• Milwaukee - I have faith in Doc Rivers

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • New York - it turns out Thibs was the hero NY needed

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • OKC - after stealing a franchise, stealing a title is nothing

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Minnesota - Winter is coming

• Phoenix - Luxury tax? What luxury tax?

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Clippers - The world needs a Harden vs Morey postscipt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakers - Never bet against the whistle

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be nowhere near the switch for either Kyrie or Luka. Not like Horford is going to come out of the paint to stop Gafford from hitting a knock down 3.

Gobert only one who comes out for that switch and thats cos he is a crap decision maker
You can't just give Luka walks into the midrange though. He'll become even more automatic from there if you make it that easy.

Oh this is my point. I think White/Brown can fight through the screens and why its a good matchup. White especially. I dont think many better in the league then White at doing that
They can fight through the screens as much as they want but it won't stop Luka putting them in jail.

McDaniels is one of the best in the league at navigating screens and Luka just destroyed him.

They can fight through the screens as much as they want but it won't stop Luka putting them in jail.

McDaniels is one of the best in the league at navigating screens and Luka just destroyed him.
White > McDaniels as far as matching up on Luka. Another aspect is McDaniels a bit alone. Jaylen Brown can also switch onto Luka which makes a big difference

Sure but that also relies on the defender guarding Luka being able to fight through those screens he sets otherwise Luka and Kyrie are going to cook them.

It's a shame Kleber won't be back for them because he could have given them a really different look.

It’s a small sample size but Boston belted them in the second matchup. Wasn’t that long after the trade though, it’s obvious how much better both fit in now.

It’s a small sample size but Boston belted them in the second matchup. Wasn’t that long after the trade though, it’s obvious how much better both fit in now.

From January's game;

Yeah Gafford was still struggling to adapt and PJ was horrendous on offence early.

I think it will be a good series, a stacked team coming up against a team with an all time great player and team that knows its role around him.

I still think Celtics are deserved favourites but after this run i am not sure how people can continue writing off the Mavs.

Yeah Gafford was still struggling to adapt and PJ was horrendous on offence early.

I think it will be a good series, a stacked team coming up against a team with an all time great player and team that knows its role around him.

I still think Celtics are deserved favourites but after this run i am not sure how people can continue writing off the Mavs.
Is anyone writing them off? I see more talk about how much Big Al will concede in here than anything else.

Is anyone writing them off? I see more talk about how much Big Al will concede in here than anything else.
Been a few mentioning they think this is as far as they will go, more talking broadly though than just on big footy.

Been a few mentioning they think this is as far as they will go, more talking broadly though than just on big footy.
Not really writing them off, though. As a Celtics fan, as soon as the first round was done I knew who I wanted to play from the West should we come to the Finals. We always wanted the Mavs, but not because we were guaranteed a chip, but because they were the team that we matched up on the best. Now I hope we win tomorrow then the Wolves get a couple of wins on the trot but yeah, still don't feel that's writing them off.

White > McDaniels as far as matching up on Luka. Another aspect is McDaniels a bit alone. Jaylen Brown can also switch onto Luka which makes a big difference
Agreed Brown can switch, but we were talking about the Luka & Gaff/Lively pnr with Horford in drop coverage so that's kinda irrelevant.

If White is better than Jaden on Luka (big if), it's only marginal. The types that can somewhat slow him down are the weighty/strong ones. It's why Dort and Mann did relatively OK on him. They're around the 100 keg mark. White/Jaden are mid 80s. White is way shorter than Jaden too.

I don't really see how White is better than Jaden for Luka tbh. Jrue would actually be way more effective.

Not really writing them off, though. As a Celtics fan, as soon as the first round was done I knew who I wanted to play from the West should we come to the Finals. We always wanted the Mavs, but not because we were guaranteed a chip, but because they were the team that we matched up on the best. Now I hope we win tomorrow then the Wolves get a couple of wins on the trot but yeah, still don't feel that's writing them off.
I think you're putting way too much credence into Mavs regular season performances.

Celtics rightful favourites. Best team all season for sure.

But Mavs have gone up several levels in these playoffs. It's going to be a long series if I had to guess. Celts might throw a game, and Luka/Ky will win one or two games off their own bat at least. I see a lot of Celts fans predicting a sweep online. But I saw the same stuff from Wolves fans, so 🤷‍♂️

Big question marks will be on the fitness of Zinger, Lively, Kleber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get this East is weak BS that gets thrown around here. Fully fit you can't tell me the mid positioned sides like the Suns, Warriors, Clippers etc are any better than the mid East teams like the Cavs, Magic, Philly.

I don't know off the top of my head results from other sides but I know New York defeated Denver and The Wolves this year quite easily so it's not like any of the top 3-4 seeds in the East are considerably weaker than the West. Boston are getting some unfair criticism here. They've had the best season by any club of any division and have earnt any kind of luck that comes their way.

I don't get this East is weak BS that gets thrown around here. Fully fit you can't tell me the mid positioned sides like the Suns, Warriors, Clippers etc are any better than the mid East teams like the Cavs, Magic, Philly.

I don't know off the top of my head results from other sides but I know New York defeated Denver and The Wolves this year quite easily so it's not like any of the top 3-4 seeds in the East are considerably weaker than the West. Boston are getting some unfair criticism here. They've had the best season by any club of any division and have earnt any kind of luck that comes their way.

Fully fit, absolutely those West teams are better except Philly.

East has 2 of the worst teams ever seen in the nba so that’s 8 easy wins for any serious contender in that conf.

West had 11 teams with 40+ wins, east had 8.

9th and 10th in the West both finished 10 games above .500….10! Whereas the east were 4 and 10 games below.

The top 4ish in each conf are both really good (probably take out Cavs and add Philly). From 5-10 is where the west is well and truly better.

Fully fit, absolutely those West teams are better except Philly.

East has 2 of the worst teams ever seen in the nba so that’s 8 easy wins for any serious contender in that conf.

West had 11 teams with 40+ wins, east had 8.

9th and 10th in the West both finished 10 games above .500….10! Whereas the east were 4 and 10 games below.

The top 4ish in each conf are both really good (probably take out Cavs and add Philly). From 5-10 is where the west is well and truly better.
Does it mean anything though when your talking about the top 1-5 sides from a conference? I know the East depth in terms of the bottom half being as strong but the top 4-5 that you would expect one of the sides you will meet in the play offs is as strong as the Wests.

Phoenix, and the Clippers would've been the 2nd best team in the East this year.

Boston have had an easy run, however it is entirely deserved as they were head shoulders the best team of the regular season.
Dallas have also been helped having Denver knocked before they would've played them.

Would never have picked 3-0. This team just keeps surprising everyone.

It's nice to have a sports team that wins some games.

Big Brother Friends GIF by Big Brother Australia

East is weak but Celtics without Porzingis probably lose to Mavs but with a fit Porzingis I think they will win since he gives the others so much more space to score.

Mavs just matchup too well against Timberwolves, like how the Wolves matched up against Denver
You can guarantee Porkzinger is playing if we make it

I think a fully fit Nuggets, Mavs, Wolves, Thunder is beating anyone in the East not named Boston. I think the Knicks, Sixers, Cavs types are more on a Pelicans sort of level.

Back