Event The Season 30 All-SFA Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall Of Fame
1607333094194.png

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 22 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 28. Among this number are 5 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 13 - Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbenfuhrer, Fred, Deestroy, eagleskickass
Season 14 - rfctigerarmy, dougthelegend
Season 15 - Wally, Pie 4 Life
Season 16 - Broken, Tarkyn_24
Season 17 - Itsmyshow, ClarkeM
Season 18 - Frankston Rover, croweater 41
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth
Season 25 - Biggie, larrikin, ant555, The Filth Wizard
Season 26 - Dingster, Hate

Season 27 – loopy_cam

Season 28 – pantsredacted

Season 29 - DemonJim
Bold - denotes Immortal Status

In Season 30, there was a Hall Of Fame Committee, with one representative from each club, convened to discuss whether to induct anyone, and if so, who the candidates would be. Eventually, six candidates were put to a vote, where a minimum vote of 75% was required to accept the nominee into the HoF.

These six players were: JoshWoodenSpoon, Blacky , brahj , Kennedy Parker, fitzroybowiedog and sausageroll

The results were a closely-guarded secret, but I can reveal that the HoF Committee secret ballot voted Kennedy Parker to be the sole inductee into the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame for Season 30, with 8 of the 10 Committee members who voted, voting for his induction. There was little support for the other nominees, who will have to wait their turn.

Kennedy Parker has been a magnificent contributor to the Sweet FA. Debuting in S20 for the Swamprats as Close Contest, KP was initially a spammer of the highest order, notching near 200 posts in his first few weeks as a founder of the infamous Spamrats, but the hidden, inherent quality was obvious already to those of us closest to him. Over time, he developed under first spookism the Millky95, taking on leading roles within the league and was a calm, stabilising bedrock of the Sin City teams until he ascended to the Administrator position and moved to the Gold City Royals at the end of S24.

At the Royals, KP has also been highly respected, first for his work as Admin, then for his stats work and exploration of the possibility of re-coding the dilapidated sim. It is with much sadness that he has chosen to retire for the time being, but it is also entirely fitting that his first Grand Final is versus the team that he debuted with. Both S16 expansion clubs owe so much to his focus and creativity.

For the first induction speech, please give the floor to Blacky, longtime team-mate at the Royals.
"KP is the first player I would consider to be a “Royal” to make the HoF which is its own honour and one that he absolutely deserves.

Has been a pleasure to share the field and LG with him.

Some people seem to think that threatening people with violence or talking about drinking is tough, but it’s uncompromising posters like KP who are actually tough. Never seen him take a step back and everyone walks taller when he is around (even me).

Will always have a place at the Golden Throne"

Hall of Fame member The Filth Wizard, friend and team-mate of Kennedy Parker, has provided the induction speech welcoming him into the hallowed halls:
"It's no small honour to induct anybody into the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame and it's no less a smaller honour (fact check manangatang) to be able to welcome somebody like Kennedy Parker into such esteemed company.

Close Contest. Cloud. BigJoeD_. Cloud_... these are just some of the names either used or mentioned by Kennedy Parker in his time in the Sweet FA. He's had many fans in the Sweet FA, I count myself among one of the biggest ones. He's had some people that simply don't like him but the difference between you and I is that he doesn't care about those people.

Why is Kennedy Parker in the Hall Of Fame? He never won a premiership, or a Mobbs, or a beez, or a Fred. Three All-SFA's. Hell, he only just captained a club for the first time this season and that's because he "kinda wouldn't mind since I'm outta here f***faces" as he presented to the Royals LG this last pre-season.

It's hard for me to say this (and KP, this is doubling as my farewell post to you this season) but the answer is this... KP is the single most important poster of the last decade of the Sweet FA. When the mods and the admin of the league at the time (ie. Me and Blacky and Me) around S22/S23 needed a level headed diplomat to settle some league dramas and insert the ultimate impartial into a mod role there was only one choice. When Hate suffered the ultimate "tempus horribilis" in his admin season and needed a strong hand to take over, there was only one choice. His work as league admin was timely, relevant and necessary to steer the league back into the direction it needed. To a lesser degree during but definitely post run he then became one of the pure geniuses of media and became one of the most cutting edge posters we've seen.

In conclusion, I don't envy many in the Sweet FA but I envy Kennedy Parker. We've worked together for 8 seasons either as co-mods, committee members, Royals and I still know nothing about him more than I'll miss him once this season is done.

Congratulations on your Hall Of Fame entry KP. It is well deserved and you are ingrained in the tapestry of this league, where us really great players and Croweater 41 exist."

Congratulations to the 28th and newest member of the Hall Of Fame, Kennedy Parker. Here are his career numbers:

Kennedy Parker
Games: 178 (SCS 88, GCR 90)
Hitouts 112
Kicks 1372
Marks 444
Handballs 1226
Tackles 330
FF 201
FA 175
Goals 147
Behinds 93
Disposals 2598
DT 9983
W-D-L 82-3-93

Major Contributions to the league:

Served as primary statskeeper during Seasons 22 and 23 while assisting on the simming team as a game poster, moderated the board for almost 2 years from mid-S24 to mid-S27. As administrator streamlined simming and team sheet processes, successfully facilitated the return of State Of Origin after its 8 season hiatus, instituted a committee veto to strengthen checks and balances in league decision-making among other initiatives.

Achievements and Accolades:
3x All-SFA (S22, S23, S24)
S22 Frankston Rover Award
Sweet FA Administrator (S25 - S27)
Royals co-captain S30

In Season 13, the Sweet FA announced 6 inductees into the Sweet FA Hall of Fame. The subsequent addition of 22 inductees has increased the Sweet FA Hall of Fame to 28. Among this number are 5 Sweet FA Hall of Fame Immortals (there is a restriction that no more than 20 per cent of inductees may be Immortals). Individuals are selected for Immortal status if they have caused the game to change significantly for the better.

The Sweet FA Hall of Fame seeks to recognise and enshrine players who have made significant contributions to the Sweet FA – in a variety of roles – since the game’s inception in 2001. The committee considers candidates on the basis of record, engagement, integrity, character, service to the league. The number of games played or years of service is a consideration only and does not determine eligibility.

There is a restriction in place to ensure that there is never more Hall of Fame members than there are seasons completed.

HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
======================
Season 13 - Ljp86, boncer34, Mobbenfuhrer, Fred, Deestroy, eagleskickass
Season 14 - rfctigerarmy, dougthelegend
Season 15 - Wally, Pie 4 Life
Season 16 - Broken, Tarkyn_24
Season 17 - Itsmyshow, ClarkeM
Season 18 - Frankston Rover, croweater 41
Season 19 - okeydoke7
Season 22 - beez, Eth
Season 25 - Biggie, larrikin, ant555, The Filth Wizard
Season 26 - Dingster, Hate

Season 27 – loopy_cam

Season 28 – pantsredacted

Season 29 - DemonJim
Bold - denotes Immortal Status

In Season 30, there was a Hall Of Fame Committee, with one representative from each club, convened to discuss whether to induct anyone, and if so, who the candidates would be. Eventually, six candidates were put to a vote, where a minimum vote of 75% was required to accept the nominee into the HoF.

These six players were: JoshWoodenSpoon, Blacky , brahj , Kennedy Parker, fitzroybowiedog and sausageroll

The results were a closely-guarded secret, but I can reveal that the HoF Committee secret ballot voted Kennedy Parker to be the sole inductee into the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame for Season 30, with 8 of the 10 Committee members who voted, voting for his induction. There was little support for the other nominees, who will have to wait their turn.

Kennedy Parker has been a magnificent contributor to the Sweet FA. Debuting in S20 for the Swamprats as Close Contest, KP was initially a spammer of the highest order, notching near 200 posts in his first few weeks as a founder of the infamous Spamrats, but the hidden, inherent quality was obvious already to those of us closest to him. Over time, he developed under first spookism the Millky95, taking on leading roles within the league and was a calm, stabilising bedrock of the Sin City teams until he ascended to the Administrator position and moved to the Gold City Royals at the end of S24.

At the Royals, KP has also been highly respected, first for his work as Admin, then for his stats work and exploration of the possibility of re-coding the dilapidated sim. It is with much sadness that he has chosen to retire for the time being, but it is also entirely fitting that his first Grand Final is versus the team that he debuted with. Both S16 expansion clubs owe so much to his focus and creativity.

For the first induction speech, please give the floor to Blacky, longtime team-mate at the Royals.
"KP is the first player I would consider to be a “Royal” to make the HoF which is its own honour and one that he absolutely deserves.

Has been a pleasure to share the field and LG with him.

Some people seem to think that threatening people with violence or talking about drinking is tough, but it’s uncompromising posters like KP who are actually tough. Never seen him take a step back and everyone walks taller when he is around (even me).

Will always have a place at the Golden Throne"

Hall of Fame member The Filth Wizard, friend and team-mate of Kennedy Parker, has provided the induction speech welcoming him into the hallowed halls:
"It's no small honour to induct anybody into the Sweet FA Hall Of Fame and it's no less a smaller honour (fact check manangatang) to be able to welcome somebody like Kennedy Parker into such esteemed company.

Close Contest. Cloud. BigJoeD_. Cloud_... these are just some of the names either used or mentioned by Kennedy Parker in his time in the Sweet FA. He's had many fans in the Sweet FA, I count myself among one of the biggest ones. He's had some people that simply don't like him but the difference between you and I is that he doesn't care about those people.

Why is Kennedy Parker in the Hall Of Fame? He never won a premiership, or a Mobbs, or a beez, or a Fred. Three All-SFA's. Hell, he only just captained a club for the first time this season and that's because he "kinda wouldn't mind since I'm outta here f***faces" as he presented to the Royals LG this last pre-season.

It's hard for me to say this (and KP, this is doubling as my farewell post to you this season) but the answer is this... KP is the single most important poster of the last decade of the Sweet FA. When the mods and the admin of the league at the time (ie. Me and Blacky and Me) around S22/S23 needed a level headed diplomat to settle some league dramas and insert the ultimate impartial into a mod role there was only one choice. When Hate suffered the ultimate "tempus horribilis" in his admin season and needed a strong hand to take over, there was only one choice. His work as league admin was timely, relevant and necessary to steer the league back into the direction it needed. To a lesser degree during but definitely post run he then became one of the pure geniuses of media and became one of the most cutting edge posters we've seen.

In conclusion, I don't envy many in the Sweet FA but I envy Kennedy Parker. We've worked together for 8 seasons either as co-mods, committee members, Royals and I still know nothing about him more than I'll miss him once this season is done.

Congratulations on your Hall Of Fame entry KP. It is well deserved and you are ingrained in the tapestry of this league, where us really great players and Croweater 41 exist."

Congratulations to the 28th and newest member of the Hall Of Fame, Kennedy Parker. Here are his career numbers:

Kennedy Parker
Games: 178 (SCS 88, GCR 90)
Hitouts 112
Kicks 1372
Marks 444
Handballs 1226
Tackles 330
FF 201
FA 175
Goals 147
Behinds 93
Disposals 2598
DT 9983
W-D-L 82-3-93

Major Contributions to the league:

Served as primary statskeeper during Seasons 22 and 23 while assisting on the simming team as a game poster, moderated the board for almost 2 years from mid-S24 to mid-S27. As administrator streamlined simming and team sheet processes, successfully facilitated the return of State Of Origin after its 8 season hiatus, instituted a committee veto to strengthen checks and balances in league decision-making among other initiatives.

Achievements and Accolades:
3x All-SFA (S22, S23, S24)
S22 Frankston Rover Award
Sweet FA Administrator (S25 - S27)
Royals co-captain S30

First it has been the EKA and Rising Star every year since he started and now this. I demand justice for sausageroll!

Congrats KP.

I like Baz. Is that something I should be saying out loud?

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back