General Bombers Talk The NEC Hangar

Remove this Banner Ad

So apparently we're looking to expand our facilities. I can only assume this is a 'when it is financially viable' type scenario.

XC mentioned Women's Footy, Next Generation Academy and Hall of Fame as areas for expansion, plus VFL change rooms, women's change rooms and proper lighting on the ovals for night training.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-05-03/dons-keen-to-expand-base

Surely the BF accounting geniuses will be all over this - I mean, EFC are broke, aren't they???!??!?!

Yeah. Sounds like a 'strong' presence of the corporate entity, rather than the football club.

Even ASAP would be a few years off, there are clubs with provisional licenses or whatever they're called that will get teams before we will, and they may not be until 2019 or something. I imagine we'll have a VFL level women's team sooner rather than later though (haha my ignorance, I don't even know what that league is called).
VFLW

Pazza is spot on with his post - Makes sense that WH continues to be used as a footy field.

Know a few contacts in the EDFL.

Whilst their finals have been there for years, it is only recently that they moved their administration there as well as a full-time umpires training base.

Part of it will be using Windy Hill to host Inter-League matches.
Much like the VAFA has with Elsternwick Park..and the EFL is hoping to do with Bayswater Oval, having Windy Hill as a show case venue will be an attractive proposition, compared to some of the facilities at EDFL grounds currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, well maybe we should address population growth rather than continuing to exhaust the earths resources!

But that's a discussion for another forum:)
It's more that people want to live more central and not everyone can have their own block of land within walking distance of the CBD.

I'm beginning to wonder where the club's focus is? For a team which hasn't won a final since 2004, they seem to have lots of lofty plans. Where is the hunger to win a premiership or even play finals footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back