The Syrian War

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we should pay for his flight to Russia so that he can get a reality check, maybe he can start by voicing his opinion against the Russian government in Russia to see what will happen to him. The secret executions, the foreign interventions in foreign elections, yeah you know, they are innocent. Ignorance breeds ignorance.

Before he opens his gob and embarrass' himself again, can he atleast answer why do newspapers like RT never posts any anti-government articles when it comes to Putin? yet he is the first one to blame the US MSM for doing the same. Yep its called hypocrisy. Any tv/radio/news channel that shows anti-putin stuff is either executed or simply disappeared, so yes its bloody hard to find anti-Russian stuff here. Google, there's plenty of news channels that got shut down for reporting Russian government crimes in Ex-soviet countries.

Just ask yourself this, how can one person have net worth higher than the richest person in the world being a president of a country? not involved in dodgy deals is he? thats ok, his net worth is close to 100 billion while half of his country is struggling to make ends meet. Putin's crimes reported in the MSM will be shaken off by the usual suspects here, while they expect Russian media to report the crimes of Putin is laughable. RT is as corrupt as Fox news, reporting one side of the story only. Putins oppositions, protesters have simply disappeared or been killed, that includes members of his own party as well. All i ask for these posters (the usual suspects) to balance your arguments by posting 2 sides of the story, not one. Putin's manipulation of elections in Eastern europe and ex-soviet countries is well documented.
I'd just like you to balance this post out with some anti Europe and USA propaganda, just for balance. Ha ha . Is that too much to ask?

deir ezzor's about to be liberated by the saa (red). a small pocket of them had been surrounded and fighting off isis (grey) for the past three years. map is from about 6 months ago. saa have fought their way through the route below & about to enter the city. wowee.

deirezzor-palmyra.png

I'd just like you to balance this post out with some anti Europe and USA propaganda, just for balance. Ha ha . Is that too much to ask?
Show me where have i defended the actions of the West? i just don't buy the evil west and saint russia argument. I have criticised the West, i have accepted they are criminals. I have defended West from the argument that west is the only evil out there. If someone woke from a 50 year old comareading this thread you would think Russia was trying to save the world and US is the only country trying to destroy the world. Naive people making naive arguments as usual. What kind of a person says US MSM is fake and then quotes RT as an authentic source of news in Syria? as if RT doesn't do what US MSM does? they are both pro-government newspapers, if you are going to criticise one then you must criticise the other as well.. I take MSM (whether its CNN or RT) with a grain of salt anyway, its impossible to know the truth cause of bias.

Pro-government newspapers will defend governments from criminal activities and anti-government newspapers will never leave a chance to grill the government. Both have agendas. Conspiracy theorists get carried away with their NWO and anti-government agenda. While some points might be valid they often exaggerate to a point where it becomes ludicrous. Just go visit the conspiracy board.

Last edited:

Show me where have i defended the actions of the West? i just don't buy the evil west and saint russia argument. I have criticised the West, i have accepted they are criminals. I have defended West from the argument that west is the only evil out there. If someone woke from a 50 year old comareading this thread you would think Russia was trying to save the world and US is the only country trying to destroy the world. Naive people making naive arguments as usual. What kind of a person says US MSM is fake and then quotes RT as an authentic source of news in Syria? as if RT doesn't do what US MSM does? they are both pro-government newspapers, if you are going to criticise one then you must criticise the other as well.. I take MSM (whether its CNN or RT) with a grain of salt anyway, its impossible to know the truth cause of bias.

Pro-government newspapers will defend governments from criminal activities and anti-government newspapers will never leave a chance to grill the government. Both have agendas. Conspiracy theorists get carried away with their NWO and anti-government agenda. While some points might be valid they often exaggerate to a point where it becomes ludicrous. Just go visit the conspiracy board.

You have to love big government.........yet some actually advocate it!

Article from the Jerusalem post arguing that Israel needs to prepare the American public for war with Iran, Russia and Syria, because they have lost the Syrian war and Iran now exerts too much influence in Syria. Influential Jewish hawk author Eric Mandel advocates hitting Russian S-a batteries as a prelude to striking bases it accuses Iran of supplying Hezbollah through. Russian Rulette ?
http://m.jpost.com/Opinion/Why-Isra...ica-for-the-upcoming-conflict-in-Syria-504323

Article from the Jerusalem post arguing that Israel needs to prepare the American public for war with Iran, Russia and Syria, because they have lost the Syrian war and Iran now exerts too much influence in Syria. Influential Jewish hawk author Eric Mandel advocates hitting Russian S-a batteries as a prelude to striking bases it accuses Iran of supplying Hezbollah through. Russian Rulette ?
http://m.jpost.com/Opinion/Why-Isra...ica-for-the-upcoming-conflict-in-Syria-504323

The yanks are still bombing for them...And their still hitting Syria from within reach of the Golan Heights....This is just Propaganda nonsense.

Israel as the victim, when all of Syria, Iraq, Libya & Yemen lie in ruins.....Does anyone still swallow this BS anymore?

But ...but NAZIS !!!!

As the little Palestinian kid says in the movie "little Drummer Girl".....'We throw rocks at your soldiers & tanks & you call us terrorists for it, while you shoot & kill us with your guns & tanks & call yourself peace-keepers'.

Nuff said.

Appeals to fear?

LOL....Cheating of course.

Bush 2000 (Florida) & 2004 (Ohio)....Trump 2016 (Penn State, Michigan et al)....By Jim Crowing elections via a cross-check system.

And if that fails, then get a friendly neighborhood supreme court judge to rule out a bunch of eligible votes in your brothers district.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL....Cheating of course.

Bush 2000 (Florida) & 2004 (Ohio)....Trump 2016 (Penn State, Michigan et al)....By Jim Crowing elections via a cross-check system.

And if that fails, then get a friendly neighborhood supreme court judge to rule out a bunch of eligible votes in your brothers district.
Constant appeal to fear is more damaging if you ask me, it doesn't help raising strong confident, educated citizens.

Constant appeal to fear is more damaging if you ask me, it doesn't help raising strong confident, educated citizens.

A bit like the constant flooding of every media outlet currently over North Korea this, Kim Jong that, Pyong-Jang boo hurrah....The repetition & size of the full-court press is making me nauseous every time I see & hear it.

And people honestly still think that our Western MSM are independent.....FMD.:drunk:

You might be interested in this reddit post I stumbled across. Others too. It's from a guy who worked with the RT owned Ruptly.

[AMA Request] Someone that has worked for RT, Sputnik or any other Russian State owned media
  1. How much of your editorial stances were directed
  2. Were you privy to agendas the Russian State wanted pushed?
  3. Were your superiors Russian?
  4. What percentage of stories were you ordered to cover in a specific light?
  5. Did it feel more like working for a propaganda farm or a standard news agency?
I worked for Ruptly, the RT-owned video broadcasting agency in Berlin. I'm not going to do an AMA but I'll answer your questions:

1. Here is the thing, nearly every news agency is directed. You have superiors, who have superiors, who have an agenda. Yes, the tone of what we produced was directed - especially concerning Russian matters.

2. I worked there during the bloom of and the bulk of the Ukraine/Russia crisis - it was an incredibly insightful time. My colleague got a warning for saying that Russia annexed Crimea instead of the crimean accesion to Russia.

3. Yes, management was Russian. Editors and so were not. Mostly from UK.

4. Here's the thing - to sum up my time at Ruptly aka RT I would say as follows: we clearly were being directed from a Russian perspective on the Ukraine/Russia crisis. People might be surprised, but working for any news agency anywhere in the world is from that country's perspective. I found it shitty when covering the Ukraine and noticed the bias - it made many of us uncomfortable. At the same time, as someone who has had journalistic experience in the west and also in the Middle East I can tell you this: the coverage of RT on the Middle East was much more accurate than that coverage of most main-stream Western media. All the main ones are very clearly pushing their country's/continents agenda. Sorry to break it you.

5. Not a propaganda farm, no. As I've said above there were things were we had a Russian stance, but much of it was just normal news work without that pressure. I find your use of "standard news agency" somewhat amusing because, as I've said, this pressure exists everywhere. Things that weren't 'of Russian nature' were very fact-based and we had a lot of pressue to do our research. If something wasn't accurate and based on hard facts we got in s**t. But of course language (see example above) is not a fact and is up to debate... a tool used by ALL media outlets.
I just want to say that I think we should have a scrutinizing eye on news agencies like RT and PressTV (Iran) and that it is a positive thing to question information published on those news sources. At the same time I find it unforunate that we dont exercise the same scrutiny on our own media. They are often equally as biased. Do not accept what you read as a neutral truth no matter where you read it. Do your homework. RT is biased, yes, so is CNN and the BBC and the Guardian. Read RT and read CNN and read the BBC and whatever else - then do your research. RT has no reason to paint the US in a positive light concerning the Middle East, CNN does, and vice versa. Keep this in mind with whatever you read.

Reading reddit's Syrian Civil War sub, it appears the Syrian Army has cracked the siege of Deir ez-Zor and has linked up with its trapped forces at both the airbase and the Army's 137th Brigade base.

Yes, but....Iran still remains a threat says Israelo_O....Who have 300 nukes in their back-yard & the might of the U.S/NATO alliance on-tap 24/7.:rolleyes:

Please send more guns, rocket-launchers & people-killers....We need all these Arabs divided & killing each other en masee, on a daily basis.....'It's a thing of beauty to be sure', says Bibi & Jacob.

Hey, while all you guys are patting each other on the back for not accepting the media's stance, maybe remember that individuals are often even worse at propaganda. The sort of thinking that has become popular since the US election is still very under-graduate for mine.

There are several more things to analyse once you realise 'Media companies maybe biased'. i.e. ask 'why?'. That's easy with a propaganda company like RT. It takes a few more steps for the so-called western "MSM", but you should still think it through. Don't be lazy (eg. tl;dr).

The most obvious is that remaining close to govt sources gets them more stories, so they have that conflict. Then there is the more-often cited advertising influence. Most companies are happy to advertise amongst normal viewpoints, which is of course what mainstream media is. Start saying offensively wrong things like Alex Jones or Glen Beck and you'll lose advertisers. Advertisers pay many people's wages, but their actual interests rarely intersect with news reporting. It would only be on government regulation of business that they would likely have an interest. i.e. media companies who are advocating less regulation are more likely to be beholden to corporates, right? That would make sense.

But instead you see right-wingers mad keen to suggest ABC/BBC/Guardian/Fairfax are biased. It's never clear what benefit those companies are trying to gain by thinking poor people maybe aren't scum, or that all Muslims don't want to bomb us, or that regulation is handy for ensuring people don't live in apartments blocks that burn like tinder boxes - but that doesn't stop the constant cries of bias.

The anti-MSM sentiment in here is all about 'imperialist' style advocation of the interests of the West. First things first - there is no 'MSM' that is uniform. Those companies compete for clicks, attention, subscribers and advertising dollars. They don't collaborate. They are also all losing money due to the internet taking away viewers to things like Facebook, Amazon and eBay. Companies sacking staff aren't about to reject the chance to reveal a big news story, because they think a government will be unhappy with them about it.

So why is there bias as a nation? There are language and culture barriers, and of course viewers want to know about their country or city, because it has a greater influence on them and they on it, than the Middle-East. But language is a huge deal. We know bugger all about France, Germany, Scandinavia, Belgium, etc, because we can't easily dip into their politics and analyse it ourselves. We rely on translation. We also don't know much about Canada and New Zealand. Because they aren't seen as influential as the UK and US. The US and UK are rich countries, with a lot of influence, who are constantly producing 24 hour TV. They make huge amounts of English-language content. And so it is cheap to show it in our media. That's the main reason we see it. Not due to anyone's desire for brain-washing. And the more we see it, the more we're used to it, the more it is an easy choice for a media company to run the next time. More viewers, more demand, equals more money, and that's how the US has Hollywood, instead of some other country.

There is no need for grand conspiracies. You can choose the media you consume and how you consume it, just like anyone else.

There is no need for grand conspiracies. You can choose the media you consume and how you consume it, just like anyone else.

Funnily enough, I have no truck with your post other than this.....Your final premise & sentence....Which actually goes right to the heart of the Syrian issue & conflict.

Syria, much like Iraq & Libya before it, had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11 or 'Terrorism'....And yet, it is these independent Arab Democracy's that are being destroyed in the supposed name of 'terrorism', while the ACTUAL MSM CLAIMED perps (Saudia Arabia, Qatar, U.A.E & Jordan); remain ally's of the U.S, Israel & the West.....HELLO, THERE'S AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

And the fact that this clear & present absurdity & contradiction cannot be answered much less raised by all & sundry in the Western MSM, tells you everything you need to know about how complicit it actually is with the Israeli/U.S & NATO foreign policy agendas.

More than this still....It is these 3 entities that have now been proven to have been funding & arming the terrorist Wahhabi & Salafist cells all along, via their intel services in the C.I.A. MOSSAD & M16....Call it ISIL, Call it ISIS, Call it Al Qaeda.....Call it anything you want....All these groups are western funded & designed with the destruction of the Arab Middle Eastern world in mind through constant chaos through civil war & sectarian splintering.....Divide & conquer, as every U.S general learns at West Point through a study of Caesar & the Roman Empire.

You can argue & claim bias & propaganda on all sides of media until the cows come home Ratts.....But you cannot explain away the fundamental corruption, complicity & outright lies, that lie behind this inhuman invasion, destruction & mass-murder of millions of innocent lives, on behalf of the U.S war-machine & it's mates....And all of it, prefaced upon lie upon lie, upon deception, upon duplicitous evil malicious inhumane psycho-paths.

Just come out & say the truth loud & clear for Goddamn once Ratts.....It's all about the oil, it's all about Greed; & it's all about the greater Israeli State that was foreshadowed, even before the Balfour Agreement.

End of Goddamn rant.

Funnily enough, I have no truck with your post other than this.....Your final premise & sentence....Which actually goes right to the heart of the Syrian issue & conflict.

Syria, much like Iraq & Libya before it, had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with 9/11 or 'Terrorism'....And yet, it is these independent Arab Democracy's that are being destroyed in the supposed name of 'terrorism', while the ACTUAL MSM CLAIMED perps (Saudia Arabia, Qatar, U.A.E & Jordan); remain ally's of the U.S, Israel & the West.....HELLO, THERE'S AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

And the fact that this clear & present absurdity & contradiction cannot be answered much less raised by all & sundry in the Western MSM, tells you everything you need to know about how complicit it actually is with the Israeli/U.S & NATO foreign policy agendas.

More than this still....It is these 3 entities that have now been proven to have been funding & arming the terrorist Wahhabi & Salafist cells all along, via their intel services in the C.I.A. MOSSAD & M16....Call it ISIL, Call it ISIS, Call it Al Qaeda.....Call it anything you want....All these groups are western funded & designed with the destruction of the Arab Middle Eastern world in mind through constant chaos through civil war & sectarian splintering.....Divide & conquer, as every U.S general learns at West Point through a study of Caesar & the Roman Empire.

You can argue & claim bias & propaganda on all sides of media until the cows come home Ratts.....But you cannot explain away the fundamental corruption, complicity & outright lies, that lie behind this inhuman invasion, destruction & mass-murder of millions of innocent lives, on behalf of the U.S war-machine & it's mates....And all of it, prefaced upon lie upon lie, upon deception, upon duplicitous evil malicious inhumane psycho-paths.

Just come out & say the truth loud & clear for Goddamn once Ratts.....It's all about the oil, it's all about Greed; & it's all about the greater Israeli State that was foreshadowed, even before the Balfour Agreement.

End of Goddamn rant.
You say you have no truck with what I said, and then spout irrelevant stuff about the Middle-East as if it retorts the last line. It confirms it. You choose your media, and it appears to be one which treats you like you aren't smart enough to understand geo-politics. My relatively mainstream media (e.g. BBC, ABC, Guardian, US/UK-produced films and docos) have informed me of the Shia-Sunni conflict, of the Saudis on board the plane, Bin-Laden's relationship with the Saudis and the West and Afghanistan, the Al Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan, the struggle for success in Iraq and Afghanistan, the growth of ISIS, the issues in Syria, the civil war in Libya and the to'ing and fro'ing or NATO nations trying to decide whether they should intervene, and the problems since their (relatively minor compared to Iraq) intervention, the CIA role in toppling dictators in history, and the settlements built by Bibi's Israel, etc.

If Iraq was about Oil, it's kinda weird they got little oil out of it, and then started the policy of fracking and being self-reliant. The conspiracy hasn't checked out. You claim both that the west is trying to bring about "the destruction of the Arab Middle Eastern world" and that they are in cahoots with "Saudia Arabia, Qatar, U.A.E & Jordan". You claim it's a about "divide & conquer" yet the US hasn't conquered a thing, or divided anything to their advantage. Afghanistan remains in control of the Taliban. The loss of power in Iraq is largely seen to have benefited Iran. You spout about a "greater Israel State" when Obama was vocally admonishing Bibi for his settlements.

i.e. You talk bullsh*t.

Oh, and while there were more hints of what was going on regarding Russian interference in the elections, from the likes of Slate, or from MSM reporters directly asking Trump why he likes Putin so much, and what links he had, I got my confirmation of the influence of Russian propaganda not from the MSM, but direct from the source: People like you on BF; left-wingers and right-wingers that I know.

The MSM didn't make a big deal about such things because they didn't think Trump would win and didn't take him and his supporters as seriously as they would've had they suspected such a buffoon could win. I understand their position as his supporters were mostly kooks and KuKKs, but others like Michael Moore said it should be taken more seriously (he also, however, said later that he didn't think Trump would win, so he had a bob each way). Then Trump won, and unsurprisingly they paid far closer attention to what the hell had happened. Fake News, Russian influence, echo chambers. A sequence of events that I both witnessed first hand, and that is perfectly logical for them to take. But people like you and Trump supporters will instead say it's all MSM invention.

Reading reddit's Syrian Civil War sub, it appears the Syrian Army has cracked the siege of Deir ez-Zor and has linked up with its trapped forces at both the airbase and the Army's 137th Brigade base.
Now there's something of a race going on between the SAA and SDF to "liberate "as much land to the east of the Euphrates as possible, as its oil rich apparently, and will hopefully become a bargaining chip between Assad and Kurds, not a future battleground between these parties.

You say you have no truck with what I said, and then spout irrelevant stuff about the Middle-East as if it retorts the last line. It confirms it. You choose your media, and it appears to be one which treats you like you aren't smart enough to understand geo-politics. My relatively mainstream media (e.g. BBC, ABC, Guardian, US/UK-produced films and docos) have informed me of the Shia-Sunni conflict, of the Saudis on board the plane, Bin-Laden's relationship with the Saudis and the West and Afghanistan, the Al Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan, the struggle for success in Iraq and Afghanistan, the growth of ISIS, the issues in Syria, the civil war in Libya and the to'ing and fro'ing or NATO nations trying to decide whether they should intervene, and the problems since their (relatively minor compared to Iraq) intervention, the CIA role in toppling dictators in history, and the settlements built by Bibi's Israel, etc.

If Iraq was about Oil, it's kinda weird they got little oil out of it, and then started the policy of fracking and being self-reliant. The conspiracy hasn't checked out. You claim both that the west is trying to bring about "the destruction of the Arab Middle Eastern world" and that they are in cahoots with "Saudia Arabia, Qatar, U.A.E & Jordan". You claim it's a about "divide & conquer" yet the US hasn't conquered a thing, or divided anything to their advantage. Afghanistan remains in control of the Taliban. The loss of power in Iraq is largely seen to have benefited Iran. You spout about a "greater Israel State" when Obama was vocally admonishing Bibi for his settlements.

i.e. You talk bullsh*t.

Oh, and while there were more hints of what was going on regarding Russian interference in the elections, from the likes of Slate, or from MSM reporters directly asking Trump why he likes Putin so much, and what links he had, I got my confirmation of the influence of Russian propaganda not from the MSM, but direct from the source: People like you on BF; left-wingers and right-wingers that I know.

The MSM didn't make a big deal about such things because they didn't think Trump would win and didn't take him and his supporters as seriously as they would've had they suspected such a buffoon could win. I understand their position as his supporters were mostly kooks and KuKKs, but others like Michael Moore said it should be taken more seriously (he also, however, said later that he didn't think Trump would win, so he had a bob each way). Then Trump won, and unsurprisingly they paid far closer attention to what the hell had happened. Fake News, Russian influence, echo chambers. A sequence of events that I both witnessed first hand, and that is perfectly logical for them to take. But people like you and Trump supporters will instead say it's all MSM invention.

What a load of utter twaddle....I see you've swallowed all the media lies hook line & sinker, as a means to try & justify all this war....And still desperately holding on to the Russian hacking angle for all it's worth too.....Jeeeeezus.:rolleyes:

Guess what Ratts....It was all predicated upon a lie to begin with....Or don't you remember WMD?....Do I need to post General Wesley Clark's revelations yet one more time?....Even the pan-handling MSM admit to that one.....So where are the war crime trials for Bush, Blair & Howard?....The evidence for the complete obliteration of accountability & Democratic principles lies all around the Middle East & North Africa, & yet you choose to ignore it all, in hiding behind your pathetic, hoodwinked parochialism.....And Why?....Because you allow the mocking-bird MSM to do your thinking for you....That's why.

You go off hither & tither, all the while avoiding the obvious elephant in the room: These countries had nothing to do with 9/11 or terrorism. They are merely enemies of Israel & U.S imperialism due to their secularism in utilizing the oil for the betterment of their own people; & possibly growing stronger by it.

In sum; Your post is irrelevant deflection & rationalization attempting to legitimize mass-destruction, mass-murder & mass geo-political destabilization.....And all because our Aussie defense forces happened to be involved as well.

I've got news for you Ratts....Defense forces & the military are in the business of conflict....Intellectual giants they are not....They are not there to question the morality or not of what they do....They merely follow & obey orders, like the good little wind-up-toys that they are.

The beauty of Syria is that it has once & for all exposed the U.S govt & it's imperialist war-machine, for the war-mongering NAZI psychopaths they truly are....And this includes their NATO, Saudi & Israeli co-horts & their sundry intel agencies who are arming, training & funding all this chaos, by setting these Wahhabi fundies loose in order to do their dirty work for them....In effect, hiding behind proxys, duplicity, obfuscation, ambiguity & equivocation....An implicit admission of guilt in & of itself.

The dishonesty, lies & manufactured consent behind all these illegal invasions, wars & mass murder; Merely exposes the imperialist U.S war machine for the true evil that it is....It's build-up all around the globe, at the cost of it's own country's standards of living, is directly parallel in scale & reminiscent of the build-up of the NAZI war-machine.....And you can't even see it because you are so blinded by your silly flag, constantly waving in your face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back