Roast The Victory Room becomes the unsocial club

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't the old Oasis Oz in Dryburgh Street empty at the moment?

Perhaps we could get something going there?

Full of pokies Tef.

They tried to drop the machines but must have lost a bit of coin as they were brought back a few weeks ago.

That alone would prolly exclude them from any official involvement given the clubs "Say No to Pokies" stance.

As one of the aforementioned drunk people in the room, I will join the chorus of discontent.

Zebs managed to get me a shout in at half time though, and if you read this I'll return the favour asap.

Full of pokies Tef.

They tried to drop the machines but must have lost a bit of coin as they were brought back a few weeks ago.

That alone would prolly exclude them from any official involvement given the clubs "Say No to Pokies" stance.

Well we need to do something.

The footy has gone far too "nanny state" as it is.

What next? Breathalyzers on the gate?

This bullshit has to cease!

Agree with all that has been said here. It was an absolute f*cking disgrace and has gone from bad to worse over the course of the season.

In the end I just went home after Hamish and Ed finished speaking. The euphoria of the win had been reduced by this near ban on celebrating. Disappointing.

If the club's not getting the profits from the drink sales at exorbitant prices, we should just identify the closest pub/bar to Emptyhead and all agree to meet there pre- and post-match. I'm sure the publican wouldn't mind.

It'd be a shame to miss the player interviews, but they're the icing, not the cake.

If the club's not getting the profits from the drink sales at exorbitant prices, we should just identify the closest pub/bar to Emptyhead and all agree to meet there pre- and post-match. I'm sure the publican wouldn't mind.

It'd be a shame to miss the player interviews, but they're the icing, not the cake.

This post is a winner of the prestigious and very rarely awarded 5 thumbs up.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I thought it was a joke. Met up with some mates, some who sit with us and others that don't and we couldn't organise a shout....how unaustralian and took the edge off a great night. We had two blokes out of seven sipping a stubbie and the rest of us looking at one person serving a massive queue selling a single drink at a time.

We looked at each and decided it was all too hard and left. Fair dinkum what are they thinking Etihad management.......

As one of the aforementioned drunk people in the room, I will join the chorus of discontent.

Zebs managed to get me a shout in at half time though, and if you read this I'll return the favour asap.

No worries mate.

I was on a high after the game, but the one beer limit and mammoth lines certainly dampened the spirit. After my one beer I quickly found another place to celebrate - which is annoying because the vibe in the crowd was sensational after that win.

The club might not get any of the takings, but it certainly devalues the social club membership to enforce bullshit like that.

I thought it was a joke. Met up with some mates, some who sit with us and others that don't and we couldn't organise a shout....how unaustralian and took the edge off a great night. We had two blokes out of seven sipping a stubbie and the rest of us looking at one person serving a massive queue selling a single drink at a time.

We looked at each and decided it was all too hard and left. Fair dinkum what are they thinking Etihad management.......

A ****ing joke isn't a strong enough description.

Had 5 blokes in our group and it was a pain in the arse trying to get a beer at half time let alone at the end of the game.

Not sure who makes the decisions here, but it was an absolute shambles.

Not sure who makes the decisions here, but it was an absolute shambles.

I reckon it might be the pimple faced bar manager with an over inflated sense of self importance. But at least he gets into Bobby McGee's on Monday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we should seriously consider having after match drinks at the Essendon Bowls Club.

They seem like our kind of people.

But according to Ian Collins, Etihad is the best stadium in Australia. This is another kick in the guts for moving games away from the traditional homes. Yes it has been 25 years since this happened, but I would happily que in a line at Arden Street knowing the money was going to the club, than the fat cats at this dump we now play at. $6 bucks for a light beer. Please someone tell me they are taking the p*ss (pun intented!).

But according to Ian Collins, Etihad is the best stadium in Australia. This is another kick in the guts for moving games away from the traditional homes. Yes it has been 25 years since this happened, but I would happily que in a line at Arden Street knowing the money was going to the club, than the fat cats at this dump we now play at. $6 bucks for a light beer. Please someone tell me they are taking the p*ss (pun intented!).

They've got no ****in idea. People are happy to spend the money, they still get ripped off waiting in line 10 deep. This is to maximise profits by reducing staff.
The club must find a venue outside close by.
Free market dictates that this be done. Competition is good. Etihad is bad.

This post is a winner of the prestigious and very rarely awarded 5 thumbs up.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Encouraged by your encouragement I will do a survey (aka a pub crawl) in the Emptyhead vicinity and report back.

There's got to be somewhere closer than the Essendon Bowls Club:D, although they are fine people out there, thumbing their nose at the establishment and all.

Its interesting that this thread came up because i was just talking to friends about it on Friday.
I went to a couple of Man United games at Old Trafford about 10yrs ago and went to their social pub beforehand which is a pub down the road. The atmosphere there was fantastic and the walk to the ground as a huge group was electric.

If we could replicate this it would be amazing.....so heres what ive been thinking.

There is a pub across the road from Etihad on the waterfront called the Woolshed. Its set up absolutely beautifully for a large group to meet before and after the game. The manager (or host...not sure) seems to go out of his way to make sure everyones happy. I went there after the game on Friday and watched the last half on tv again over beers with friends on one of their 2 monsterous big screens. These tvs must be worth a fortune.

Anyway, it seems to be pretty quiet even on game days and i think it would be a perfect opportunity for North to partner up with them. Would definately be a mutually benefical relationship.

Worth thinking about:thumbsu:

If we could replicate this it would be amazing.....so heres what ive been thinking.

I remember as a kid, many pubs around North/Ken/Flem having great atmosphere back in the days when we played at Arden Street. Last drinks 20-30 minutes before the first bounce and then the locals used to pour out of the pubs and walk down to Arden Street.

This tribalism is something that UK soccer has managed to preserve despite becoming a huge business.

It was the cement that held our club together for over 100 years.

Its interesting that this thread came up because i was just talking to friends about it on Friday.
I went to a couple of Man United games at Old Trafford about 10yrs ago and went to their social pub beforehand which is a pub down the road. The atmosphere there was fantastic and the walk to the ground as a huge group was electric.

There is a pub across the road from Etihad on the waterfront called the Woolshed. Its set up absolutely beautifully for a large group to meet before and after the game. The manager (or host...not sure) seems to go out of his way to make sure everyones happy. I went there after the game on Friday and watched the last half on tv again over beers with friends on one of their 2 monsterous big screens. These tvs must be worth a fortune.

Anyway, it seems to be pretty quiet even on game days and i think it would be a perfect opportunity for North to partner up with them. Would definately be a mutually benefical relationship.

Worth thinking about:thumbsu:

Might have too drop in there after the game from now on......l'll NEVER go back to the Victory room ....The only thing l'll miss is the players interviews after the game, but l think a stand has to be made.:mad:

The Aussie bar in Phuket was great, no lines for drinks, a couple of north people from wangaratta and myself got smashed, as they replayed the game straight away:thumbsu:, and the bangla beauties were in great form:D

The Aussie bar in Phuket was great, no lines for drinks, a couple of north people from wangaratta and myself got smashed, as they replayed the game straight away:thumbsu:, and the bangla beauties were in great form:D

Ping pong?

Hopefully you didnt find out the next morning that the "girls" who made sure you got home at the end of the night had an extra player on the field downstairs.

It's amazing what they can tuck away over there.....

I understand it's impossible for somone from the club to respond to every thread but it would be interesting to know the official view on this issue (I mean the social club issue not the ping pong issue).

If the club can't get Etihad to fix it then I'm all for going to the woolshed pub across the road.

Maybe the pub has a large function room that the social club can use for free and get this decked out on game day as an alternative to the Victory room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back