Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an interesting debate. Duck's minor stroke aside, if we did want a mid trade. The overs would be astronomical.

It would be so stupid to sell your future to fill a hole for 10 weeks. Would prefer mid season draft where you can take players from lower leagues. Or elevate players from your VFL affiliate.

It would be so stupid to sell your future to fill a hole for 10 weeks. Would prefer mid season draft where you can take players from lower leagues. Or elevate players from your VFL affiliate.

Correct.

I wouldn't mind the idea of a loan period though. Potentially get players back at the end of the year. Could help the lower teams bridge the gap temporarily.

Fair point that. With an AFL reserves, and effectively your entire reserves team being like a rookie list, you wouldn't run in to these sorts of problems at all. We're probably due for the Reserves Debate to come up again, this might be one of the arguments for.

Wayne Carey on how Melbourne could really do with an in season trade period given our ruck situation. His suggestions were Majak Daw for Jayden Hunt. ****in what. Or Matthew Lobbe for Oscar McDonald. Genius duck. Genius

Just had to put my phone down and comprehend how stupid this statement is.

Wayne Carey on how Melbourne could really do with an in season trade period given our ruck situation. His suggestions were Majak Daw for Jayden Hunt. ****in what. Or Matthew Lobbe for Oscar McDonald. Genius duck. Genius
Oooh, oooh can I play? I vote for the second one.

Found this on the Essendon Board

I will be leaning over the fence screaming drug cheat as soon as Melksham or Hibbo go near the footy.

Absolute disgrace that they systematically cheated and they didnt get death by firing squad!

Thats Brutal. From your own Supporters too. Wow

Correct.

I wouldn't mind the idea of a loan period though. Potentially get players back at the end of the year. Could help the lower teams bridge the gap temporarily.

Brayshaw being loaned to another club for midfield minutes for instance and we take one of their rucks to do the same

The article goes on to s**t on him for being a white male playing elite sport. I seriously can't get over how bad it is, the fact the guy is called a 'Roar expert' is laughable.
The bit that really gets me is this:

"By conservative estimates, Watts earns probably four times what I do, despite the fact we’re both fairly average at our jobs"

Mate, if you're earning anywhere near $150,000 writing that sort of s**t then I'm Genghis Khan.

The bit that really gets me is this:

"By conservative estimates, Watts earns probably four times what I do, despite the fact we’re both fairly average at our jobs"

Mate, if you're earning anywhere near $150,000 writing that sort of s**t then I'm Genghis Khan.

God i'm over the bashing of people who make more money. Watts also had to spend 10 years learning to be a footballer and then be good enough as a junior ot be selected as the best prospect. This muppet just had too fart some words on a page for a crappy website while doing a cinema studies art degree.

Its the free market. Its why no matter what you do, if you're creative in what you have to offer, you can always make more money than the "norm" for your job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to that article on 'The Roar', did anyone read this in the comments section?

The problem with Melbourne is the old boys who run the club. Melbourne is the club of the WASP elite. The inner sanctum of this club still want Melbourne to be made up of white (Nordic types) men of various protestant faiths, from a handful of suburbs, such as Toorak, Armadale, Brighton, and Camberwell. They dream about a bunch of ex private school (not public school, that is what English people call private schools) prefects playing for their club, and taking them to the promised land. Jack Watts epitomizes everything that Melbourne, and their reactionary supporters (talk back radio host, far right columnist in the Herald Sun, newly elected senator et al) stand for. Watts is not just white, he is what racists call Nordic, he is protestant, and he was educated at Brighton Grammar. Melbourne will remain the most irrelevant club in the AFL because they are anchored to the Menzies era.

Should've known all along Watts was actually Swedish

Nordic Watts 2.png

Well run club, these are only my views from the contact I have had with the club. These are the personal IMHO that make the Tigers tick

Gale & O'Neal make an excellent combination - less focus on the politics and more on the football than March/Gale combination.

Blair Hartley - genius.

Francis Jackson - a loyal servant of the club.

Dan Richardson efficient and extremely effective.

Tim Livingstone - Tiger thru and thru

Dimma - honest. hard working and never minces his words.

Leppa - genius

Heath and fitness staff - I'm sorry I cant recall all their names ... outstanding job, 10/10 from me.

The good Dr on Richmond

The good Dr on Richmond

I'm starting to feel like we should be collecting his "finest" posts and sending them off to a mental institution somewhere. This boy should be committed.

Let's try a slight twist...

Well run system, these are only my views from the contact I have had with the 3rd Reich. These are the personal IMHO that make the Nazis tick

Hitler and Hirohito make an excellent combination - less focus on the politics and more on the solution than Adolf/Benito combination.

Goebbels - genius.

Hermann Goering - a loyal servant of the Fatherland.

Adolf Eichmann efficient and extremely effective.

Reinhard Heydrich - Aryan thru and thru

Himmler - honest. hard working and never minces his words.

Mengele - genius

Concentration camp staff - I'm sorry I cant recall all their names ... outstanding job, 10/10 from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back