Competitions The Pieman 2021 - with a difference!

Changing mine.

Weightman
English
Smith (B)
Treloar
Weightman
again

Because that makes WEST W and that's what I want us to do
Seems as good a method as any!
Liber, Treloar, Hannan, Weightman and Schache pls.
RandomDog's picks:

Williams x 2, Vandermeer, Wood, Bontempelli
Seems like it's a Kelvin or bust.
dogwatch picks:

Liberatore, Treloar, Bont, Naughton, Weightman
Naughton, Weightman, Bont, VDM, Dunkley
Naughton
Weightman
Hannan
Bont
Schache
Flea, AstroNaught, English, Schache and Libba
Weightman, VDM, Treloar, Dale, Bont
Schache
Liberatore
Treloar
Weightman
English
Treloar VDM Schache weightman hannan
English/2
Treloar
Hannan
Smith R

Thanks, mate

Done.

1630730305152.png

Macrae
Macrae
Macrae
Daniel
Libba
English x2, Schache x2, Naughton
Weightman
Treloar
English
Bont
Schache
2x Vandermeer
1x Naughton, English, Schache
Fk it, staying with my selections. Goose egg or glory
English x2, Bont, Hannan, VDM
English Weightman Hannan treloar young

Done.
Also have received a private selection from ossie_21.

1630744278560.png

PIEMAN RESULTS Semi-Final v Brisbane

What a cracking game that was! And the one-point win keeps the Pieman alive for another week. The excitement wasn't just at the Gabba either. Plenty happening on the Pieman front.

Substitutes

No Pieman substitutes needed this week. Thankfully Caleb didn't have to be withdrawn. He played such an important steadying role and even launched a goal with a kick-in that took just two kicks to get to the other end.

Pieman Player of the Week

No surprises that Mr Ice-in-his-veins gets the award this week. His first ever 3-goal bag in senior footy. Libba was looking good with the first two goals of the game though.

Highest score possible was 335 if you had picked 3x BSmith and 2x Libba.

1630845718344.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Josh Bruce's lead is finally under serious threat with Libba only 27 points behind. Another brace would put him in front. Baz also moved into contention with his 81 points.

1630845996634.png

The KELVIN

Some big scores this week. Some had Bailey Smith, some had Libba, some had both. One even had a triple Macrae PLUS Libba! There were 6 scores over 100 but at the other end there were 13 scores under 20. So that meant a wide spread of scores.

The top three were close but the Kelvin winner was ossie_21 with his double serving of Bailey Smith. jaxie1 nearly pulled off a remarkable win with his 3x Macrae and 1x Libba, while DogBites will be ruing Bont's many misses. If that Bont goal hadn't been overturned on review he would have had 201 points - comfortably enough points for the Kelvin.

1630847416466.png

The PIEMAN

For the third time in four weeks we have a new leader!

This week's Kelvin winner ossie_21 has hit the front for the first time all season. He has a decent margin of 70 points too, with no more than two games left in the season. Floridog has regained third spot but is over 100 points behind ossie. Snarls Barkley has dropped from second to fourth a further 14 points back. And weltschmerz has continued her steady rise up the leaderboard but might just run out of games to mount a challenge for the lead.

Don't forget you can send a private team selection to me by PM if you want. Just make sure it's in before match start time. I won't reveal your selections but I will (if there's time) announce that I've received your selection by PM.

1630848081006.png

And here's something different to pore over. It shows where you have ranked after each game this year.
Wocka clearly the most consistent, never lower than 12th.

1630848794816.png

Pieman Handicaps Preliminary Final v Port Adelaide

A few imponderables over who will actually run out and where they'll play. That's going to make it a challenging week to pick your five ...

1631195885859.png

RandomDog's picks

Schache, Macrae, Roarke Smith, Schache, Macrae

Pieman Substitutes Prelim Final

If needed, the Pieman substitutes will be applied in the following order:
  • Bailey Smith
  • Liberatore
  • Macrae
  • Johannisen
  • Hannan

Back