Competitions The Pieman 2021 - with a difference!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont, Libba, JJ, English, Naughton
2x Roarke
1x Schache, Naughton, English
RandomDog's picks

Schache, Macrae, Roarke Smith, Schache, Macrae
Shache, Treloar, Hannan, VDM and Hunter pls
change up for me this week please DW

Treloar x 3
English x 2
R Smith
Macrae
Martin
Treloar
Libba
All or nothing

Duryea x3
Stef x2
Dale x 2, VDM, B.Smith, Bont
Bont/2
Liberatore
B.Smith
Macrae

Thanks, mate
Schache, Hannan, Libba, Baz and Treloar
Hannan
Naughton
Liberatore
Vandermeer
Schache
Bont English JJ VDM roarke
Hannan x2, Schache, Roarke, and Hunter
2x Johannisen, 2x Vandermeer, 1x Treloar
Done.

1631343382655.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS Preliminary Final vs Port

A win for the ages. One that surely lays to rest the ghosts of Prelims past (if the trip to Spotless in 2016 hadn't already done that). Lots of goals and some HUGE scores this week. Plenty happening, and still one game left in this crazy season.

Substitutes

There were twenty carryover teams this week and Cody Weightman appeared nine times in those teams so they got the sub. In every case it was that man with ice in his veins, Bailey Smith. This turned out to be decisive in the battle for the Kelvin. Those who got Bailey Smith added to their team were: 54Bulldog16, Charlie Bucket (x3!), ScottyDogg, Sharkey66, StringyDog, theAthenian and X_box_x.

Pieman Player of the Week

No doubt about the PPotW. For the second straight week it was Bailey Smith (84). Mitch Hannan (45) and Roarke Smith (42) also put in strong showings.
The maximum possible score was 342 if you happened to have 3x Bazlenka and 2x Hannan.

1631376722867.png

Pieman Player of the Year

All of a sudden this has become a tight contest. No doubt Josh Bruce is biting his nails as he sits the season out. Bailey Smith's bag of 4 (his best ever) moved him to within 5 points of the lead. A goal in the Grand Final will put him in front. Unless of course Libba or JJ kick a few. Or Astro kicks 7.

Naughton's a chance to become the club's leading goalkicker too. He's only 2 behind the Juice.

1631376957829.png

The KELVIN

It's that man Charlie Bucket (affectionately known as "Doughnuts" in Pieman circles) who has taken out his third Kelvin for the year, more Kelvins than anybody else. He had a carryover team this week and inherited Bailey Smith x3 in place of the concussed Cody Weightman. And that was the ball game. All of his 252 points came from the sub!

This was pretty stiff luck for runner-up DogBites (234) who had been running with his carryover team of 3xBont and 2xBaz for quite a few weeks. A score like 234 would win you a Kelvin almost any week ... but not this one. The only other to crack 200 points was 54Bulldog16 (216) who also had Bailey Smith as a sub.

Despite us having nine different goalkickers (plus the medi-sub Scott) 54Bulldog16 was the only one to get the 20 point bonus.

1631377437577.png

The PIEMAN

Our leader ossie_21 didn't finish in the top 10 this week but he recorded a very solid 120 points all the same. The only ones close behind to take significant points away from him were Floridog who has moved back into second and Boyd oh Boyd (5th). Long time leader Wocka has slipped to third and Snarls Barkley is in fourth.

Those five are the only ones within 200 points of the leader so it looks bleak for the others in the top 10, although I guess a score of 250 next game (like Charlie Bucket scored tonight) would put them in with a chance.

There are only 84 points between first and third though, so that's probably where the real battle lies.

RandomDog looks to have the wooden spoon comfortably sewn up.

Don't forget you are allowed to send me a private team selection by PM if you don't want others to know who you picked. It must be received before the first bounce in the Grand Final though.

1631378089061.png

Sub rule needs work DW :p

That would be the only thing i'd change this season - otherwise its been great. Rollover teams are good, perhaps the sub could be players already in your team or is that too hard to work out?

Anyway, semantics...we're in the ******* Grand Final...AGAIN (can you believe it?)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Regardless of handicaps, this is my team for the grand final. I'm going for big game players.

Bont
Libba
BSmith
Weightman
Naughton

Pieman Substitutes for the Grand Final

If substitutes are needed for the Grand Final they will be applied in the following order (usual rules):
  • Bailey Smith
  • Hannan
  • Bontempelli
  • Naughton
  • Roarke Smith

Back