Mega Thread Things that s**t me the Thirteenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Womens tennis can stand on it's own two feet though, for as long as I can remember it's been almost on a par with mens tennis with as many big name stars which can attract crowds on their own merit.

My ex-GF was (and probably still is, though I don't care any more) a rabid feminist and tennis nut. She was in full flight about how women deserved equal prizemoney, how the Williams hulkssisters were being ripped off for millions, etc etc and I crossed the streams by suggesting women play 5 sets in the Grand Slam events too.

Took a year for the scars to heal and I can sit down without (too) much discomfort now.

My ex-GF was (and probably still is, though I don't care any more) a rabid feminist and tennis nut. She was in full flight about how women deserved equal prizemoney, how the Williams hulkssisters were being ripped off for millions, etc etc and I crossed the streams by suggesting women play 5 sets in the Grand Slam events too.

Took a year for the scars to heal and I can sit down without (too) much discomfort now.
flawless-queen-kat-stratford-16681703.gif

Something like that?

(Don't eat my damn image you stupid forum)

People using 'impact' as a verb when they mean 'affect'. Shits me.

For example, the proposed legislative change will impact the following organisations...

What? It's going to crash into them?

Maybe I'm just a stickler, but whatever, impact as a verb is trash.

impact

noun

/ˈɪmpakt/
  1. 1.
    the action of one object coming forcibly into contact with another.
    "there was the sound of a third impact"
    synonyms:collision, crash, smash, clash, bump, bang, knock, jolt, thump, whack, thwack, slam, smack;
    contact
    "car parts were spread by the impact over a wide region"
  2. 2.
    a marked effect or influence.
    "our regional measures have had a significant impact on unemployment"
    synonyms:effect, influence, impression, footprint; More

Seems its being used correctly to me.

$125 to see my doctor
Apparently it was a long visit - I don’t think I was even in there more than 15 minutes and that was her doing not mine.
I got slugged $30 for a visit that was basically two script renewals and a permission note for a B12 shot. That said for s*** and giggles I looked at what it would cost for my prescriptions in America and we do okay here.

That said for s*** and giggles I looked at what it would cost for my prescriptions in America and we do okay here.

My American friends occasionally rue and lament the cost of their meds on facebook. They do not appreciate me linking them up with the relevant pages on Chemist Warehouse and telling them how much I'd pay after waving my health care card.

My American friends occasionally rue and lament the cost of their meds on facebook. They do not appreciate me linking them up with the relevant pages on Chemist Warehouse and telling them how much I'd pay after waving my health care card.
My doc was telling me he went to a wedding in Malaysia that was in a malaria area so he wrote himself a script for an anti malaria course of pills which cost him $12, some American friend of his were at the wedding and the same course of pills cost them $1200.

People who are lucky enough to have an aflw team that do nothing but sook and whinge about it.

Had similar experience recently. I always try to get the lowest sugar choice. Did this with peanut butter recently and it turned out to be a 60/40 mix of oil and sawdust.

I go to the health shop and get the to crush peanuts for me in their grinder. Less oil and also makes a good satay sauce too.

impact

noun

/ˈɪmpakt/
  1. 1.
    the action of one object coming forcibly into contact with another.
    "there was the sound of a third impact"
    synonyms:collision, crash, smash, clash, bump, bang, knock, jolt, thump, whack, thwack, slam, smack;
    contact
    "car parts were spread by the impact over a wide region"
  2. 2.
    a marked effect or influence.
    "our regional measures have had a significant impact on unemployment"
    synonyms:effect, influence, impression, footprint; More

Seems its being used correctly to me.

Depends who you ask: https://alexisgrant.com/2011/08/30/affect-vs-impact/

Like I said, I'm being a stickler, but it shits me.

My doc was telling me he went to a wedding in Malaysia that was in a malaria area so he wrote himself a script for an anti malaria course of pills which cost him $12, some American friend of his were at the wedding and the same course of pills cost them $1200.
Wait, the Liberal party haven't taken these pharmaceutical benefits away yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My housemate is a complete waste of space. He's mid 40's, drinks 60+ standard units of alcohol a week at a minimum, orders Uber eats at least 10 times a week, never cleans his bathroom (I'm talking mould everywhere and piss all over the floor) and pays someone to come in and change his sheets every 4 months. He's on a whole stack of medication, continually plays the victim and exaggerates everything for attention, including trying to drag me into it on occasion. Remember that scene from The Office where Michael says he had to stand over the sink and eat like a rat? Yeah my housemate does that un-ironically. He also underwent an abrupt job change about 5 months ago which I suspect was due to his 'hobby' of getting drunk and then calling other employees post 7pm to go through work stuff or bitch about other employees.

Can't wait to moving out at the end of the year.

Last edited:

Can we start our own BF daigou and send medications to America

Watching the replay of last night's game on Foxtel and the commentary is way out of sync with the visual.

Of course not every case.

What i like to do is reply to the sender.

And then forward my reply as an attachment to those who i did not cc

There was an email chain at my work years ago with about 30 people in it about the Xmas party, everyone ended up replying with stupid s**t and such. The GM stepped in and said “no more replies” and I humorously replied all “Ok.. wait sorry”, champagne comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back