The top 8 is set

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a quick look at Freo's after bye fixture, if they get on their bike in the second half of the season they'll finish 6th to 8th imo. Especially if they beat Brisbane today and honestly with Brisbane's record this year away from QLD, they should be winning it.
imgres-8.jpg

Hawthorn have a rough fixture for the rest of the season, including key double-ups against finals contenders in brisbane and west coast. Beating brisbane is almost worth 8 points.

also playing our second games for the year against geelong and GWS.

Also have to play collingwood freo and essendon once each

We are going to have to produce good wins consistantly(which we've been unable to do so far), especially against the better opposition to make the finals

If I had to predict the 8 id say

geelong
collingwood
richmond
west coast
gws
brisbane
adelaide
freo

St kilda
port
haw
ess

Brisbane have made us look stupid the last couple of times. And now that they're actually a top 4 contender they could potentially blow us off the park on Saturday with their quick ball movement. It's an extremely important game for us.

Fremantle-Hawthorn is an interesting period in Brisbane's season. Lose both those games and a home elimination would surely go begging. Both teams which they comfortably beat away last season.

Considering it's only percentage separating 7th from 11th, there is plenty of time for some movement in the top 8, the season isn't even half done yet.

The top 5 teams on the ladder atm are the only teams I'm confident will make it. Still three spots available for mine and I think there will be another change or two to the current top 8 by the end of the H&A season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may well be right , it is a bold call but a fair one .
IMO The top 5 are locked in and Brisbane look likely but with 12 rounds still to play and the even nature of teams 7-13 there is plenty to play out .

Had a quick look at Freo's after bye fixture, if they get on their bike in the second half of the season they'll finish 6th to 8th imo. Especially if they beat Brisbane today and honestly with Brisbane's record this year away from QLD, they should be winning it.
freo will either sneak in 8th spot or miss out finals narrowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back