Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kid is learning french in Kinder...Still trying to learn English and they throw in this curve ball.

Done properly, learning a 2nd language often accelerates the learning of the 1st language as it helps the brain to reinforce the method/style of connections between words and meaning.

There's a fair bit of research into getting early learning children to pick up the basics of a second language alongside their traditional English development.

Been trying to get a gardening service guy to mow my lawns all week but he hasn't appeared. I'll have to do it myself tomorrow now and my grass has grown to a foot high while waiting for him.

Been trying to get a gardening service guy to mow my lawns all week but he hasn't appeared. I'll have to do it myself tomorrow now and my grass has grown to a foot high while waiting for him.
A foot high may have lurking snakes. I'd get a ginger in.

A new thing that's shitting me... We are in the process of planting 2,311 new plants for summer in 3 large garden beds. My wife and I planted more in a 3 hour afternoon than our 2 gardeners did in a day. They spend their entire day talking about food(tres Francais) and showing each other videos on their phones.

These campaigners have so much work ahead of them that we are helping them do their job, yet they're lazy as *!

A foot high may have lurking snakes. I'd get a ginger in.

A new thing that's shitting me... We are in the process of planting 2,311 new plants for summer in 3 large garden beds. My wife and I planted more in a 3 hour afternoon than our 2 gardeners did in a day. They spend their entire day talking about food(tres Francais) and showing each other videos on their phones.

These campaigners have so much work ahead of them that we are helping them do their job, yet they're lazy as ****!

ho ho hoon why should we plant ze garden ven zees Ostray-Leanne pigs vill do ze job for us

People who decide well after everyone else has got off the train/tram/bus to get off themselves.
I am a fan of that moment of defeat when someone realises they are about to miss their stop and does the mad dash for the door but doesn't make it.

I am a fan of that moment of defeat when someone realises they are about to miss their stop and does the mad dash for the door but doesn't make it.
There was an instagram that was just people missing trains.

When I was on peak trains when I was near the door on the comeng trains I would close the door after everyone had boarded. People would do the mad dash to an already shut door.
On the Siemens you can push the doors a little faster but theyre made of chalk so you can break them.

The look of resignation when someone is running for their train and they just miss it gets me every single time.
I love watching them as they run down (or up) the ramp outside the station and just as they hit the platform the train is moving off. That look right there is priceless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Campaigner drivers though who see them running and still take off
If you're late, you're late.

When they leave early though, well then yes they are campaigners.

Signed up to Kayo so I can watch the game this afternoon but can't get it to Chromecast.

What kind of Chromecast do you have? You need an ultra I think. That's what I bought and it works fine

I'm using Telstra TV.

What Chromecast do you have though?

I thought Telstra TV was chromecast? I play YouTube on TV through my phone using Telstra TV.

I thought Telstra TV was chromecast? I play YouTube on TV through my phone using Telstra TV.
I think chromecast is the google unit. You can cast using your telstra thing but you're not chromecasting. Just casting. Anyway i just looked up telstra air and it definitely says you should be able to get kayo on it so that does suck. I signed up during the jlt so i could sort out any teething problems before today

I'll just have to watch it on my phone and get it fixed during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back