain to be an event savoured by everyone.

A light hearted romp before the serious business begins. Rating: 5 ducking Darlings.

The AFL hasn't ruled out a third performance in September - don't bet on it.

Last edited:
The best I saw was the Kentucky Derby in 2009 when Mind that Bird caused a big upset.
mine that bird.jpg \
The next best was a Hat
hat.jpg

These threads would be far more exciting if we had actually won a derby lately.

I work in Freo, and am surrounded by predominantly Freo supporters. There's one hard-core weag in my office - new guy this year - and I have pretty much avoided talking footy with him most of the season, as he's of the "you only just won that one, eh? Lucky win for you lot. We're smashing them week after week, we're gunna smash you too" variety. Yeah, yeah - if you want to talk footy, then actually talk footy, don't just trash talk cos 'aint nobody got time fo dat.'

Anyway, long story short, I went into the office on Friday and he was the only one in there and I mentioned I'd just had a decent convo with another dead-set hard-core weag, where we talked about the game with respect for each other, and for one another's teams and it was a pleasant experience.

This guy kind of nodded his head, and just said quite meekly, "I just really want to win cos I am so sick and tired of losing to you guys time after time after time. I'm just so sick of it."

I nodded sympathetically, and I almost felt sorry for him.

A Weagle at work keeps sledging me before every derby, and has been pretty relentless at it this week too, singing the eagles song around the office & just being a dick. But I've only known him 3 years now. So he's never actually won a derby while I've known him. Weagles are weird.

A Weagle at work keeps sledging me before every derby, and has been pretty relentless at it this week too, singing the eagles song around the office & just being a dick. But I've only known him 3 years now. So he's never actually won a derby while I've known him. Weagles are weird.

They always look backwards to go forwards. In his mind it is still 06 just before the scandals began.

"I just really want to win cos I am so sick and tired of losing to you guys time after time after time. I'm just so sick of it."
It is getting a bit like that. We need a good win to make them interesting again. It seems we loosen our pants ready to be pulled down before the derbies in recent times..

This could have been a cracker (and it still may be) had both sides had a relatively full deck (e.g. we would still be without Brown and Mackenzie). We will see how it pans out.

Oh yes this is a banter thread, no place for logic so... GO EAGLES THEY R THA BEST 3-0 LOLZZZZ!!!!1one

HSvHwFu.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't like the expression "Bring it".
Its not like we are American!...And what does it really mean??...bring Nat Fyfe?...yes, we will bring him...Although I think he will probably bring himself to the game.
I'll bring him to the game!

It's like watching a Kung Fu movie.

The lips are all out of sync.

Anyway, I call bullshit. She doesn't follow the eagles. No blue rinse or knitting needles.

With how these things work, Priddis will likely get in,
just because they were made to look silly last year by leaving him out, then him winning the brownlow, so probably him, but not sure who else would get a spot on the wing ahead of Gaff on current form. Although we all know the AA team is rarely about picking players to play in actual positions, and just about cramming the so called best players from that year on a sheet of paper, dane Swan froward pocket etc.
They are silly, biased and tainted. Snubbing Pav & Sandilands yet Notacluey makes it? Budgies so far up themselves they're full of s**t.

0 flags. 0 Norm Smiths. 0 Brownlows. 0 Coleman's. After 20 years you may even up the derby ledger today. 20 - 0*4 = 20. It was 27 yesterday. 27-20 is 7. 20 - 7 is 13. Luke Shuey wears number 13. Luke Shuey will be BOG today.

0 flags. 0 Norm Smiths. 0 Brownlows. 0 Coleman's. After 20 years you may even up the derby ledger today. 20 - 0*4 = 20. It was 27 yesterday. 27-20 is 7. 20 - 7 is 13. Luke Shuey wears number 13. Luke Shuey will be BOG today.
I'm sure they will continue to be popular in the nursing home for the next decade or so, as the elderly recall "we had a competitive team back in the ol' days.

Were you an Eagles supporter in 2009 or something? Are you jumping off the Freo bandwagon after another failed finals campaign?
I have supported Freo since 1994 (before their first season). Prior to that, the only other team in town was chock full of Fremantle WAFL players, so it was acceptable to follow them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back