Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing funnier than two people absolutely losing all sense of dignity in the middle of the street

Funniest one I've seen was an Old guy who used to live up the street. 80 if he were a day. One day he was being guided out of a car by a oldish woman (50s perhaps) but certainly not unattractive and I thought well isn't that nice she is helping the old gent out.

They then proceed to have a full on snog in the middle of the street. Fair play to the Old boy.

I tend to take a liberal view of these things but a spring night in the city after the races people simply lose all concept of what it means to be human. An absolute zoo.
that's what 10+ hours of drinking in the sun and gambling does to you

My bogan neighbours scream at each other all hours of the night.

Got laid off at work today. Kinda shitty but got a decent payout and haven’t been enjoying it for a while.

All the best going forward Catfish, is there much work available in your field at the moment or are you looking at something different

Got laid off at work today. Kinda shitty but got a decent payout and haven’t been enjoying it for a while.

?!! s**t what are you gonna do CA.
I took a redundancy about 4 years ago, had only been in the job three years but got a decent enough payout were I got to spend a couple of months trekking Nepal for free and didn't have to stress about finding a job quickly when I came back.

Have a few weeks where you don't even think about work CA, that would be my advice.

One of my friends was retrenched and got a veeery decent payout. He absolutely wasted it--didn't travel, didn't put it towards a deposit on a place, nothing. Just frittered it away on brunches and wine nights.

?!! s**t what are you gonna do CA.

Well, I’ve got enough to not have to work for a number of months but got a family and everything so will be responsible. Already found a few jobs to apply for. My experience is pretty solid and the market over here seems ok.

It’s dissapointing and you feel like a bit of a deadbeat being let go but I’ll be alright. As suggested, I’ll probably at least take it easy for a week or so and think about it.

I’m actually kind of over the corporate grind. Considering taking a pay-cut and just working closer to home where I can pick our boys up from school and enjoy myself a bit more.

Well, I’ve got enough to not have to work for a number of months but got a family and everything so will be responsible. Already found a few jobs to apply for. My experience is pretty solid and the market over here seems ok.

It’s dissapointing and you feel like a bit of a deadbeat being let go but I’ll be alright. As suggested, I’ll probably at least take it easy for a week or so and think about it.

I’m actually kind of over the corporate grind. Considering taking a pay-cut and just working closer to home where I can pick our boys up from school and enjoy myself a bit more.

I've been there also- at my last school (which I was very happy at)- I knew I'd be let go at the end of the school year even before the Principal told me. Was a very depressing few months, until I got the job where I'm at now.

Yeah enjoy a bit of down time and the extra time with you kids. And good luck finding something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do ittttt (if you can afford it). Life's too short to spend it all commuting.

could be one of those silver linings things if you weren't enjoying it, you get paid to leave and can find something new, doesn't even have to be the same sort of job

One of my friends was retrenched and got a veeery decent payout. He absolutely wasted it--didn't travel, didn't put it towards a deposit on a place, nothing. Just frittered it away on brunches and wine nights.
I did that when I was 20, got the pay out, partied for a few months, started looking for work when the money ran out

could be one of those silver linings things if you weren't enjoying it, you get paid to leave and can find something new, doesn't even have to be the same sort of job

I did that when I was 20, got the pay out, partied for a few months, started looking for work when the money ran out
He wasn't partying, and he's mid-30s. If he was early 20s I'd totally get it.

Time to go full aussie in canada. Dreadlocks + a job at a ski resort is just the ticket.

I lol but this sounds like something I'd do. Constant trips to italian restaurants and visits to bookdepository.com, then one day suddenly go 'hey where ma munny?'

Time to go full aussie in canada. Dreadlocks + a job at a ski resort is just the ticket.

I lol but this sounds like something I'd do. Constant trips to italian restaurants and visits to bookdepository.com, then one day suddenly go 'hey where ma munny?'
I understand how sports stars piss away all their cash so easily. When you have a job and are use to spending without consequences it becomes hard to change that even when you know you're not getting a top up pay check every week.

I understand how sports stars piss away all their cash so easily. When you have a job and are use to spending without consequences it becomes hard to change that even when you know you're not getting a top up pay check every week.

I always found Mike Tyson relatable. Earned $300million, blew through it all on sports cars and high end prozzos.

I always found Mike Tyson relatable. Earned $300million, blew through it all on sports cars and high end prozzos.

MC Hammer did the same thing, blew all the millions he made from "U Can't Touch This" living the high life and giving generous handouts to friends.

Not that smart when you're just a one hit wonder.

I like the Georgie Best line, "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered".

I'd hate to think how much he blew on booze, even after he got a liver transplant he was still boozing, mind you he probably got shouted plenty of free drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back