Social Science Things that please me - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never find the jackets I prefer, in a physical store. So I buy a size too big to be safe.

I've done the dodgy a handful of times - tried something on in store to get a feel for the size...... then still guess ordered it over the internet :D. I say guess order as it's still a lottery if it will fit exact or not. I've not got it wrong thus far (not that I've done that method regularly, last time was May last year).

I've done the dodgy a handful of times - tried something on in store to get a feel for the size...... then still guess ordered it over the internet :D. I say guess order as it's still a lottery if it will fit exact or not. I've not got it wrong thus far (not that I've done that method regularly, last time was May last year).

I often order online just because of where I am (Tasmania) it's either $$$$ or more likely not available in my size. Getting our local Myer to order a specific size/colour combination is almost impossible now, as it's all centrally controlled.

Casual stuff I don't really care if it's not a nice fit, but work suits/shirts have to be spot on. All my suits are locally fitted but they're just an off-the-rack that fits well with minor alterations. Getting frustrated with inconsistency online though.

Ordering online (decent brand business shirts - $150 retail at David Jones) on special through a sales website, 50% off.

Order 1: 2 x Shirts, same size as I wear (48). Fit: Perfect. So happy, go to get more but of course sale ended.

Order 2: 6 x Shirts, same size as I wear (48). Fit: 1 perfect, 4 slightly too short in body. Compared cut with existing shirts and same neck/chest but ~2cm shorter? 1 x Tiny (must have been mislabelled was a good 3/4 sizes too small). Returned the tiny one for cash refund as sale had completed.

Order 3: 6 x Shirts, one size bigger (50) after last time. Fit: 2 perfect (identical cut to original 48s). 4 x Humongous! Haven't returned yet, but seriously considering it, as every shirt needs altering to fit. Serves me right for relying on the previous order.

All shirts are same brand, same "fit", and only one size apart on label. Out of that, I have 3 distinctly different sizes.

I was talking to the shop that does my suits, who noted this particular brand uses two suppliers - their 48s are part of their normal range (32-48); whilst their 50s are from a supplier who does their "big man" range (50-72!). They have an alternative brand shirt of course - fits well, and "only" $227 per shirt!

I'd hate having to wear a suit everyday. I wear a polo and tailored shorts for work.

I worked at one private school in Victoria where all the male teachers except the sports coordinator had to wear a tie. I applied for the role and did it for two years simply so I wouldn't have to wear a tie.

I'd hate having to wear a suit everyday. I wear a polo and tailored shorts for work.
That sounds like what my year 11 chem teacher wore, do you round off the look with socks pulled up to the knee, sandals, and BO that makes the kids in the first two rows cry?

That sounds like what my year 11 chem teacher wore, do you round off the look with socks pulled up to the knee, sandals, and BO that makes the kids in the first two rows cry?

Nike runners and ankle socks.

I often order online just because of where I am (Tasmania) it's either $$$$ or more likely not available in my size. Getting our local Myer to order a specific size/colour combination is almost impossible now, as it's all centrally controlled.

Casual stuff I don't really care if it's not a nice fit, but work suits/shirts have to be spot on. All my suits are locally fitted but they're just an off-the-rack that fits well with minor alterations. Getting frustrated with inconsistency online though.

Ordering online (decent brand business shirts - $150 retail at David Jones) on special through a sales website, 50% off.

Order 1: 2 x Shirts, same size as I wear (48). Fit: Perfect. So happy, go to get more but of course sale ended.

Order 2: 6 x Shirts, same size as I wear (48). Fit: 1 perfect, 4 slightly too short in body. Compared cut with existing shirts and same neck/chest but ~2cm shorter? 1 x Tiny (must have been mislabelled was a good 3/4 sizes too small). Returned the tiny one for cash refund as sale had completed.

Order 3: 6 x Shirts, one size bigger (50) after last time. Fit: 2 perfect (identical cut to original 48s). 4 x Humongous! Haven't returned yet, but seriously considering it, as every shirt needs altering to fit. Serves me right for relying on the previous order.

All shirts are same brand, same "fit", and only one size apart on label. Out of that, I have 3 distinctly different sizes.

I was talking to the shop that does my suits, who noted this particular brand uses two suppliers - their 48s are part of their normal range (32-48); whilst their 50s are from a supplier who does their "big man" range (50-72!). They have an alternative brand shirt of course - fits well, and "only" $227 per shirt!

wow! that makes it confusing and hard!!! i once tried on a shirt on the hanger for size in store. OK! bought in store a bundle of shirts (all packaged), same size, all said the same thing on the tag. Got home, ripped em open to find two of them fit perfectly, the others did not! frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back