Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught like a 12 seater charter plane to Kangaroo Island for the races. Was a little uneasy but it wasn't too bad outside of a bit of wind landing at Kingscote. 3 days later the Essendon airport crash happened. Would have been absolutely packing it if it happened just before my flight instead of just after.

I've done the little plane to King Island, this is the reason I've never been comfortable on the propeller planes, was not fun. And you rarely hear of big jumbo jets crashing, it's always a ******* light plane.

I've done the little plane to King Island, this is the reason I've never been comfortable on the propeller planes, was not fun. And you rarely hear of big jumbo jets crashing, it's always a ******* light plane.

IT COULDVE BEEN YOU!

Bit of annoying social media posts:
1. Parents who post long winded 'Happy Birthday' messages with some pictures of their children who are not old enough for social media and/or cant even read. What's the point? Its all about them getting likes and comments rather than the kid. Same goes for 1st Birthday parties, parents put on this massive party and the kid doesn't know what's going on. Again, all about the parent and not the kid. Shits me.
2. Non-parents who post long winded posts about kids birthday. A friend on instagram posted 10 story posts of her nieces birthday (4 yrs old). Its not your kid, stop pretending like it is. Send them a card, give them a call or say happy birthday if you see them.

1. Parents who post long winded 'Happy Birthday' messages with some pictures of their children who are not old enough for social media and/or cant even read. What's the point? Its all about them getting likes and comments rather than the kid. Same goes for 1st Birthday parties, parents put on this massive party and the kid doesn't know what's going on. Again, all about the parent and not the kid. Shits me.
2. Non-parents who post long winded posts about kids birthday. A friend on instagram posted 10 story posts of her nieces birthday (4 yrs old). Its not your kid, stop pretending like it is. Send them a card, give them a call or say happy birthday if you see them.

Birthdays.

It was mine yesterday and facebook was littered with well wishes and the like. I deliberately do not publicise it, nor does the date of birth appear anywhere public. I never reply to the posts, and never write a a reply that is generic like this "thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a great day blah blah".

When people bemoan our immigration intake, and applaud cuts to intake numbers because they get government handouts and houses and welfare.....why isn't money going to the farmers!!1111!!! Yet same people aren't themselves helping the farmers via donations etc

Birthdays.

It was mine yesterday and facebook was littered with well wishes and the like. I deliberately do not publicise it, nor does the date of birth appear anywhere public. I never reply to the posts, and never write a a reply that is generic like this "thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a great day blah blah".

Happy birthday Peter. Hope you are well. Me and Ethel are doing okay, her arthritis is acting up again. I said if it doesn't get any better I'm taking her to the vet that cured our little Daisy, lol! Only joking. Best wishes, Bert and Ethel xx

Happy birthday Peter. Hope you are well. Me and Ethel are doing okay, her arthritis is acting up again. I said if it doesn't get any better I'm taking her to the vet that cured our little Daisy, lol! Only joking. Best wishes, Bert and Ethel xx
i'm delighted ernie ended up getting the sex change. how's she going?

Did you go away in the caravan this year?

So my wife ordered 5 iPads 2 days ago through Amazon, the package arrives within 24 hours which is impressive except... The box arrives, and you can tell it's been opened, Mrs looks inside and pulls out an Estelle Lauder moisturiser. Someone, somewhere has knocked off our iPads in transit.

Now we moved to the things that please me, Mrs contacts Amazon straight after receiving the moisturiser explaining the deal. Within 48 hours iPads are delivered. I received the delivery and refused to sign for it before opening the boxes. Driver was pretty mad but I tell him desole mais je ne parle pas bien francais (my go to phrase when I cant be bothered dealing in french).

Overall a fine outcome and kudos to Amazon who asked no questions, but I presume those 'missing' iPads have serial numbers and will be detected somehow once someone goes online with them.

I see that a bit, there's nothing really wrong with it, it's just a bit weird. I've even seen one which was a happy birthday to a niece but didn't say it was a niece, and at least one person said they didn't know they'd had a kid ha ha

So my wife ordered 5 iPads 2 days ago through Amazon, the package arrives within 24 hours which is impressive except... The box arrives, and you can tell it's been opened, Mrs looks inside and pulls out an Estelle Lauder moisturiser. Someone, somewhere has knocked off our iPads in transit.

Now we moved to the things that please me, Mrs contacts Amazon straight after receiving the moisturiser explaining the deal. Within 48 hours iPads are delivered. I received the delivery and refused to sign for it before opening the boxes. Driver was pretty mad but I tell him desole mais je ne parle pas bien francais (my go to phrase when I cant be bothered dealing in french).

Overall a fine outcome and kudos to Amazon who asked no questions, but I presume those 'missing' iPads have serial numbers and will be detected somehow once someone goes online with them.

Did you at least sample the moisturiser?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

please send me the estelle lauder moisturiser

I was always very careful speaking my school boy French lest they answer back. I could understand my English cousin's French because spoke it at less the break neck speed although I suspect she probably indulged the dumb arse Aussie in an attempt to improve his French.

I was always very careful speaking my school boy French lest they answer back. I could understand my English cousin's French because spoke it at less the break neck speed although I suspect she probably indulged the dumb arse Aussie in an attempt to improve his French.
There's nothing wrong in what I said, and often people will see it as an opportunity to practise their English. Most people presume Im British but when they hear Im Australian I get all kinds of funny reactions. A few weeks back a dude smiles and started skipping like a kangaroo. They know Skippy here but not Seinfeld :drunk:

Sorry, I don't speak good French?

There's nothing wrong in what I said, and often people will see it as an opportunity to practise their English. Most people presume Im British but when they hear Im Australian I get all kinds of funny reactions. A few weeks back a dude smiles and started skipping like a kangaroo. They know Skippy here but not Seinfeld :drunk:
Tsk tsk tsk

I remember having a beer with a German dude one night in a hostel and he was practicing his English with me and he kept saying as I did with the French, stop speaking so quickly. When it's your mother tongue you never notice.

Sorry, I don't speak good French?
Exactly.

I remember having a beer with a German dude one night in a hostel and he was practicing his English with me and he kept saying as I did with the French, stop speaking so quickly. When it's your mother tongue you never notice.
Yep. I have to deliberately slow down when Im speaking to a French person who speaks English. My accent is rather unique to those that do follow. I can speak a bit of French but I will struggle with some regional accents too. People from Marseille are almost impossible for me to even understand basic French, so are the hillbillys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back