Toast The Ultimate Trophy Cabinet

Remove this Banner Ad

Well as a very simple comparison some guy who has won a club Best and Fairest (9pts), an All Australian(9pts) and a Coleman(9pts) for one good season could rank higher than a bloke who had won 5 premierships (5pts) over the course of his career. Im pretty sure that doesn't make any sense.
And someone given legend status who had never won a flag would beat both of your scenarios.

You can disagree with their system but it's obviously designed to weight achievements celebrating the individual higher.

I would rather be Jonathan Simpkin than Brendan Fevola or even Scott West.

Yep, individual awards are fine, but it’s a team sport, and the Hawks are always a “team first” club. The ultimate aim is to win a premiership.

And even more premierships!

They gave Hodge an AFLPA Player of the Year. Can anyone tell me what year it was? The AFLPA site says he never won it....

Blunder?

OP updated with the list so far and links to the articles
all that is left is the top four
Names like Dunstall, Tuck, Matthews, Crawford and Parkin all absent from the list so far but only room for four of them

Personally I wouldn't be suprised if it went
4 Parkin/Crawf (Legend vs B&F tall plus Crawf has more games as Captain)
3 Dunstall
2 Tuck
1 Matthews

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you'd think so
I was looking yesterday at Dunstall's cv, you kind of forget how good he was
6 seasons kicking 100 goals, 4 PCM, 3 Coleman medals etc

Only two All australians is amusing, even if they only really started in 1991.
Just proves how much a BS award it is voted on by BS media people and AFL administrators.

Silk has only one All Australian and that was back when he was playing for Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back