Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a load of this almighty sook-fest.
Some fella has gone to the trouble of putting together a video :tearsofjoy:.
ATTENTION: AFL Umpires Association

SUBJECT: Round 12 2017 - Melbourne Vs Collingwood

FORWARD TO: Nathan Buckley

Thoughts?

Yeah I brought that one up on the Pies board along with the mark that was paid to Hoskin-Elliott.
My comments made sense and were written with correct grammar so have since been deleted.
Ah Ok. It's not a Collingwood only thread though so it must just be if you disagree with them, you're wrong

Love that the very first example was a perfect spoil where no contact to the arms was made.

Ah Ok. It's not a Collingwood only thread though so it must just be if you disagree with them, you're wrong
Yep I assume that's what it is.
Love that the very first example was a perfect spoil where no contact to the arms was made.
It's cringe worthy stuff.

Bahahaha. Good on that poster for making the video, but they should have just stuck to the absolute howlers. I stopped watching after the 3rd 'um, that was the right call' I found myself saying. Which means the video hadn't got to qtr time yet..

Best one yet!!
I am still laughing.
Pisses me off that opposition posters can come on our board, mock us for bad spelling, grammar etc, then waltz back to their board and brag about it and all they cop is their posts deleted.

We do that on any other board and we're carded instantly.

Yeah I brought that one up on the Pies board along with the mark that was paid to Hoskin-Elliott.
My comments made sense and were written with correct grammar so have since been deleted.
Its like 1984... just change the record and it never happened

Best one yet!!
I am still laughing.
Oh man. I actually feel a bit sorry for them now. I didn't before, but I do now. Poor scum, just doin their best and use are all usin use properly. Can't catch a break ey. Poor pies fans with their club full of infinite money, must be tough

haha, that is awesome ... What he's done is highlighted some pretty good umpiring there. They seem to have a HUGE amount of trouble with the concept of prior opportunity, specifically identifying when a player has had it which just about none of the supposed missed ones did, and the fact that diving on, and dragging the ball in, is considered to be it.

Oh man. I actually feel a bit sorry for them now. I didn't before, but I do now. Poor scum, just doin their best and use are all usin use properly. Can't catch a break ey. Poor pies fans with their club full of infinite money, must be tough
Hahaha.
He's edited the post to say this now so I'm pretty sure I got him!
If your name is Sando22 and you've liked this post, then you eat s**t for breakfast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha, that is awesome ... What he's done is highlighted some pretty good umpiring there. They seem to have a HUGE amount of trouble with the concept of prior opportunity, specifically identifying when a player has had it which just about none of the supposed missed ones did, and the fact that diving on, and dragging the ball in, is considered to be it.
Yep it's pretty amusing.
I've actually never heard a mob carry on so hard about umpiring and so many seriously believe it to be the reason why they lost.
They are ALL drinking the kool aid.

Trying to steal underdog status again!
r8XNZ.gif

We'll need every last drop of it to get up this week :(

Anyways, it's funny when you quote someone whose only contribution was a silent quote.

You quote the silent quote but that silent quote doesn't pop up in your post, so you look like you just made some random throwaway comment. I strangely enough still get the notification that you did quote me though, so this is my reply to you :p

My favourite is the one where Watts supposedly goes beyond 30 seconds in his goalkicking routine, with the clock clearly showing he started his run-up with 5 seconds to spare. thats about as cut and dry as it gets with free kicks these days.

My favourite is the one where Watts supposedly goes beyond 30 seconds in his goalkicking routine, with the clock clearly showing he started his run-up with 5 seconds to spare. thats about as cut and dry as it gets with free kicks these days.
On the Pies board, a poster when told that is the rule just says "well if that's the rule then that's just sh*t"
A common Collingwood type of response

A Collingwood supporter with an Analogy of the umpiring on monday

Two primary school kids are about to have a gun fight organised by their school. In my opinion, the whole contest is inappropriate. However, being an American school, it would be unconstitutional to deny the seven year olds their right to bear arms.

The teacher gives Matthew a gun with two bullets in it. She gives David the same model of gun, but with fifty bullets in it.

With his first shot, Matthew narrowly misses David's right ear. His second shot goes straight through David's left knee.

David's first fifteen shots miss by fifteen metres or more, but over time his accuracy improves and he manages to kill Matthew with his thirty-fifth shot.

David is declared the winner, while Matthew is taken to the morgue.

Everyone in the school yard declares the fight unfair, except for David's friends and family. In an interview after the fight, fighting back tears, Matthew's mum remarks that her son was unfairly treated because he got less bullets. She believes that as the better performed shooter, David would have won the fight had the playing field been even.

During her interview, David's mum is quoted as follows: "LOL bitter Matthew fans just completely ignore all the bullets that were given to him. Get over it you sore losers. If he was good enough, he would have killed David anyway."

You are David's mum.

To be fair that Watts hold was soft af

It was but after watching the replay the chopping the arms against Dunn was there.

Maybe I'm horribly biased but the only one that was stiff aside from the Watts call was probably the HTB on Sidebottom. Treloar was also gone HTB and wasn't pinged but hey I have never blamed umpiring for a loss so I don't really take notice of it.

I watched the replay of the second half & I must admit we would be fuming if we were on the end of that umpiring. That video is a joke though. Sure it highlights some errors but it gives the impression there were no bad calls for Melbourne. Dunn's deliberate was so blatant whereas at least Bernie managed to disguise his better. Also I counted the seconds myself for the Viney & Watts set shots & they both started their runs within 30 seconds of their mark/free kick. Admittedly Collingwood had some non calls early in the third which were mistakes but then Melbourne got a bunch of decisions in their favour which were all correct calls & the Pies were hysterical from that moment on. ANB & Hunts tackle should not have been HTB in the context of the way the rest of the game was umpired. You could probably do a biased video like that for every game played.
Sometimes you end up on the wrong side of umpires calls like we were against the Kangaroos a few weeks ago. I don't blame them being filthy but it's not like it's never going to happen again & sometimes you end up being the beneficiary of bad decisions. s**t Happens. Move on. Some idiots are acting like it was a conspiracy. Usually with a conspiracy there is something to be gained. What did the AFL gain from a Melbourne victory? Do they take away the donations for MND if Melbourne lost?

It was but after watching the replay the chopping the arms against Dunn was there.

Maybe I'm horribly biased but the only one that was stiff aside from the Watts call was probably the HTB on Sidebottom. Treloar was also gone HTB and wasn't pinged but hey I have never blamed umpiring for a loss so I don't really take notice of it.

You think "maybe"?
With all due respect, (and I generally come in peace mods so don't hurt me) but if any of the following were on the other foot, you'd be spewing!!

1. Jordan DeGoey called for holding the ball and advantage. The call was ridiculous but the ball spilt out to you blokes anyway to kind of pointless. But then to NOT call Hibberd for incorrect disposal in the same passage of play..... WOW!

2. The Greenwood decision.... Absolutely no way that's holding the ball when it's instantly pinned to him and he's attempting to get rid of it.
3. The Sidebottom holding the ball. Again.... 9/10 times that's a throw in.
4. The two throws... One was scooped through the legs. The other was scooped off the ground to a teammate.
5. The Taylor Adams push in the back while kicking inside 50.
6. Straight after #5, Hunt is tackled and doesn't get his foot to it.... PLAY ON!

Please note that #2-6 all occurred in our forward half, with 4-5 points in it, in the last 3 minutes of the game, while we were surging.

7. The Hunt free kick + advantage where he ran past the player on the mark to gather the ball and play on. I actually laughed at that. 10/10 times that is called for "play has stopped" and the ball will be brought back behind the mark. Umpire seemed to make up his own rules at the time though.

There were a lot of HTB decisions in that video I disagreed with but you could argue that there were plenty of arm chops not paid (especially to our defenders.... DeGoey was impregnated at one stage but it called play on) so for them to pay the Dunn one was eye roll material. To pay Dunn deliberate but not Vince's... again... super inconsistent.

Stats show you blokes had 5 free kicks paid inside fwd 50 to our 1. 4 free kicks paid in the last two minutes of the game to our 0.

I realise we're melting pretty hard over on our board... It was a bloody tough loss to experience, especially with the stakes of a 6th spot up for grabs and the fact we gave up a 28 point lead but honestly.... Go back and imagine that all of those decisions (especially 2 to 6 + Hunts advantage) went against you and for us and you'll understand how we feel.

I also started a thread regarding the QB fixture.
I don't think you should get the home game every year (and therefore the gate). It was set up years ago while you were struggling and I see no reason for us not to share the takings. To be honest, I'd prefer Essendon to take our place. It would make a lot more sense given the Daniher aspect.

TL/DR: Screw you guys, i'm going home! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back