The Training the House Down 2017 edition thread (2017 pre-season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With the majority of clubs getting down and dirty already we mustn't be too far away?

Very much looking forward to seeing a full Burton PS and hopeful Jaeger gets through and has a cracker.

Would love to see a few of our kids step up as they, well kind of have to!

Look forward to any reports the good folk who get down to training can post.

Great time of year!

Really interested to see if Jaeger can do close to a full preseason and be ready for Rnd 1.....even the pre-comp if possible. Anyone know the status of his injuries? Any chance of this happening?

Really interested to see if Jaeger can do close to a full preseason and be ready for Rnd 1.....even the pre-comp if possible. Anyone know the status of his injuries? Any chance of this happening?
Jaegar said he expects to be starting pre-season day 1 with everyone else. Nothing currently in the way of playing pre-season games. Remember he was back in full training at gold coast for a while, played some football and then got minor clean up surgery because he was getting sore. The recovery from that surgery was expected to be till about this week and then resume full training. I'm sure he will be watched carefully and held back if needed but unless something has changed and his recovery isn't going as well or he gets another different injury he is ready to go.

I had the worst dream last night about our pre season.

It was our 1st NAB game and Burton was playing forward. The ball came deep into the 50 and he took the best mark anyone has ever seen but landed awkwardly on his bad knee and couldn't even take his kick for goal and was seen on crutches shortly after and in tears.

Just for the record I have no history of having dreams that come true otherwise I would have probs won the lotto a few times by now.

It was our 1st NAB game and Burton was playing forward. The ball came deep into the 50 and he took the best mark anyone has ever seen but landed awkwardly on his bad knee and couldn't even take his kick for goal and was seen on crutches shortly after and in tears.

Just for the record I have no history of having dreams that come true otherwise I would have probs won the lotto a few times by now.
Now that you've put this online you better hope this doesn't happen

We're on guts watch with the Yaz...but jeez Hodgie is a bit little above par too. Assume he knows what he's doing tho. Runs on board and all that. But guts is hanging out right now.
Pics?

If this terrible event was to happen I would card myself and then delete my account.
I'd prefer a shameful rename and avatar that you had to post with until the injury healed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the Hawthorn twitter feed is posting a stream of photos of quite a few players lifting in the gym. And Schoenmakers is posting photos of him and his girlfriend riding bikes in Europe.

Does anyone know what's going on? Are players back working out or are the photos from previous years? If they're working out early then I think it's pretty instructive to see who's hitting the gym before the preseason stars. Scilily was posted today, by the way.

So, the Hawthorn twitter feed is posting a stream of photos of quite a few players lifting in the gym. And Schoenmakers is posting photos of him and his girlfriend riding bikes in Europe.

Does anyone know what's going on? Are players back working out or are the photos from previous years? If they're working out early then I think it's pretty instructive to see who's hitting the gym before the preseason stars. Scilily was posted today, by the way.
They aren't back officially, if players want to use the gym they can. I have no issue with them not coming back early. And it could be under instruction from the medicos in some players cases

They aren't back officially, if players want to use the gym they can. I have no issue with them not coming back early. And it could be under instruction from the medicos in some players cases

Undoubtedly. Players aren't due back until they are due back. I merely observed that it was instructive.

Undoubtedly. Players aren't due back until they are due back. I merely observed that it was instructive.
Possibly, meant more that some will stay away until.they have to come back and some might be told to stay away, and vice versa.

Sometimes the break is necessary too mentally

Possibly, meant more that some will stay away until.they have to come back and some might be told to stay away, and vice versa.

Sometimes the break is necessary too mentally

I can see you think it wise for me to take a more reasoned approach to my conclusions. I stubbornly resist. :)

Would have preferred you kept this to yourself. Anyway it's footy. Can happen to anyone at anytime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back