Things You Don't Give a s**t About

Remove this Banner Ad

Came across a pic on instagram stating that "One fast food hamburger can contain meat from 100 different cows". Lots of "OMG how disgusting, neva eating burgers again" and I replied saying "What's the problem with that". I'm still eating mine.

It would be the same with hamburger meat you get from a supermarket. Not sure why that would be an issue.

I don't give a s**t about the car industry or car culture.

We have stuff all culture in Aus... now we lost a portion of it.
As a child of immigrants I couldn't care less about the English or the Anzacs.

Cars was about the only Aussie thing that mattered.

Almost every front page or front of the news story these days. I understand a lot of the time major news isn't out there, but * me surely there's better things to report about than some big car crash in Dandenong or some youths getting into a brawl somewhere. My mum is the worst when it comes to this stuff too. Listens on the radio in the car during the day, then watches the 6pm news and will tell you about all these shitty boring stories she has heard. Especially those stories where a spouse has gone missing or something and Channel 9 acts like it has got itself an OJ Simpson story in the making.

It's even more damning when in the past year Syria has basically been reduced to rubble yet I can hardly ever recall these "mainstream" outlets ever properly reporting on it.

No wonder so many people I meet are so clueless about affairs.

They probably smoke a pack a day and still have the nerve to complain. $600 a year, it's really not that much if you really love your footy.
It's a waste of money.

If you love companies having monopolies over things like live sport than I really don't know what's wrong with you. There should be far more competition when it comes to the whole thing.

It's a waste of money.

If you love companies having monopolies over things like live sport than I really don't know what's wrong with you. There should be far more competition when it comes to the whole thing.

Foxtel is a waste of money these days since Netflix etc. (or even just torrents) has come along. It's worth very little to me to have a heap of channels full of syndicated re-runs. If you don't watch sport and have Foxtel then give yourself an uppercut.

I disagree they have a monopoly on live sport, though. I can watch every AFL, A-League, Super Rugby match live. I can watch the tour of India. I can watch a bunch of European soccer leagues. There's now a whole channel dedicated to the NRL (yay?). I can watch cricket series not involving Australia. I can watch NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL matches live. Most of this is only possible with a pay per view service.

If channel 9 had the rights to the India series they'd punt it off to Go or 9Gem and probably still interrupt it with other s**t. No way in hell they are going to give up 3pm-11pm EST on their main channel. Where Foxtel has been ahead of the game is having so many channels. A handful of FTA networks with a couple of channels each can't compete with a provider that has a dozen or so sports channels alone. FTA networks are all about funneling viewers to their main channel to get viewership numbers and subsequently advertising dollars. Fox offer a much bigger range of programming and will show multiple games from the same league at the same time because they are appealing to a market that will pay for that service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxtel is a waste of money these days since Netflix etc. (or even just torrents) has come along. It's worth very little to me to have a heap of channels full of syndicated re-runs. If you don't watch sport and have Foxtel then give yourself an uppercut.

I disagree they have a monopoly on live sport, though. I can watch every AFL, A-League, Super Rugby match live. I can watch the tour of India. I can watch a bunch of European soccer leagues. There's now a whole channel dedicated to the NRL (yay?). I can watch cricket series not involving Australia. I can watch NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL matches live. Most of this is only possible with a pay per view service.

If channel 9 had the rights to the India series they'd punt it off to Go or 9Gem and probably still interrupt it with other s**t. No way in hell they are going to give up 3pm-11pm EST on their main channel. Where Foxtel has been ahead of the game is having so many channels. A handful of FTA networks with a couple of channels each can't compete with a provider that has a dozen or so sports channels alone. FTA networks are all about funneling viewers to their main channel to get viewership numbers and subsequently advertising dollars. Fox offer a much bigger range of programming and will show multiple games from the same league at the same time because they are appealing to a market that will pay for that service.
And yet they let Optus buy and ruin EPL for most Aussie viewers because of complacency. Eh...

And yet they let Optus buy and ruin EPL for most Aussie viewers because of complacency. Eh...

We get some EPL games on FTA now though, it's usually only one game on SBS on Saturday night but it's better than nothing.

Almost every front page or front of the news story these days. I understand a lot of the time major news isn't out there, but **** me surely there's better things to report about than some big car crash in Dandenong or some youths getting into a brawl somewhere. My mum is the worst when it comes to this stuff too. Listens on the radio in the car during the day, then watches the 6pm news and will tell you about all these shitty boring stories she has heard. Especially those stories where a spouse has gone missing or something and Channel 9 acts like it has got itself an OJ Simpson story in the making.

It's even more damning when in the past year Syria has basically been reduced to rubble yet I can hardly ever recall these "mainstream" outlets ever properly reporting on it.

No wonder so many people I meet are so clueless about affairs.

It sure as s**t matters if you are from Dandenong. Syria is half way round the world. Look I agree in principle don't watch if you don't want to but you can't then dictate what people will pay attention to and what they won't.

There are so many things I don't give a f*** about.

- what's going on at my wife's work. I can never remember who the f*** is who, what their job is. So I tune out after 20 seconds.

- politician salaries. You couldn't pay me enough to be scrutinised the way they are while being held responsible for every slight inconvenience that happens to people.

- Danny green. You're a toss mate.

- those f***wits on social media who cry whenever someone dies who once played 'coffee shop customer #3' in some s**t movie.

- anyone who uses the phrase 'gonna get my insert-what-they're-doing-here on.'

- I don't have a problem at all with heartfelt, proud and loving social media posts of people's kids. What I f***ing hate is the c***s who after, say, an athletics carnival will go '5 firsts, a second and a couple of age records. Not a bad day.' As though it's actually a) something they've done themselves and b) something other people were keen to find out. Memo: it's not the f***ing footy scores. If your kid has done something to enrich the world, I care about it. If they haven't, I don't.

- beers that have more ingredients than a f***ing Thai stir fry. Just get VB and drink it you bell-end.

There are so many things I don't give a f*** about.

- what's going on at my wife's work. I can never remember who the f*** is who, what their job is. So I tune out after 20 seconds.

- politician salaries. You couldn't pay me enough to be scrutinised the way they are while being held responsible for every slight inconvenience that happens to people.

- Danny green. You're a toss mate.

- those f***wits on social media who cry whenever someone dies who once played 'coffee shop customer #3' in some s**t movie.

- anyone who uses the phrase 'gonna get my insert-what-they're-doing-here on.'

- I don't have a problem at all with heartfelt, proud and loving social media posts of people's kids. What I f***ing hate is the c***s who after, say, an athletics carnival will go '5 firsts, a second and a couple of age records. Not a bad day.' As though it's actually a) something they've done themselves and b) something other people were keen to find out. Memo: it's not the f***ing footy scores. If your kid has done something to enrich the world, I care about it. If they haven't, I don't.

- beers that have more ingredients than a f***ing Thai stir fry. Just get VB and drink it you bell-end.
Yeah my mrs talks about her work a lot, and while I care to an extent, after a few minutes it gets to the point where I don't care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back