Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Another pearl of wisdom from an unbiased Pies supporter.

"That goal in the last quarter, that was paid "touched, yeah that was 100% a goal. I, and many others, were right behind that and we all knew it was a goal. Still haven't seen a replay not did it go to score review. Brilliant."

This is the same 'goal' that the television replay clearly showed Watts touching the ball at least half a metre from the goal line. Is it any wonder they feel robbed when obvious decisions like this are deemed incorrect.

Exclusive post match footage out on the ground

lvSythv.png

You think "maybe"?
With all due respect, (and I generally come in peace mods so don't hurt me) but if any of the following were on the other foot, you'd be spewing!!

1. Jordan DeGoey called for holding the ball and advantage. The call was ridiculous but the ball spilt out to you blokes anyway to kind of pointless. But then to NOT call Hibberd for incorrect disposal in the same passage of play..... WOW!

2. The Greenwood decision.... Absolutely no way that's holding the ball when it's instantly pinned to him and he's attempting to get rid of it.
3. The Sidebottom holding the ball. Again.... 9/10 times that's a throw in.
4. The two throws... One was scooped through the legs. The other was scooped off the ground to a teammate.
5. The Taylor Adams push in the back while kicking inside 50.
6. Straight after #5, Hunt is tackled and doesn't get his foot to it.... PLAY ON!

Please note that #2-6 all occurred in our forward half, with 4-5 points in it, in the last 3 minutes of the game, while we were surging.

7. The Hunt free kick + advantage where he ran past the player on the mark to gather the ball and play on. I actually laughed at that. 10/10 times that is called for "play has stopped" and the ball will be brought back behind the mark. Umpire seemed to make up his own rules at the time though.

There were a lot of HTB decisions in that video I disagreed with but you could argue that there were plenty of arm chops not paid (especially to our defenders.... DeGoey was impregnated at one stage but it called play on) so for them to pay the Dunn one was eye roll material. To pay Dunn deliberate but not Vince's... again... super inconsistent.

Stats show you blokes had 5 free kicks paid inside fwd 50 to our 1. 4 free kicks paid in the last two minutes of the game to our 0.

I realise we're melting pretty hard over on our board... It was a bloody tough loss to experience, especially with the stakes of a 6th spot up for grabs and the fact we gave up a 28 point lead but honestly.... Go back and imagine that all of those decisions (especially 2 to 6 + Hunts advantage) went against you and for us and you'll understand how we feel.

I also started a thread regarding the QB fixture.
I don't think you should get the home game every year (and therefore the gate). It was set up years ago while you were struggling and I see no reason for us not to share the takings. To be honest, I'd prefer Essendon to take our place. It would make a lot more sense given the Daniher aspect.

TL/DR: Screw you guys, i'm going home! :p
You forgot the goal you got from a dropped mark, Treloar having an air swing when trying to dispose of it with 2 minutes to go, Howe throwing it twice in the last quarter (one of them right where Watts kicked The Goal from - also with about 2 minutes to go). They all could have gone our way too and we'd have won by 4 goals, then we wouldn't be talking about it. You guys could have also, you know, held on to your 5 goal lead playing a team without a ruckman but sure, blame the umpires if that makes you feel better.

Hell, I had huge goes at the umpires after we were completely rorted against North (not that anyone in the AFL world said anything about it because hey, it's only dees v norf) but we lost that game because of a rancid first half. You guys made way more mistakes than the umpires did.

The Sidebottom one was just dead set correct, as was Greenwood's one. The only one where I think they genuinely got it wrong was the Hunt one, but we've all seen those situations where we all think play has stopped and yet the umpire calls advantage. The others you mention are 50-50 at best. Not howlers. If they were all clearly incorrect I'd sympathise but the fact is, they weren't.

The other poster had it right when they said 'from then on the pies fans were hysterical.' We've all been there, where you cop a few bad ones in a row and then all of a sudden you feel like every decision is a howler. Trust me, if you barracked for the dees, you experience this more than most. We play on Sunday graveyards. With umpires to suit. Welcome to our world

Last edited:
The umpires cheated.......simple!

Umpiring screwed us and we would have won if it was fair on the night between the calls that got Melbourne scores and the ones that we should have got to score from.

Both field umpires should be summarily sacked.

10 years of embarrassment, irrelevance, plus a team full of players who will probably leave (Hogan and Petracca the main 2 with reports they have 1 foot out the door already), just so you can win your Grand Final (Queen's Birthday)...

Things must have been really tough at MountBullaFC...

Busy night for the lads

Pies fans saying they don't want to be a part of the QBD fixture will be the same ones complaining when they get an extra away game interstate.
This.
Wicksy, you realise this is a guaranteed away game at the MCG for you each and every year?
If the Pies pull out, I hope they get fixtured to play Brisbane at the Gabba then off to Perth for West Coast.

Another pearl of wisdom from an unbiased Pies supporter.

"That goal in the last quarter, that was paid "touched, yeah that was 100% a goal. I, and many others, were right behind that and we all knew it was a goal. Still haven't seen a replay not did it go to score review. Brilliant."

This is the same 'goal' that the television replay clearly showed Watts touching the ball at least half a metre from the goal line. Is it any wonder they feel robbed when obvious decisions like this are deemed incorrect.
Moronic is the word I'd use.
"we were right behind it" - because that's exactly the point of view you'd be after when adjudicating whether a ball has crossed a line - moron.
"still haven't seen a reply" - so you don't actually know - moron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way to dress it up prettier.
It's a charity match for MFC.
A team of convicted draft cheats.
And it's time we stopped subsidising them.
Standard Collingwood attitude.

They get the home crowd and outnumbered us which influences umpires.
Classical.
Pretty sure there were another 20k+ seats available for any more Pies fans who wanted to attend but chose not to.
Very interesting thought given it's the home ground of both clubs, was not filled to capacity and their bases are literally a drop punt from each other.

Cellar dwellers and minnows livin off our celeb, been going on since the 20's.
Love this sh*t

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard Collingwood attitude.

Classical.
Pretty sure there were another 20k+ seats available for any more Pies fans who wanted to attend but chose not to.
Very interesting thought given it's the home ground of both clubs, was not filled to capacity and their bases are literally a drop punt from each other.

Love this sh*t
You left the name in on your third one.

And the first one made me laugh. Biggest club in the land 'outnumbered' by one of the smallest Melbourne clubs? Pack of sooks need to stop being bandwagoners

You left the name in on your third one.

And the first one made me laugh. Biggest club in the land 'outnumbered' by one of the smallest Melbourne clubs? Pack of sooks need to stop being bandwagoners

You know, we're supposed to hate Collingwood, but I haven't really been able to summon that up for a long time. I actually had some respect for them that they'd stuck by their club through some tough times and some dumb s**t (e.g. sacking MM for Bucks, the list 'rebuild'), hadn't cheated, hadn't complained. But I've never seen anything like this past few days before; so much angst over not even a handful of iffy decisions that shouldn't, but do, happen all the time. Now I see them exactly as your last sentence describes them. Not that they'd care what a supporter of a 'minnow' club thinks of them...

You know, we're supposed to hate Collingwood, but I haven't really been able to summon that up for a long time. I actually had some respect for them that they'd stuck by their club through some tough times and some dumb s**t (e.g. sacking MM for Bucks, the list 'rebuild'), hadn't cheated, hadn't complained. But I've never seen anything like this past few days before; so much angst over not even a handful of iffy decisions that shouldn't, but do, happen all the time. Now I see them exactly as your last sentence describes them. Not that they'd care what a supporter of a 'minnow' club thinks of them...
It's funny that they label us a minnow that doesn't deserve the time of day but then promptly lose their s**t when they lose.

Get a load of this almighty sook-fest.
Some fella has gone to the trouble of putting together a video :tearsofjoy:.

Unbelievable! That video is just gold

Lets leave out WHE dropped mark which led to a goal

The non HTB on Treloar and the stack of other non decisions

The chopping arms was definitely there against the Dunn - the other contact was made with the ball

My favourite part of the video was the part where Watts tackles Langdon from the side "No Push In the Back Paid", ball spills free, Bugg collects the ball and Aish rides him in the back into the ground and he states "No HTB paid"

The umps didn't determine this game

I watched the replay last night thinking I must've missed a few things at the game after all the carry on - I can't believe how much they are sooking

This was a classic, I can't believe the level of melt.

before you stop basking in your victory
I would refer you to the post on our board greenwood free kick and check out the video posted by 100 volt
All there recorded for posterity and does put the matter to rest
What's piss weak is your ill informed uneducated post now you have a chance to retake and maybe re shape your opinion.
You won't though , too hard to admit
Look take the win congrats
But if you , your mate Tim or any other supporter of ANY team thinks things are kosher
Well
No wonder ABBOTT got in

This was a classic, I can't believe the level of melt.

before you stop basking in your victory
I would refer you to the post on our board greenwood free kick and check out the video posted by 100 volt
All there recorded for posterity and does put the matter to rest
What's piss weak is your ill informed uneducated post now you have a chance to retake and maybe re shape your opinion.
You won't though , too hard to admit
Look take the win congrats
But if you , your mate Tim or any other supporter of ANY team thinks things are kosher
Well
No wonder ABBOTT got in

Wow

I vigorously second this! Please somebody do it

6kFLyRZ.jpg

EDIT: This only includes posts made before or after each game. There were loads of posts from Collingwood supporters earlier on in the year as well, but I didn't include them. Collingwood supporters already accounting for more than 50% of posts in this thread.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back