The Run Home - Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact:

North Melbourne has not won in Adelaide since August 2003.

Currently on a 9 game losing streak in the city of churches.

Pray for a miracle.

There is a typo somewhere in your fact.

2003 or 2013?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It could be this week that gives us a shot of deciding our own fate. If melbourne beat sydney, and hawthorn over geelong, then its back in our hands. Win all three and we come at least 8th.

The loser of Collingwood v Port can only then win 14 games, as you have got here.
But what you’re forgetting is, Port have a 4% healthier percentage and Collingwood 7.
If North are to make it, then obviously our percentage will improve after 3 wins in a row, and depending on how big the margin is in that Collingwood v Port game, there’s will drop.
Our main objective is to really win the next 2, and being the last game of the year we’ll know exactly what we’d have to beat St Kilda by, assuming Collingwood beat Freo in WA.
Another thing....GWS are no certainty to finish the year with more than 1 win, they have Sydney then Dees at the G, so 14 wins gets us above them.
Hawks can very well lose 2 of 3, or conversely if they beat Geelong then Geelong is limited to 13 wins.
West Coast can also beat Port this week, so Port can also finish on 13.
So many more factors.
It would take an amazing sequence of results to see North miss on 14 wins
20 point wins and losses in every game would see us still miss to PA by about 1%. I dont think its an overly amazing sequence of results, but its a specific set of results amongst multiple sets all equally as possible as each other if that makes sense. Bottom line is if we won 13 and dont make it we're ******* stiff, if we win 14 and dont make it we're real ******* stiff.
Either way we'll probably still be mathematically in play against St Kilda regardless, hopefully the team we are chasing is PA, Geel or Coll.

We've defeated Sydney in Sydney, Freo in Perth, knocked off West Coast, GWS (both in Hobart) and Hawthorn and racked up a bunch of other wins along the way. All things we've struggled with in recent years.

Plus apart from Melbourne, Port and the Pies, our losses have been hard fought, coulda shoulda affairs. We have genuinely been the "hard to beat" team that the song sings about.

We're currently debating whether we finished 4th or 10th or somewhere in between.

Methinks if we beat Adelaide in Adelaide, I'm gonna declare this season a success* and holster up for 2019 feeling pretty good about our prospects.

*Blah blah any season where we don't win the flag is a failure blah celebrating mediocrity blah blah blah...

Let’s not forget that Jon Anderson had us as candidates for wooden spoon the Monday after Rd 1

Let’s not forget that Jon Anderson had us as candidates for wooden spoon the Monday after Rd 1

As did every non-North supporter on Bigfooty.

Wait, they do that every year. Always wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact:

North Melbourne has not won *against Adelaide* in Adelaide since August 2003.

Currently on a 9 game losing streak in the city of churches.

Pray for a miracle

*Edit
Grogg, I liked this post not for the fact, but the miracle. Hope + great play = miracle. At least I hope it does!

I predict that we will have to beat StKilda by around 30 - 50 points to make finals in Rd 23....How?

Port lose to West Coast and Collingwood but beat Essendon in the last round.

We beat the Dogs, lose to Adelaide and then play StKilda.

Assuming believable margins and the above results North and Port will end up with a percentage of around 111-112 with only decimals separating.

:think:

I predict that we will have to beat StKilda by around 30 - 50 points to make finals in Rd 23....How?

Assuming believable margins and the above results North and Port will end up with a percentage of around 111-112 with only decimals separating.

Port will beat West Coast at home. No Gaff!

IMO we will get absolutely torched in Adelaide which will make it extremely hard

I hate that we may not make it to the finals, stoked on how far we have come from the predicted bottom 4 and spewing we wont get higher draft picks if we actually finished bottom 4 all at the same time

Its been a emotional ride for 2018 but I love the way North went about it this year

Very proud of the boys!

The Radelaide game is a danger game but meh, I was surprised with the -

Saints win
Hawks win
Swans win
Freo win
Dogs win
Eagles win
Lions win

And thought we played well enough with the-

Tigers loss
* loss
Swans loss

Which really only left the Pies blow out

So I am thinking that if we keep the season alive this Sunday the Crows game maybe another surprise from a team that wasn’t meant to surprise in 2018

this is irrelevant.

Should Gold Coast not play in Melbourne because Melbourne teams have been doing preseason in weather different to theirs?

Not arguing any of this.

Its not irrelevent imo.

Humidity and heat drain people during intense exercise, especially people who aren't acclimatised. It is one of those things that influences games - like a six day break and playing in Hobart one week and Brissie the next (end of July start of August). It does have an effect on players and teams. (The break they have between the Brissie game and the Dogs one should make up for it a bit tho.)

But I was specifically referring to the training conditions on the GC this year during the wet season (from late spring/late summer to autumn) where it was a lot wetter this year than Melbourne and the GC players had an opportunity to practice and train a bit of wet weather footy. I reckon that would have had more influence on that game than anything any coach did.

Its not irrelevent imo.

Humidity and heat drain people during intense exercise, especially people who aren't acclimatised. It is one of those things that influences games - like a six day break and playing in Hobart one week and Brissie the next (end of July start of August). It does have an effect on players and teams. (The break they have between the Brissie game and the Dogs one should make up for it a bit tho.)

But I was specifically referring to the training conditions on the GC this year during the wet season (from late spring/late summer to autumn) where it was a lot wetter this year than Melbourne and the GC players had an opportunity to practice and train a bit of wet weather footy. I reckon that would have had more influence on that game than anything any coach did.
So if it happens to be 40 degrees in a SA dry summer is it unfair for Brisbane to come to Adelaide and play in hot weather in round 1??

We play a national comp. saying one team has an unfair advantage because of the weather is just plain stupid. Your argument is a waste of time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back