Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Fresh from the Geelong board ...
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't really rate Oliver, but then again, I like ball use by foot, something Oliver doesn't yet have.
Posted by someone whose name and profile pic is in honour of Nakia Cockatoo, otherwise known as the shittier, more inconsistent and more injury prone version of Cyril ... in that he does one good thing a game and is labeled a superstar.

Posted by someone whose name and profile pic is in honour of Nakia Cockatoo, otherwise known as the shittier, more inconsistent and more injury prone version of Cyril ... in that he does one good thing a game and is labeled a superstar.
Haha I've just given him a piece of my mind in that very thread also

They all cracked it when I called out one of their posters for saying Geelongs best is unstoppable (Hasn’t been for 7 years). Talk about drinking the kool aid....
They seem to have an interesting blend of fans who are fully aware how bog average their list is everywhere other than their starting midfield, and others who still think its '07-'11, and they've just added the same Ablett who left, and not the one that's 8 years older with soft tissue problems.

Its probably fair of opposition supporters to think that Oliver doesn't have the foot skills. Even some Dee's supporters doubt it.

Watching him week in week out most of us know that he is a beautiful kick and when he starts using his feet more the rest of the comp will get a shock :)

Its probably fair of opposition supporters to think that Oliver doesn't have the foot skills. Even some Dee's supporters doubt it.

Watching him week in week out most of us know that he is a beautiful kick and when he starts using his feet more the rest of the comp will get a shock :)
I don't even have that much of an issue with how much he handballs, with the exception of some of the handballs that he gives off to someone not expecting it etc, most of them are releasing handballs from the midst of extreme congestion to a player out in space who already has eyes down field to their next target, rather than someone like Danger who just bombs it long blindly and waits for it to come back, but are lauded for the numbers.

There are definitely some occasions that he has more space than he realises, and would be better served tucking it under the arm and using what is actually an excellent kick, but that's going to come, and come soon is my bet, generally the first thing a young player has to come to terms with is how much time he doesn't have with the ball, and once he's done that, how much time he does.

I don't even have that much of an issue with how much he handballs, with the exception of some of the handballs that he gives off to someone not expecting it etc, most of them are releasing handballs from the midst of extreme congestion to a player out in space who already has eyes down field to their next target, rather than someone like Danger who just bombs it long blindly and waits for it to come back, but are lauded for the numbers.

There are definitely some occasions that he has more space than he realises, and would be better served tucking it under the arm and using what is actually an excellent kick, but that's going to come, and come soon is my bet, generally the first thing a young player has to come to terms with is how much time he doesn't have with the ball, and once he's done that, how much time he does.
This.

No doubt he probably needs to kick it a little bit more but people get caught up in weighing kicks vs handballs and that they should be roughly 50/50.
Not the case for an inside bull who wins the ball in situations where it's near impossible to get an effective kick. Put him down for a kick each time he flicks it out to a runner in a good spot and see how you go!

This.

No doubt he probably needs to kick it a little bit more but people get caught up in weighing kicks vs handballs and that they should be roughly 50/50.
Not the case for an inside bull who wins the ball in situations where it's near impossible to get an effective kick. Put him down for a kick each time he flicks it out to a runner in a good spot and see how you go!
That'd actually be a worth while exercise. I might have a go at that at some point.

the Dees play extra numbers at the contest and keep it a tight contested game style which makes it harder to get the ball on the foot for the bloke getting hands on it first. watch how many times Tyson gets his kicks smothered trying to kick it in tight instead of using his hands. I reckon when Oliver starts to use his power more to break from the contest he can get on the end of some link play and kick it more once on the outside.

This.

I agree with this, but I thought it would be interesting to compare Oliver's ratio to probably the best exponent of the handball ever, Diesel williams. So Williams had about 54% handballs, and Oliver is currently tracking at around 72% handballs. Obviously Oliver is only on 35 odd games and a different era to take into account, but he probably does need to try and break free at stoppages a bit more and get some kicks in to balance his game. Otherwise its going to get easier and easier for opposition players to read him.

I agree with this, but I thought it would be interesting to compare Oliver's ratio to probably the best exponent of the handball ever, Diesel williams. So Williams had about 54% handballs, and Oliver is currently tracking at around 72% handballs. Obviously Oliver is only on 35 odd games and a different era to take into account, but he probably does need to try and break free at stoppages a bit more and get some kicks in to balance his game. Otherwise its going to get easier and easier for opposition players to read him.
I'm not sure those stats are really relevant as the game is much more congested around stoppages these days compared to when diesel played.

Yeah, don't get the reputation this bloke has. Clearly talented, wildly inconsistent, has done frightfully stupid things, loves an injury and yet is a potential A grader. Likely one of those guys who has all the potential in the world at 20, 21, but when he's 23, 24 and still doing the same s**t, will end up on the scrap heap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a bit of insight from that clever fella over on the Cats board with a profile pic of a big bloke I've never heard of.

Too much is being made of something so minor.

It's a strain. A low level strain. There isn't any risk.

Nobody is really match fit.

If he wasn't playing they'd rule him out early.

Just a bit of insight from that clever fella over on the Cats board with a profile pic of a big bloke I've never heard of.
Nobody is really match fit... right :drunk:

Gather you have all read about the traumatized Adelaide Crows players after being blindfolded on the Gold Coast Camp they attended. Well they have a thread about it on the Crows board and I just had to ask them "Would this be a bad time to say you have been very nasty with comments on the "Death Riding Melbourne/Carlton threads". LOL One guy replied yeah, probably Karma. LOL.

Gather you have all read about the traumatized Adelaide Crows players after being blindfolded on the Gold Coast Camp they attended. Well they have a thread about it on the Crows board and I just had to ask them "Would this be a bad time to say you have been very nasty with comments on the "Death Riding Melbourne/Carlton threads". LOL One guy replied yeah, probably Karma. LOL.
That's why we bailed on ours???

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ght-win-v-godees.1189651/page-3#post-54897563

Cant blame them for thinking that way though. We gotta and should smash them, but thats the same case for the past couple of seasons.

I will keep dusting this off until we beat effing Norf....

inspirational_quote_by_tennis_player_vitas_gerulaitis_after_beating_jimmy_connors._8845935612.jpg

Also, I came across this during my vagoogling which I thought was worth sharing as well.

quote-i-haven-t-reported-my-missing-credit-card-to-the-police-because-whoever-stole-it-is-ilie-nastase-21-18-75.jpg

inspirational_quote_by_tennis_player_vitas_gerulaitis_after_beating_jimmy_connors._8845935612.jpg

Also, I came across this during my vagoogling which I thought was worth sharing as well.

quote-i-haven-t-reported-my-missing-credit-card-to-the-police-because-whoever-stole-it-is-ilie-nastase-21-18-75.jpg
Would love someone to edit this gif when we finally beat them
Lesnar-7.gif

I think I've liked your Gerulaitis post each time you've wheeled it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I've liked your Gerulaitis post each time you've wheeled it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're a generous and loyal customer, pretty sure I roll it out at least twice a week.

Be really nice to spank Norf this weekend.
Their board has as many nufties as I've seen!

This in response to LeverPuller's invitation to the banter thread...

**** off mate. I got banned by one of your flog moderators after the game last year. Your team is dead, I say it again DEAD to me. I hope we send you lot home feeling like you have been shafted (without lube) by Carl Williams former cell mate.

Be really nice to spank Norf this weekend.
Their board has as many nufties as I've seen!

This in response to LeverPuller's invitation to the banter thread...

I wonder what on earth could have got him banned. Seems like a lovely bloke!!

God Id love to smash them by 60 plus. Don't think it'll happen though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back