Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

There is something about Pies fans this year. The one thing about all the violence at matches...if its in Melbourne its been a Pies game. Pretty unusual.

I have this funny feeling there's going to be an attempt at a brawl in the stands on Monday. Dunno why.

There is something about Pies fans this year. The one thing about all the violence at matches...if its in Melbourne its been a Pies game. Pretty unusual.

I have this funny feeling there's going to be an attempt at a brawl in the stands on Monday. Dunno why.
There was an incident at our game at etihad the other day not sure of which supporter base the offender was though.

However i know what you mean, truth be told i've never worried about being at the footy, but i'm a bit concerned with the prospect of being near pies fans of monday

i
There was an incident at our game at etihad the other day not sure of which supporter base the offender was though.

However i know what you mean, truth be told i've never worried about being at the footy, but i'm a bit concerned with the prospect of being near pies fans of monday
yeah I heard something about that incident on the radio. I think the gist of it was a dogs fan abused Bevo over the fence when he went onto the field, then the bloke tried to fight other dogs supporters who called him an idiot. dunno why he got upset about that, he definitely sounds like an idiot doing idiotic things to me.

i

yeah I heard something about that incident on the radio. I think the gist of it was a dogs fan abused Bevo over the fence when he went onto the field, then the bloke tried to fight other dogs supporters who called him an idiot. dunno why he got upset about that, he definitely sounds like an idiot doing idiotic things to me.
What i saw on the news was completely different, there was a brawl in one of the boxes, 60 year old man involved was ejected from the stadium. Interesting if two incidents occurred

What i saw on the news was completely different, there was a brawl in one of the boxes, 60 year old man involved was ejected from the stadium. Interesting if two incidents occurred
Did some research, the incident i'm referring too wasn't our game. Once again at a Collingwood game. Collingwood vs the Western Bulldogs a couple of weeks back. Sorry, the news when i saw it wasn't specific on the details
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/06/02/10/15/2nd-man-charged-over-afl-brawl

its interesting that a few of these incidents have occurred in areas where you would probably expect better behaviour and from blokes who are old enough to know better.

its interesting that a few of these incidents have occurred in areas where you would probably expect better behaviour and from blokes who are old enough to know better.
You can take the man out of Collingwood, but you can't take Collingwood out of the man

Melbourne and Collingwood are on par maybe Collingwood slightly ahead. Melbourne are not a top 4 side and if they then so are we. Apart from their forward line we are better in every other area and even our forward line is functioning better every week.

Last year this time the same garbage was being spoken about. The two biggest pretenders this season are Geelong and Melbourne but I have no issue with the media pumping them up.

Flipper, Steele, Treloar and Pendlebury are going to give them a reality check.

Confident about this one actually. Pies by 30. We shouldn't have lost last years one if it wasn't for the umpires completely changing the momentum in that second quarter and in the last 5 min of the game. We win we will play finals 95%.

wtf.gif

We will only lose 3 mores games during The H&A. Go undefeated in finals and win the flag.

You heard it here first.

:eek: More comedy gold from the Collingwood board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never had an issue with pies supporters, all clubs have idiots and the bigger the club the more idiots they attract.

I have had more issues with Collingwood fans than any others. I am quite vocal at games (but within reason) and find myself being personally abused every time we play Collingwood. A few times to the point where I thought Id need to physically defend myself. One Queens Birthday my pop asked a Collingwood fan to not say the c word in front of his wife and the Collingwood bloke responds "turn around before I knock the glasses off your face." ******* horrible bunch.

The only other time I've felt like that is watching West Coast in Perth and one other time at a pre-season game against the dogs out in Craigieburn when a couple of overweight female dogs supporters got pretty close to physically attacking me.

Thankfully, Ive upgraded to reserve seats and will be sitting amongst friends from now on. Lol

Edit: when I say personally abused. I dont mind a bit of footy banter. But Im talking personal attacks.

I noticed someone on Collingwood board say that they don't think Melbourne are scary because we haven't really beaten anyone. Yeah ok but who have the pies beaten?
Hahaha.

Yeah that is probably the one thing they can't say about us. We've played almost exactly the same sides. Lost to the same sides, beaten the same sides. It's just that we've beaten those sides by more than collingwood have.

Old mate saying 'every line of ours bar the forward line is operating on a higher level'. Yeah pretty much every stat you can find says that's not true.

Hahaha.

Yeah that is probably the one thing they can't say about us. We've played almost exactly the same sides. Lost to the same sides, beaten the same sides. It's just that we've beaten those sides by more than collingwood have.

Old mate saying 'every line of ours bar the forward line is operating on a higher level'. Yeah pretty much every stat you can find says that's not true.
I liked the calling Melbourne and geelong the biggest pretenders yet only scored 5.15 against Geelong which is the same as Carlton did the other week. What happened to the amazing forward line that day couldn't against pretenders.

They may well give us a reality check, but only if we go in with big heads. Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom and, erm, Flipper are all good players who would trouble any midfield, but we are better across the park and match them inside. If we play our high-scoring brand of footy at its best, and resist them coming out breathing fire in the first quarter, then we should grind them down enough on pure talent/work rate.

The Freeze MND QB event will continue whether Collingwood is the opposition or not. Whoever they play, it's very much Melbourne's day, from the gate to the pregame to the (barracking) commentary to the conflicted umpiring. I just don't see what benefit it is to us.

From one of their mods. Some of them really are ******* dim, aren't they?

They may well give us a reality check, but only if we go in with big heads. Pendles, Treloar, Sidebottom and, erm, Flipper are all good players who would trouble any midfield, but we are better across the park and match them inside. If we play our high-scoring brand of footy at its best, and resist them coming out breathing fire in the first quarter, then we should grind them down enough on pure talent/work rate.
100% agree mate

From one of their mods. Some of them really are ******* dim, aren't they?
Pretty sure the same git posted that rubbish video that one of them put together with all the frees that were missed or incorrect from last years clash.
Have a watch if you haven't already - from a 5min video I can pick 1, maybe 2 that were a bit rough.
It's hilarious stuff

Yeah agree with this, we aren’t going to flog them but if we play at our best should get up by 5-6 goals. First quarter will be telling as it usually is for us.

The thing is, if anyone is going to come out breathing fire, I expect it to be us. I've no doubt that retribution has been on the minds of the entire list since August 25 last year.

I am not as certain as some that the Hogan horse has bolted. He has signed until the end of next year only. They just signed McDonald for four years.

Don't mind me, just trying to understand how extending McDonald from 2018>2022 has anything to do with Hogan, 18 months out from his contract expiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back