The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 9 Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not quite AFLW Conference level of disparity, but this is just happening season after season now...

Current win/loss records between conferences are:

West: 220-181
East: 186-225

The (6th in the West) Spurs would be equal 2nd in the East... The 9th placed Grizzlies would miss the playoffs in the West, but are equal for a home court playoff in the East!

It's not quite AFLW Conference level of disparity, but this is just happening season after season now...

Current win/loss records between conferences are:

West: 220-181
East: 186-225

The (6th in the West) Spurs would be equal 2nd in the East... The 9th placed Grizzlies would miss the playoffs in the West, but are equal for a home court playoff in the East!

The big 3 in the east are as good as the better west teams.

They next level the east is probably better too;

Pacers very solid.
Boston not bad when pull finger out.

Etc.

The Knicks and hornets around 500

Raps and heat have been smashed by the pandemic and are better teams that the win/L shows.

Magic got almost it's starting 5 out

The spurs are a nothing team. Ditto warriors this season. I am not convinced by Portland but could be wrong. The bottom half of the west is rubbish currently
Keep drawing...

Pacers very solid.

Etc.

That might be so, but it's not really the point I was making... Because the conferences are overall so lopsided, the Eastern teams can cruise to not just a playoff spot, but also a home court playoff spot. The Sixers have lost 3 in a row and could probably lose another 5 in a row & still get home court advantage in the playoffs. Meanwhile, in the West, a team could lose 3 in a row & drop from say 4th to all the way out of the playoffs. The Knicks are 6th in the East ffs.

That might be so, but it's not really the point I was making... Because the conferences are overall so lopsided, the Eastern teams can cruise to not just a playoff spot, but also a home court playoff spot. The Sixers have lost 3 in a row and could probably lose another 5 in a row & still get home court advantage in the playoffs. Meanwhile, in the West, a team could lose 3 in a row & drop from say 4th to all the way out of the playoffs. The Knicks are 6th ffs.

The Knicks have the best d in the nba..

They are playing alright

Absolute rubbish.

7 of top 19 from West including the top 4
6 of the bottom 10 from Least.
Similar result in Bleacher.

That's nice I'm just giving my opinion Milwaukee. Philadelphia. Brooklyn are at least as good if they have their players fit.

The pacers are very solid.

Boston. Miami. Toronto. Are better than they have shown.

There is a lot of upside in the like of young. Barrett. Lamelo. Issac. Etc

That's nice I'm just giving my opinion Milwaukee. Philadelphia. Brooklyn are at least as good if they have their players fit.

The pacers are very solid.

Boston. Miami. Toronto. Are better than they have shown.

There is a lot of upside in the like of young. Barrett. Lamelo. Issac. Etc
Of course there is and those arguments make sense. Right now, and in the immediate past, the Bestern Conference is better than the Least.

Pacers very solid.

Etc.
So for example Phoenix have beaten all of these teams, except Brooklyn whom they play tomorrow. Have also beaten Utah.

Outside of the la teams the west is dodgy.

Like shaq says utah is overrated.

Phoenix maybe a good team probably not

It's gets more suss the further down you go
Now you say Phoenix is probably not a good team which doesn’t really add credit to your argument about the strength of the East.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So for example Phoenix have beaten all of these teams, except Brooklyn whom they play tomorrow. Have also beaten Utah.

Now you say Phoenix is probably not a good team which doesn’t really add credit to your argument about the strength of the East.

I like the suns but jury still out if they are a meme team or good. That they are the 4th best team in the west is a worry

Outside of the la teams the west is dodgy.

Interesting proposition. Let's see where you're going with this...

Like shaq says utah is overrated.

You're basing this on... Shaq? That's the 'analyst' you're going with?

Phoenix maybe a good team probably not

As they say in maths, show your working.

It's gets more suss the further down you go

That's not the only thing that's "suss" around here...

Here on the basketball board, we are a close knit family. We are there for each other when the free throw count is against us, when questions like “do you even basketball?” are posed and of course we are there to mediate when posters bounce menacingly towards each other.

So it’s in this spirit that I put out a call to our missing Celtics fans
Elmer_Judd
Memphis
Bostonian
Jack Richards
srobbo

Please let us know you’re alright. This is a safe space.

Yours in basketball,

L2M4G
Appreciate the concern tbh I have been MIA on all my usual threads i attend, been caught up with work, uni etc but nonetheless yes we are doing sh*t atm most likely will lose to the nuggets today so waiting for a lifetime for ainge to use that 28mil exception but seems unlikely to happen.

Appreciate the concern tbh I have been MIA on all my usual threads i attend, been caught up with work, uni etc but nonetheless yes we are doing sh*t atm most likely will lose to the nuggets today so waiting for a lifetime for ainge to use that 28mil exception but seems unlikely to happen.
Good on you mate. We appreciate the check in.

Your posting history confirms your absence from the site.
Well done on turning up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back