gokangas

Premium Platinum
Jan 16, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm - Victory
Put your comments in here. 2020 - promised a lot and delivered bugger all. Probably lucky to get a season as corona virus decimated sport (and lots of other things). What is your take on the year?

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In what is an asterisks year I’ll take the top 2 pick and consider that a win if we weren’t going to win the flag

gokangas

Premium Platinum
Jan 16, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Storm - Victory
I held so much hope at the start of the season. It was time to step up and I honestly thought we would be 7 at best, 10 at worst. OK - injuries were big for us and that has to be looked at. But surely we aren't as bad as second bottom? The game plan was a shambles, we ran out of puff way too early. Is it fitness? It was said the Shaw flogged us preseason. Was it poor injury management? Numbers say it's a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caracas

Premium Gold
Apr 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Kildare
We can come out of that nightmare still breathing.

Be scared.
Truly, in the long history of the game, has there ever been a team that hand-balled directly to the opposition so consistently, with devastating effect, as the North Melbourne 2020 team? I, literally, have no words after tonight’s performance, in that regard. Between that and our goal-kicking, it cost us a comfortable win tonight!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ashley B

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
I held so much hope at the start of the season. It was time to step up and I honestly thought we would be 7 at best, 10 at worst. OK - injuries were big for us and that has to be looked at. But surely we aren't as bad as second bottom? The game plan was a shambles, we ran out of puff way too early. Is it fitness? It was said the Shaw flogged us preseason. Was it poor injury management? Numbers say it's a problem.
I am not sure Go Kangas, but this chocolate cake i am devouring in honour of our season finishing is making up for some of that sh*t we witnessed this yr

Ryz

Premium Platinum
Aug 26, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
MMA
Finally had a year with no false dawns and showed where the list was at. Few senior players had nowhere to hide this season.

That being said, lot of young players carried the load and stepped up, not only that but potential elite talent.

Lot of work to be done and higher standards need to be set, but not all doom and gloom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom