Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Mozzies for me. They sneak up on you and the first you know they're there is you start to scratch madly.
SEQ is blessedly not plagued by many flies, but the silent army of mozzies and midgies, especially around dusk, is beyond annoying.
Yep any type of flying insect is on my s**t list

SEQ is blessedly not plagued by many flies,
this was something unexpected to me when i moved here having come from Perth - was about 6 months after i moved here (and went back to perth) and started having to swat flies when walking from perth airport terminal to my taxi that i realised i had no flies bugging me that first 6 months i was living over here.

CCA12R.jpg

Swear to god it has a life of its own when you're trying to set it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been two years and change since Zoom meetings at work have been a daily occurrence. More than enough time for people to grasp the idea that them bringing their cat along lost its novelty value quite some time ago.

Or everyone emphasising “don’t worry if your kid walks in during a zoom meeting”

Maybe they don't have a choice.

Oh, the one that is the particular focus of my ire has a choice. I'm not talking a brief cat arse cameo as they wander past the screen: I'm talking holding the cat and waving 'hello' with its paw at the start of a team meeting with 30 people, making sure they're unmuted while someone else is talking to say something like "get out of there Socks, you naughty thing"... that sort of thing.

That's not "don't have a choice", that's attention whoring and completely disrupting a meeting for no purpose, after people have made it pretty clear (without explicitly saying it) over the past 18-24 months that they're not interested in your pets.

Last edited:
Oh, the one that is the particular focus of my ire has a choice. I'm not talking a brief cat arse cameo as they wander past the screen: I'm talking holding the cat and waving 'hello' with its paw at the start of a team meeting with 30 people, making sure they're unmuted while someone else is talking to say something like "get out of their Socks, you naughty thing"... that sort of thing.

That's not "don't have a choice", that's attention whoring and completely disrupting a meeting for no purpose, after people have made it pretty clear (without explicitly saying it) over the past 18-24 months that they're not interested in your pets.
You need to vent at their house in person.
Will make you feel a lot better.
Save the poor cat from their stupid owner whilst you there too.

Flogs who decide to have a full blown catch up with someone they have run into whilst standing on the side of the road at a pedestrian crossing.

Have your ******* catch up, but don't make everyone come to a ******* standstill as you have zero ******* awareness of where you are.

Drives me ******* nuts.
What about doing that at a cemetery? Recently visited Springvale to pay respects to late parents. Four of those flogs were standing about 5 metres away laughing and chatting as if it was Federation Square. Looking daggers at them had no effect until one of the women saw my expression, murmured to the others and they moved away about another three metres and resumed the hilarity. I decided the direct approach was required, went over and told them they were being inappropriate. To give them credit they apologised and moved to a vacant area some distance away, but how thick do you have to be to be loud and laughing near people visiting graves at a cemetery?
They were still going at it when we drove off.

Last edited:
Flogs who decide to have a full blown catch up with someone they have run into whilst standing on the side of the road at a pedestrian crossing.

Have your ******* catch up, but don't make everyone come to a ******* standstill as you have zero ******* awareness of where you are.

Drives me ******* nuts.

Happens in my main street, plus people always have dogs and they take up even more of the footpath.

The mouse/mice in my roof sh*t me. I don't know how they get in each winter (and I've inspected the whole property). I can hear them scratching around in the middle of the night doing God knows what damage. I have a flat roof which has no access hatch into the ceiling like houses with pitched/tiled roofs, so no easy way to set traps or baits. A house with a flat roof is cheaper to build but troubleshooting a problem (leaks, pests) is a sumbitch.

The mouse/mice in my roof sh*t me. I don't know how they get in each winter (and I've inspected the whole property). I can hear them scratching around in the middle of the night doing God knows what damage. I have a flat roof which has no access hatch into the ceiling like houses with pitched/tiled roofs, so no easy way to set traps or baits. A house with a flat roof is cheaper to build but troubleshooting a problem (leaks, pests) is a sumbitch.

Yep I've got a flat roof too and get the odd mouse, pretty painful. I just hope they don't die and get stuck in the walls!

I’ve had a five man dev team working overtime for the last six weeks to deliver a project on time - we have just finished UAT prior to going live in PROD at the end of the week

Final showcase was today, and halfway through I get an email from the product owner saying they want to revisit the requirements 🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back