Roast The Victory Room becomes the unsocial club

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand it's impossible for somone from the club to respond to every thread but it would be interesting to know the official view on this issue (I mean the social club issue not the ping pong issue).

If the club can't get Etihad to fix it then I'm all for going to the woolshed pub across the road.

Maybe the pub has a large function room that the social club can use for free and get this decked out on game day as an alternative to the Victory room.

I'm not sure how "across the road" this place is, especially at 10pm when people are wanting to go in the direction of Southern Cross station or their cars in the back streets of West Melbourne.

But I'll find out.

I'm not sure how "across the road" this place is, especially at 10pm when people are wanting to go in the direction of Southern Cross station or their cars in the back streets of West Melbourne.

But I'll find out.

It's directly across the road from the Victory room. And you can buy as many pots as you want at a time (and fluffy ducks).

But I'll find out.
its still a fair walk from Etihad, will be sober by the time you get there

Sorry to intrude, but the Woolshed is a great pub. The food's really good, it's comfortable and the TV screens are apparently the largest in the southern hemisphere. No, I don't work there, but I work nearby and have lunch there occasionally, and have also dropped in before a couple of Etihad games.

That's disgraceful about the Victory Room and you should definitely take your patronage elsewhere.

Sorry to intrude, but the Woolshed is a great pub. The food's really good, it's comfortable and the TV screens are apparently the largest in the southern hemisphere. No, I don't work there, but I work nearby and have lunch there occasionally, and have also dropped in before a couple of Etihad games.

That's disgraceful about the Victory Room and you should definitely take your patronage elsewhere.

We've got one leg out the door already.

Once I've cased the Woolshed and timed the walk to Emptyhead there may be a mass exodus.

Who knows, the nice man in charge of the Woolshed might actually make us welcome.

I understand it's impossible for somone from the club to respond to every thread but it would be interesting to know the official view on this issue (I mean the social club issue not the ping pong issue).

If the club can't get Etihad to fix it then I'm all for going to the woolshed pub across the road.

Maybe the pub has a large function room that the social club can use for free and get this decked out on game day as an alternative to the Victory room.

I was so pissed off on Friday that on Saturday morning I sent an email to Eugene, got a reply from him today saying that it was quote " a bloody disgrace and that the club was taking it up with Etihad", he also said it "was pushing them closer to finding another venue where they can get a better deal for our members "

Good on you Eugene make it happen
It's so good that our CEO can respond so positively to a members comments.

**Quietly smirks to self after making spur of the moment decision to skip the Victory Room and head home to catch the last quarter on TV (followed by full replay on Foxtel)**

What about the Leveson? I'm sure Corey Mc would love to have North fans in after a game.

nice work, will be interested to see the progress on this issue. I only get to 1 or 2 games a year due to living 450 kms away but it would be awesome to catch up with the mob pre and post games

Cheers Charlie

I walked into the Victory Room before the game-saw 2 people serving, tables with dirty plates on them, lines 10-15 deep and people standing with meals in hand looking for a free table to eat their meals. I stood there for 5-10 minutes and watched as people who had been at the back of the line trying to get a drink had only made it about half way to the counter and decided that i would walk outside and get a drink from one of the other bars in the ground-that took me all of 30 seconds to do. Not good enough by the management and has ensured that i don't return there whilst the current arrangements are in place.

Cause I'm a bit of a Toff as a opposed to a Teflon Dean, I tend to drink at the Access 1 Bar on Level 2 when I so desire after a match. :stern look

But surely a Hooch Cafe like in Holland would be more the go.

Can't the club buy one of those?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote to Eugene about this and received this back from him.

Yours is not the first email I have received re the Social Club – a bloody disgrace – we are taking it up with Etihad – I reckon they underestimated the crowd however, this nonsense about a one drink limit is ridiculous – I would have thought that the least they could concede is two drinks!! My people have told me that apparently they made a call that the crowd was a bit rowdy and they decided to drop the limit to one instead of two…

We will take it up with them, however, it is pushing us closer to finding another venue where we can get a better deal for our members – stay tuned.

Cheers
Eugene

The man's a gem :thumbsu:

Yours is not the first email I have received re the Social Club – a bloody disgrace – we are taking it up with Etihad – I reckon they underestimated the crowd however, this nonsense about a one drink limit is ridiculous – I would have thought that the least they could concede is two drinks!! My people have told me that apparently they made a call that the crowd was a bit rowdy and they decided to drop the limit to one instead of two…

We will take it up with them, however, it is pushing us closer to finding another venue where we can get a better deal for our members – stay tuned.

Cheers
Eugene

It wasn't as though they changed after half an hour after the game. It was one drink per person from the minute you walked in after the game. Underestimating the crowd is ridiculous, it wasn't that much different to after other wins. I would love to know if this crap happens to other clubs who probably have more people in there than us.

You watch, it will be ok this week, Sunday afternoon 1.10pm start. Then as soon as it's a night game they will be up to their old tricks again.

Cheers
Eugene

Can't help but love the man. Take the business away from Etihad - they continue to under deliver in so many ways. Pathetic!

Cheers
Eugene

Euge's people:

sopranos202.jpg

Suffice to say, this one drink limit BS won't occur again after they've "had a chat" to Etihad management.

So if the crowd at the Victory Room was so "rowdy" that it required a one drink limit, I assume that there was a no drink limit in the Captain's Bar (or whatever it's called these days). That place is like the bar room scene from Star Wars at the best of times.

I assume that there was a no drink limit in the Captain's Bar (or whatever it's called these days). That place is like the bar room scene from Star Wars at the best of times.

I suggest the rule there is a 5-bundy-and-coke minimum. But perhaps I saw it on an unrepresentative night (last year's Collingwood game).

Went to the Woolshed pre-game. Beautiful, spacious, warm, modern venue.

A pot and 2 glasses of white wine (really nice wine as it turned out) cost $20. A bit pricey I thought.

Wouldn't be more than 3 minutes from the Etihad concourse. Straight across the road and up the stairs. If you stand on the balcony thingy outside the Victory Room you can see the Woolshed through the trees.

I'd be very happy to go there before and/or after the games but they'd have to give us (people wearing North gear) a 15% discount I reckon if they wanted us to turn up in numbers. It would make a magnificent 'social club'.

I'd love for someone from the club to check it out and speak to management.

By the way, we went back to the VR after the game. 4-drink limit, plenty of people serving drinks, no complaints at all.:thumbsu:

LT and Narni were the players. Cunnington was supposed to be there but he's got a busted nose.

The social club was shithouse again.

Nathan and Lindsay did their interviews and then they couldn't wait to piss off everybody out of the joint.

The social club was shithouse again.

Nathan and Lindsay did their interviews and then they couldn't wait to piss off everybody out of the joint.

More tables, buy as many as you want. What a change, but it was Sunday afternoon not at night. BR, it has always been the same, not only are they trying to get rid of you after the interviews, most people want to leave anyway. I have always been an advocate of the Captains Bar only because the manager was one of ours but most of our people used to leave straight after the interviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back