Catfish Alley

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
I’m feeling done with corporate life. I recently finished a contract and am honestly loving being a stay at home Dad these past few weeks. Doing reading in the morning and tagging along to field trips has been great. Even my wife is about to land a job closer to home because just wasting time commuting and doing something unenjoyable seems a waste.

She’s happy with her move. Unfortunately, a single income for years and years is not really feasible. So in a bit of a mid-life crisis. Ideally I’d love our own business but property is so expensive. Thinking just a similar field but close to home. Not sure if the right thread but just venting.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m feel done with corporate life. I recently finished a contract and am honestly loving being a stay at home Dad these past few weeks. Doing reading in the morning and tagging along to field trips has been great. Even my wife is about to land a job closer to home because just wasting time commuting and doing something unenjoyable seems a waste.

She’s happy with her move. Unfortunately, a single income for years and years is not really feasible. So in a bit of a mid-life crisis. Ideally I’d love our own business but property is so expensive. Thinking just a similar field but close to home. Not sure if the right thread but just venting.
I’m about to give this a go; six months at home, looking after the kids, relaxing, probably watching too much...

Netflix.

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Thanks man. I’m somewhat ****ting bricks to be honest about the whole thing, what may be found and implications going forward. But has to be done and cant bury head in the sand.
It's ok. It's not comfortable but you will get over it.

In the last couple of months I've had a doctor stick his finger in the backend, I've also had to give a semen sample, also had a camera put in my penis... These are things we Men find uncomfortable but are necessary for health.. We're not used to be prodded and probed, but we may live longer if we do these uncomfortable things.

I had all that and scans... Results were perfect health, so I went and got drunk. Every. night.

s**t your bricks, but its best to know now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I heard the other day that many young Europeans - that's Europeans, not even Australians - have never heard of the Holocaust. They don't teach history in schools anymore, as so much is being, rightly or wrongly, questioned and rewritten.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
She's 48 soon. I always think of her as younger because she has a young face. And because Married with Children finished over 20 years ago.

Top Bottom