Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfax might be possibly the worst rags ever to be published in Australia but at least they have their sports s**t sorted pretty well.

Haven't read the crap since 2006 when News Ltd dudded my late Father - a retired long time newsagent.

He (as were others) entitled to free papers but the head of circulation cancelled all deliveries to all retired newsagent as it was becoming too costly:(

Oh how I miss the Melbourne Truth from the 1950s - 60s.........the reporting was.............well, hard to describe really :D but way better than the current bumf from News Ltd.

Arrived at my Dad's house last Sunday and picked up the paper from the driveway and brought it in. "Here's your paper, Dad." "I don't get the paper!"

They must be chucking them away these days.

I had a subscription for years. About 18 months ago I cancelled it. Combination of a) it's crap b) I never got the chance to read it really c) we get them at work if something is desperately worth reading.

I would say that on 3 occasions since they have done the whole '1 week free' routine attempting to get me to sign up again. It is usually followed up with a phone call, which I say thanks but no thanks.

So Rucci has now done a complete backflip on the Boak saga to save face. I accept (and even encourage to a small extent) that jounos can have their own opinion in peices but SURELY after pushing this 'Boak leaving Port' agenda for so long, their has to be some action taken by the Advertiser to keep it 'credible'. Surely if they have any sense of real journalism left in that waste of paper, they would have to replace Rucci has chief footy writer. I would find it absurd that they could let him so blatantly push this agenda, making comments about it in every article he wrote, then when they find out he's completely wrong, they let him stay on in the current role.
As bad as the Addy has been, this (to me) is one of the biggest signs of complete loss of journalistic integrity left at that place.

So Rucci has now done a complete backflip on the Boak saga to save face. I accept (and even encourage to a small extent) that jounos can have their own opinion in peices but SURELY after pushing this 'Boak leaving Port' agenda for so long, their has to be some action taken by the Advertiser to keep it 'credible'. Surely if they have any sense of real journalism left in that waste of paper, they would have to replace Rucci has chief footy writer. I would find it absurd that they could let him so blatantly push this agenda, making comments about it in every article he wrote, then when they find out he's completely wrong, they let him stay on in the current role.
As bad as the Addy has been, this (to me) is one of the biggest signs of complete loss of journalistic integrity left at that place.

You answered your own question lol.

his crappy journalism is still selling papers for the crapvertiser though as plenty of port supporters will still buy it to see what crud he comes up with next and he's not writing anything bad about the cows so no-one is turning away from there.

I was listening to MMM for a few minutes yesterday and Andrew Jarman was throwing round a few rumours of crows players being sniffed at by Victorian clubs - David McKay, Ricky Henderson were mentioned - and Ricciuto is desperately trying to hose down the rumours. Jars is saying 'Well Roo if they spend all their money on Tippy's sontract - and he'll want big money - they can't afford to keep them'. Ricciuto is saying 'Yeah but if Tippett accepts what Adelaide is offering there is no problem'. I'm thinking how readily Ricciuto gives away Port players with no basis and no challenge from the jellyfish. And sure enough Dittmar yet again had nothing to say. Apparently the money was just going to magically stretch for everyone on the crows list, and anyway no one would ever want to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Collingwood can fit the ridiculous amount of talent on their list into their salary cap then there aren't many excuses for clubs not to be able to.

Might be a bit of an OTT statement, but no matter how much you hate them it's a pretty amazing effort if they do manage to keep a list comprising of elite midfielders (Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas), an excess of second tier star mids on the rise who could easily earn more at other clubs (Wellingham, Beams, Sidebottom, dare I say it Fasolo), one of the most highly rated key forwards in the game (Cloke), two of the best up and coming key defenders in the comp who are highly sought after (Reid, Keefe) and plenty of established senior players who would all be looking for every dollar they can get as they are in their twilight years (Maxwell, Jolly, Didak, Ball, Tarrant, Johnson, Shaw).

Whilst I always lol at the talk of dynasties on bigfooty, when you look at the talent assembled on that list -it's hard to see how they won't be contesting for flags for a very long time.

If Collingwood can fit the ridiculous amount of talent on their list into their salary cap then there aren't many excuses for clubs not to be able to.

Might be a bit of an OTT statement, but no matter how much you hate them it's a pretty amazing effort if they do manage to keep a list comprising of elite midfielders (Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas), an excess of second tier star mids on the rise who could easily earn more at other clubs (Wellingham, Beams, Sidebottom, dare I say it Fasolo), one of the most highly rated key forwards in the game (Cloke), two of the best up and coming key defenders in the comp who are highly sought after (Reid, Keefe) and plenty of established senior players who would all be looking for every dollar they can get as they are in their twilight years (Maxwell, Jolly, Didak, Ball, Tarrant, Johnson, Shaw).

Whilst I always lol at the talk of dynasties on bigfooty, when you look at the talent assembled on that list -it's hard to see how they won't be contesting for flags for a very long time.

Well Cloke is pushing for more money, not necessarily wanting to stay at the pies, and IIRC Reid was also thinking about shifting for more money. At any rate, Collingwood have the advantage that they get the most media coverage and the biggest crowds, so if you were a player who did not care about club affiliations, and didn't see much difference between earning 300k and 400k, the fact that you would constantly be playing in front of massive crowds in blockbuster games and getting plenty of media coverage would be more than enough to entice you to stay. As opposed to Port, where you might get a mention in a side article in the advertiser, with another player's picture instead of your own, and playing in front of crowds of 15-20k. Of course there is also the fact that they are strongly pushing for a premiership(s), it's no wonder people are willing to take a pay cut to be there.

Apparently the money was just going to magically stretch for everyone on the crows list, and anyway no one would ever want to leave.

Just ask Davis, Maric, Gunston and Armstrong. And while you're at it, ask Butcher, Trengove, Carlile, Gray and seemingly Boak whether anyone would want to stay at Port Adelaide.

Not Port related, but definitely Advertiser and shakes head.
Listening to the local radio today and the news come on and that $1.5million North Adelaide fire was mentioned. The local reader said 'such and such' from the Advertiser is there and crosses to them.

He carries on about the cost and the recent renovations etc. as you do. The shakes head moment was this gem he finished with, "actually there was some further work planned next weekend, but that's now been put in the backburner."

I'm mean really!

Not Port related, but definitely Advertiser and shakes head.
Listening to the local radio today and the news come on and that $1.5million North Adelaide fire was mentioned. The local reader said 'such and such' from the Advertiser is there and crosses to them.

He carries on about the cost and the recent renovations etc. as you do. The shakes head moment was this gem he finished with, "actually there was some further work planned next weekend, but that's now been put in the backburner."

I'm mean really!

Thats not even funny, who the heck thought of that line?

Can someone summarise the back page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back