• Milwaukee - I have faith in Doc Rivers

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • New York - it turns out Thibs was the hero NY needed

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • OKC - after stealing a franchise, stealing a title is nothing

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Minnesota - Winter is coming

• Phoenix - Luxury tax? What luxury tax?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Clippers - The world needs a Harden vs Morey postscipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers - Never bet against the whistle

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

East is weak but Celtics without Porzingis probably lose to Mavs but with a fit Porzingis I think they will win since he gives the others so much more space to score.
Jrue is the one player on Earth who can shut out Irving. Feel White/Brown can rotate and chuck some different looks at Luka.

Just think it’s a bad matchup for Dallas for that reason

Now i will be first to admit i have not seen a lot of T Wolves games, but watching the play -offs how did Gobert get defensive player of the year, he looks ordinary defensively.

Depends who hes up against. He cant do shit against two iso heavy superstars nor support who can shoot 3s or find space to dunk on him.

We are 23-7 vs west teams most on here have no idea about that.

They talk more as if we have a 15-15 record.

Yep looks don’t get me wrong the west was definitely stronger but can we not pretend Boston aren’t an elite side. 23-7 home and away against the “stronger” half if you want to put it this way. Assuming Porzingas plays struggle to see how a side is beating Boston over 7 as they are not losing both games away and it means you have to take 2 in Boston. That’s a big ask

:(

Completely different team. I don't know what's happened.
Playoffs pressure and tactical changes.

First time team in the playoffs and to have come this far just inexperience.

Growing pains that is all, I expect Minny to be back challenging next season.

Jrue is the one player on Earth who can shut out Irving. Feel White/Brown can rotate and chuck some different looks at Luka.

We've got the athleticism over Dallas.

Just watch them try and go after Horford because he is the only weak match up for them.

They can only do that so much before it turns to shit.

Probably right but Luka probably still scores easily. Then it comes down to rebounding/second chance pts, which will determine the match. Without a fit Porzingis they will struggle and with him I think they prob get it done.

This is amazing by the Mavs.

Unfortunately I think its as far as they get, though I hope I'm wrong. They've been beaten pretty soundly beaten by Boston in the regular season. Have to rely on an epic choke if Dallas are to become champs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got the athleticism over Dallas.

Just watch them try and go after Horford because he is the only weak match up for them.

They can only do that so much before it turns to shit.
Cant see that working in the sense Celtics have better help defense then that.

I think Jaylen Brown underrated as a defender too. Just because he doesnt have to do it at all during the season doesnt mean he cant do it. Same as Luka in that sense.

A big difference between being bad at something and just never doing it

Both teams know the game plan to win. If defence is tight for both sides and the game becomes iso heavy then Dallas win. I trust Luka/Irving iso over Tatum/Brown anyday.

If Celtics manage to get a high scoring open game, then they will put up massive numbers and will win like in regular season.

Cant see that working in the sense Celtics have better help defense then that.

I think Jaylen Brown underrated as a defender too. Just because he doesnt have to do it at all during the season doesnt mean he cant do it. Same as Luka in that sense.

A big difference between being bad at something and just never doing it

Also feel Boston have a better support cast to Tatum. Any has been dreadful this series but he has no support offensively. Tatum can be mediocre he still has White and Brown who can go off.

Put it this way for neutrals it’s better with Dallas in the series as Luka and Kyrie are better to watch anyway

Horford needs to play 15 mins a night max.

Can't rotate. Can't protect the rim. A terrible switch for either Kyrie or Luka.

Mavs will roast him.
He will be nowhere near the switch for either Kyrie or Luka. Not like Horford is going to come out of the paint to stop Gafford from hitting a knock down 3.

Gobert only one who comes out for that switch and thats cos he is a crap decision maker

This is amazing by the Mavs.

Unfortunately I think its as far as they get, though I hope I'm wrong. They've been beaten pretty soundly beaten by Boston in the regular season. Have to rely on an epic choke if Dallas are to become champs.
They didn't have Gaff/PJ for the first game, they are a completely different team since the trade deadline. Boston are favourites but the Mavs have been told that every round of the play offs so far.

He will be nowhere near the switch for either Kyrie or Luka. Not like Horford is going to come out of the paint to stop Gafford from hitting a knock down 3.

Gobert only one who comes out for that switch and thats cos he is a crap decision maker
Sure but that also relies on the defender guarding Luka being able to fight through those screens he sets otherwise Luka and Kyrie are going to cook them.

It's a shame Kleber won't be back for them because he could have given them a really different look.

They will run 5,000 pick and rolls involving whoever Horford is playing on.

No wait, 10,000 pick and rolls.

Horford can't switch. Can't guard the ball. And can't guard the roller.

He gonna get cooked.

Sure but that also relies on the defender guarding Luka being able to fight through those screens he sets otherwise Luka and Kyrie are going to cook them.

It's a shame Kleber won't be back for them because he could have given them a really different look.
Oh this is my point. I think White/Brown can fight through the screens and why its a good matchup. White especially. I dont think many better in the league then White at doing that

They will run 5,000 pick and rolls involving whoever Horford is playing on.

No wait, 10,000 pick and rolls.

Horford can't switch. Can't guard the ball. And can't guard the roller.

He gonna get cooked.
Maybe but by 3rd qtr Luka gonna be absolutely buggered physically. He isnt going to get past the 1st screen this easily vs Celtics

In saying this its 100% certain Porzingis will be back so probably a null point all up

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The official 2024 NBA Playoffs thread - no tankers allowed

Back