No Oppo Supporters The TAN 72 - Politics, s**t talk and Equus' secret love for MAFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like trying different beers, however, I started a new job just down from the Dainton Brewery & Taphouse in Carrum Downs.
They make all sorts of different beers, even an Iced Coffee one!!
I drop in on a Friday for a pint of their excellent 3.5% Extra Session Ale before going home and the barman gave me a taste, nice.
Pretty expensive though.

https://www.dainton.beer/

Iced coffee beer. Now cmon. That’s just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

I don’t care for any craft beer actually. Just let beer be beer !

have you tried any of our beers ? Exit Brewing Before you say too many nice things I'm one of the owners / founders :)
Are you at the Bridge Road Bar?
The website looks good.

A slab of the Smoked Stout, please! :cool:
haha sadly no longer in production. Was a one off batch a few years ago. Was very popular too. i am however doing a free tasting tomorrow at the bar of our Scotch Ale though which has a little peated & smoked malt in it. Aged for 2 years and still tasting fantastic if i do say so myself :)

haha sadly no longer in production. Was a one off batch a few years ago. Was very popular too. i am however doing a free tasting tomorrow at the bar of our Scotch Ale though which has a little peated & smoked malt in it. Aged for 2 years and still tasting fantastic if i do say so myself :)
Long way to get there from Kingaroy , but will be down there during the year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the fascination with sours? Tastes like spew
Sour beers are massively popular you're right and I must admit I love them. Not all of them, but a lot. The traditional method of brewing sour beers dates back hundreds of years where the beers are spontaneously fermented with the wild yeasts that are present in the areas in which they were brewed. These are very well known in Belgium, where a particular few areas in and around Brussels still use this method today. These beers typically take 2-3 years at least ageing in barrels and some have fruit added to the barrel to develop a tart acidity to the beer. The extra sugar in the fruit is fermented out so also boosts the alcohol content in these cases. More commonly, most Australian breweries (including ours) who brew sour beers use a method called kettle souring where the lacto bacteria is added to the liquid. Most of these then have fruit added (we brewed a Passionfruit Sour earlier this year). they are definitely an acquired taste but are a great thirst quencher once you get past the notion of actually drinking a beer which is sour. Think if it more like a vinegary wine and it's closer to the mark. Although they are highly popular amongst the beer nerd population, they are still a niche product. We have brewed around 60+ different beers commercially in the last 5 years and I think only 2 of them have been sours.

Sour beers are massively popular you're right and I must admit I love them. Not all of them, but a lot. The traditional method of brewing sour beers dates back hundreds of years where the beers are spontaneously fermented with the wild yeasts that are present in the areas in which they were brewed. These are very well known in Belgium, where a particular few areas in and around Brussels still use this method today. These beers typically take 2-3 years at least ageing in barrels and some have fruit added to the barrel to develop a tart acidity to the beer. The extra sugar in the fruit is fermented out so also boosts the alcohol content in these cases. More commonly, most Australian breweries (including ours) who brew sour beers use a method called kettle souring where the lacto bacteria is added to the liquid. Most of these then have fruit added (we brewed a Passionfruit Sour earlier this year). they are definitely an acquired taste but are a great thirst quencher once you get past the notion of actually drinking a beer which is sour. Think if it more like a vinegary wine and it's closer to the mark. Although they are highly popular amongst the beer nerd population, they are still a niche product. We have brewed around 60+ different beers commercially in the last 5 years and I think only 2 of them have been sours.

Cheers mate.

Cheers mate.
no probs. from a selling perspective, the sour beers very much appeal to the person who says that "they don't like beer". Generally I find these people and wine drinkers really enjoy a good sour beer now and again which helps to explain how they have exploded in popularity the past few years

Plz tell me why victorian taxpayers have to pay for the Building industry Cladding fiasco?

We have an Australian Building Code, but then there are also Victorian rules and regs. The State Government is very happy to take stamp duty revenues though.
They can’t have it both ways. Maybe that $800 million Andrews wrote off could of come in handy now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an Australian Building Code, but then there are also Victorian rules and regs. The State Government is very happy to take stamp duty revenues though.
They can’t have it both ways. Maybe that $800 million Andrews wrote off could of come in handy now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why isn't it covered by insurance though?
At the time obviously the cladding passed the safety standard.Or even if it didn't but was used by dodgy builders why are they not footing the Bill?
It's crap that we have to pay.

Why isn't it covered by insurance though?
At the time obviously the cladding passed the safety standard.Or even if it didn't but was used by dodgy builders why are they not footing the Bill?
It's crap that we have to pay.

I don't disagree. I just find it a bit cheeky that these joints are allowed to be built and the Vic Govt and local councils benefit from the houses, and now Andrews is suggesting the Fed govt should chip in half. It's a state based issue from what i can see. The feds need to be focussing on the energy crisis we currently have and spend on dam infrastructure in NSW and QLD. Just how i am viewing it anyway.

View attachment 710146
I don't disagree. I just find it a bit cheeky that these joints are allowed to be built and the Vic Govt and local councils benefit from the houses, and now Andrews is suggesting the Fed govt should chip in half. It's a state based issue from what i can see. The feds need to be focussing on the energy crisis we currently have and spend on dam infrastructure in NSW and QLD. Just how i am viewing it anyway.
typical labour * up , want someone else to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back